It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliian

It's the body that feels wrong. Having other gender names made up is not going to solve the issue of feeling like your body is foreign. It's the body itself that doesn't feel right. When it's said we feel like a woman, it's because we feel like we should have breasts, a vagina ect. Is why someone can be transgender and into stereotypically male things, because it's the body not fitting with how you feel, not some weird, well I like pink so I think I'm a girl type crap.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Ahhhh....Ad hominem. Last resort of someone with no logical point to be made. Interesting...you can call me names because of MY beliefs, but no one else could call this little boy names because of HIS beliefs. You are a hypocrite, plain and simple. That is not ad hominem or name calling...it's just the demonstrable proof as displayed by your statements.

Playing the victim......again

I was mocking you because you say that nothing will ever change your mind, ever, making you a fundamentalist (that's a fact).

Such closed minded ignorance and arrogance deserves nothing less.

You could call this person names if you wanted nobody would stop you, because like I said, everyone has the right to be a ****.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

When it's said we feel like a woman, it's because we feel like we should have breasts, a vagina ect.

Hard to swallow. If I'm born without a foot, I don't think I could "feel" the foot. I could look at other people with feet, and imagine. But, it's all just imagination. If I'm born blind, I couldn't imagine what it is like to see. So, if the body part isn't there, and never was, how could anyone feel that the part is missing? Are we into reincarnation here? I mean, if you were a woman in a previous life, then maybe somehow a memory is there of what you used to be. But, this life you're a man, so why not just go with the flow?
edit on 9-1-2015 by Aliian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've tried going with the flow as you put it much of my life, it DOES NOT WORK. It took me a long time to fully grasp and understand what I am. But you haven't lived it, you wouldn't understand it, I'm really not sure you can. Most people that are transgender would LOVE to feel comfortable in their body as the sex we were designated at birth. Many of us go through agonizing hell for years in self denial trying to be what our body implies but our minds cannot accept. People like you all are so frustrating, you act like we just decide one day, "you know what I think it'd be sweet to be a woman rather than a man" it does not work like that. There is no "going with the flow" just self denial and self hate, confusion, and frustration.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There is no "going with the flow" just self denial and self hate, confusion, and frustration.

You mean like when a monk or priest decides to take up the path and become celibate, giving up all thoughts of lust, that kind of self denial? You are aware that people do this all the time right? People deny their inner urges to walk the holy path.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Science has enough indicators to know gender dysphoria and sexual orientations are both physically caused. Something that happens in the developing fetus.

The brain of a transgender sees themself the opposite gender then the physical body. The brain says you are in everyway female --- even though the "wrapping" is male gender.

There is no conscious choice ---- the body and brain are simply made that way.

This is a very simplex explanation. Just to make it clear.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

So because who and what I am is different than what you would like I should become a buddhist monk? Also it's not lust and it's not some kink.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
OK when we do we deem something a mental illness and when it isn't?

If someone thought they were God, Devil, Jesus or Abraham Lincoln...we say they are mentally ill...when someone says they feel they should be male but born female..we say different.

What if being gay, feeling like you were born in the wrong body, or enjoy dressing up like the opposite sex is found to be a mental disorder..what would we do?

I, for one, believe everyone's choices should be free..but why are we ignoring that these could be mental disorders...what if we could help them.

I have gay friends and we talk freely, sometimes I do bring this up..they say it is not the same thing...etc and our conversation usually ends, after all I am not trying to change them and am OK with who they are...I just bring it up to see how they feel about it.

But I ask...how is it different? Why is thinking your someone else...deemed mentally ill...while thinking your a different sex or attracted to the same sex..is not? I ask you...what if a white/black (or any race for that matter) person thought they were born in a different body and should be another race..would we take them seriously..or would we call them crazy?

When is something natural and a mental illness?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

If you have a penis and yet keep insisting that you're "really a woman" you have a mental illness, in my opinion.

As you stated, that is your opinion

But as many of us has posted here, which no one seems to read nor care, researchers have narrowed down what may possibly be a cause for what leads to transgenders

It's not delusional thinking on their part
it's a lot more complicated than that

This is just from one study:

Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later.

Medics are keen to find concrete physical evidence to help those children who feel they are trapped in the body of the opposite sex. One key brain region involved is the BSTc, an area of grey matter. But the region is too small to scan in a living person so differences have only been picked up at post-mortem.

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan

This is not a whim or phase as many here would like to think
These people do not wake up one day and say, 'Gee, I want to be a boy/girl'

It's much more complicated as is suggested by the article, if anyone cares to read it

A 2010 study of 121 transgender people found that 38 per cent realised they had gender variance by age 5. White matter differences could provide independent confirmation that such children might benefit from treatment to delay puberty.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

OK but what if someone thinks they are born the wrong ethnicity?

Is it a mental illness or the same thing?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

So because who and what I am is different than what you would like I should become a buddhist monk? Also it's not lust and it's not some kink.

No but I will let you be a High Priestess in my cult

I'm not sure when you started transitioning, but I'm at the beginning of that journey and there was no way I could not have started it if I didnt keep hitting a spiritual roadblock relating to my identity. I tried the teachings of the Buddha, but found it wasnt the right path, Hindu has scets that accommodate trans*, some are entirely transwomen...

We have a deep spiritual power, the boys fear us for this. Attacking us is them trying to sever our power over them.

Since this thread is not in Philosophy and Metaphysics I wont go all off topic.

Love and light sister.
edit on 10-1-2015 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Ethnicity isn't truly a real thing like gender is. Ethnicity is a made up division of humanity that people use to describe slight physical feature differences based on lineage and/or place of birth. There's no such think as a white man's, asian man's, or black man's brain.

As described above, our brains are actually the other gender from our body. You find any evidence a white man's brain is substantially different from a black man's then we can talk. Honestly ethnicity is just cosmetic. In some asian countries many actually do alter their eyes to be more white, ect. To that I say whatever. I have no problem with a black man wanting to look white, a white man wanting to look middle eastern, ect, is all cosmetic, like bleaching your hair, tattoos ect. Some people get body modifications to look like lizards and cats, I don't care, not my business how someone wants to look.

Doesn't make it the same thing though.

We're talking the brain being different being actually a woman's or man's brain. That's not going to be willed away or change. It's not a chemical imbalance is a physical difference. No drugs or mind tricks are going to fix it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: snarky412

OK but what if someone thinks they are born the wrong ethnicity?

Is it a mental illness or the same thing?

Not sure if you heard about the man who threw his 5 yo daughter off a bridge?

Before that happened, his lawyer (child custody) called 911 on him because he kept saying she was 'God' and other off the wall religious remarks and she was concerned for the well being of his daughter

Well, appearing before the judge he said he would leave it 'up to God' regarding needing representation for the murder

Now THAT is mental illness....hearing voices or believing that someone is God and sacrificing your child for the better

Someone being gay or transgender is NOT a mental illness...it has to do with genes/chromosomes/brain matter-- that they were born with

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Nice to find another sister on here. I'm at a roadblock of sorts myself. No where near getting anywhere I need to be. I lose myself in computers, ect with people that let me be me, I focus out the real world because I'm just not strong enough to do what's necessary to be myself. I fall apart too easily, too fragile. But not going to go any further off topic talking about myself.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

It's much more complicated as is suggested by the article, if anyone cares to read it

Interesting article. So, it looks like we might find a "cure" soon. I see they suggest "delaying puberty" to help fix the problem. But, once we understand scientifically, what went wrong, we're sure to develop the right treatments.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Delay puberty so the person can decide to transition without having terrible damage done to their body by aging too much before hand. Not the cure you're thinking. The longer we go before transitioning, the more irreperable damage male hormones do to our bodies, making a more full transition harder. Sorry bub, the cure is not making us suddenly think we're the sex you want us to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian
. . . we're sure to develop the right treatments.

Treatment OPTIONS.

People with various sexual orientations are not broken in the sense they should have to feel they need to be fixed to appease society.

They are as they were designed.

I support that they have all OPTIONS available to them to be happy and have a successful life --- of their choice.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

This is not a mental illness??????????yes it is.......if somebody came to you and said i am a dog trapped in a humans body, gave you the boo hoo you obviously need you would probably help fund the first tail grafting operation, you are moronic if you need to see whats a mental illness by looking at a list........satanic elements run our media pushing perverts and feminism, all logic is in the damned bin its emotion now that seems to be the currency of the 5th column, if your not some clown of a woman clutching a picture of a kitten as i type, bag it and bin it.
edit on 11-1-2015 by surfin4 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

If you have a penis and yet keep insisting that you're "really a woman" you have a mental illness, in my opinion.

As you stated, that is your opinion

But as many of us has posted here, which no one seems to read nor care, researchers have narrowed down what may possibly be a cause for what leads to transgenders

It's not delusional thinking on their part
it's a lot more complicated than that

This is just from one study:

Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later.

Medics are keen to find concrete physical evidence to help those children who feel they are trapped in the body of the opposite sex. One key brain region involved is the BSTc, an area of grey matter. But the region is too small to scan in a living person so differences have only been picked up at post-mortem.

A 2010 study of 121 transgender people found that 38 per cent realised they had gender variance by age 5. White matter differences could provide independent confirmation that such children might benefit from treatment to delay puberty.

I think you and I actually agree, we're just phrasing it differently. Maybe I should say it's a hard wiring issue rather than an illness?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfin4
a reply to: Annee

This is not a mental illness??????????yes it is.......if somebody came to you and said i am a dog trapped in a humans body, gave you the boo hoo you obviously need you would probably help fund the first tail grafting operation, you are moronic if you need to see whats a mental illness by looking at a list........satanic elements run our media pushing perverts and feminism, all logic is in the damned bin its emotion now that seems to be the currency of the 5th column, if your not some clown of a woman clutching a picture of a kitten as i type, bag it and bin it.

Why do ignorant people continue to bring animals into human sexual orientatiion discussions?

Not worth any further comment.

edit on 11-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join