It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: jaffo
One does not have to be an expert to see the obvious. Got a penis? Congratulations, you're a boy. That is not my "opinion" and it IS NOT "armchair psychiatry." It's R-E-A-L-I-T-Y.

Totally armchair psychiatry, you see something, you think you know what you're talking about (when you don't), you make absolute claims or statements.

Is a hermaphrodite always a boy or always a girl?

Nope. A hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite. Notice how we have a name to describe that very specific condition? You know, kind of like how we have the names "male" and "female" to describe two other very specific conditions. That is NOT what we are talking about here. We are talking about someone who was medically 100% a man, no ifs ands or buts about it. That person mentally "felt" that they were something else. You know what we call persistent delusional thinking? Because there's a name for that specific condition too. It's called "mental illness." This young man was mentally ill. He had a persistent delusion of thought. It was not properly treated. When you are physically 100% a given sex but simply "feel" that you "should be" or "really are" the other, you are mentally ill. Just because people like to feel warm and fuzzy about enabling every single individual desire in this day and age does not mean that I have to pretend-or that anyone else has to pretend-that crazy makes perfect sense. Because it doesn't.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
It is a clear anomaly and documented as so.

Taken out of context.

But this is not about someone who was unfortunate enough to have an anomaly at birth. The topic as of late is those factually born correct according to science, nature, and I guess God with a penis or vagina and for some reason they want people to believe deep inside they should instead have the opposite because thats who they feel they are inside. Whatever be odd and spoiled, its america thats our right. But you will always be and what you were born in my book, and I have not and will not call a man a woman because he decided to go see Dr. Frankenstein and pump their bodies full of chemicals and unnatural levels of different hormones. Thats is a violation of MY civil rights as they are attempting to force me to accept a lie, I will do no such thing.

Good grief someone else playing the victim with this issue when it has nothing whatsoever to do with them......YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS.....lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Nope. A hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite. Notice how we have a name to describe that very specific condition? You know, kind of like how we have the names "male" and "female" to describe two other very specific conditions.

lol hermaphrodites are not a gender.

You said:

Got a penis? Congratulations, you're a boy

And you were wrong.....yes?

That is NOT what we are talking about here. We are talking about someone who was medically 100% a man, no ifs ands or buts about it. That person mentally "felt" that they were something else. You know what we call persistent delusional thinking? Because there's a name for that specific condition too. It's called "mental illness." This young man was mentally ill. He had a persistent delusion of thought. It was not properly treated. When you are physically 100% a given sex but simply "feel" that you "should be" or "really are" the other, you are mentally ill. Just because people like to feel warm and fuzzy about enabling every single individual desire in this day and age does not mean that I have to pretend-or that anyone else has to pretend-that crazy makes perfect sense. Because it doesn't.

Well there's your armchair diagnosis, made with years and years of experience and knowledge in the field no doubt?....call them crazy or just ill and be done with it!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nope. A hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite. Notice how we have a name to describe that very specific condition? You know, kind of like how we have the names "male" and "female" to describe two other very specific conditions.

lol hermaphrodites are not a gender.

You said:

Got a penis? Congratulations, you're a boy

And you were wrong.....yes?

That is NOT what we are talking about here. We are talking about someone who was medically 100% a man, no ifs ands or buts about it. That person mentally "felt" that they were something else. You know what we call persistent delusional thinking? Because there's a name for that specific condition too. It's called "mental illness." This young man was mentally ill. He had a persistent delusion of thought. It was not properly treated. When you are physically 100% a given sex but simply "feel" that you "should be" or "really are" the other, you are mentally ill. Just because people like to feel warm and fuzzy about enabling every single individual desire in this day and age does not mean that I have to pretend-or that anyone else has to pretend-that crazy makes perfect sense. Because it doesn't.

Well there's your armchair diagnosis, made with years and years of experience and knowledge in the field no doubt?....call them crazy or just ill and be done with it!

It's not armchair analysis. It's medical fact. Persistent delusional thought is viewed as mental illness. If you have a penis and yet keep insisting that you're "really a woman" you have a mental illness, in my opinion. No, it is not diagnosed as such yet, nor is it viewed as "normal thought process" either. But to be fair, all of your responses amount to "Nuh uh, and you're a jerk." So I don't think I will bother with this any further. We disagree. It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

in my opinion

If all you're stating is the above, with no facts or evidence to back your claim up, why would anyone spend any considerable amount of time on it?

You entered this thread to tell everyone (including the girl in question and people like her) how they're wrong, ill, mentally broken.....based purely on nothing but .......your opinion, your armchair opinion

I called it out as such and you didn't like it.

*shrug*
edit on 8-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

in my opinion

If all you're stating is the above, with no facts or evidence to back your claim up, why would anyone spend any considerable amount of time on it?

You entered this thread to tell everyone (including the girl in question and people like her) how they're wrong, ill, mentally broken.....based purely on nothing but .......your opinion, your armchair opinion

*shrug*

And that's all you have, is opinion. You are doing the exact same thing, only using backhanded insults to essentially tell everyone who does not buy into this kid's delusion that they're jerks, essentially.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

Although to be fair, it really isn't my "opinion" that someone who "feels" they are the opposite sex is suffering from mental illness. Again, persistent delusional thought IS mental illness. So, yeah, I kind of do have some facts on my side here.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

Although to be fair, it really isn't my "opinion" that someone who "feels" they are the opposite sex is suffering from mental illness. Again, persistent delusional thought IS mental illness. So, yeah, I kind of do have some facts on my side here.

It is your opinion.

APA Revises Manual: Being Transgender Is No Longer A Mental Disorder

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

That's actually fairly interesting. The cynic in me says "Wow. What a neat way to say they have a problem but not a disorder." After all, if there is no disorder, then what is there to treat? If there is no disorder, why would there be any need for therapy or the like? And the recommendation really runs contrary to the established paradigm that persistent delusional thought is in fact mental illness. Nonetheless, it's interesting. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

That's actually fairly interesting. The cynic in me says "Wow. What a neat way to say they have a problem but not a disorder." After all, if there is no disorder, then what is there to treat? If there is no disorder, why would there be any need for therapy or the like? And the recommendation really runs contrary to the established paradigm that persistent delusional thought is in fact mental illness. Nonetheless, it's interesting. Thanks!

It's real. It's not about belief. They treat for emotional distress for acceptance in society (basically). The APA intentionally put "gender dysphoria" (not transgender) as a treatable emotional condition so insurance would cover it. Not as a dysfunction or mental illness.

As I say: "The creation of a human is extremely complex. You put all the ingredients into a big pot and stir. What you're gonna get is all variations. And that includes all variations of sexual orientations. It's what "soup" you are made into. You don't get to choose off a menu.

There are now camps for transgender kids, beginning as young as 8. We still have a lot to learn snd understand about the complexity of humans.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

It's real. It's not about belief. They treat for emotional distress for acceptance in society (basically). The APA intentionally put "gender dysphoria" (not transgender) as a treatable emotional condition so insurance would cover it. Not as a dysfunction or mental illness.

As I say: "The creation of a human is extremely complex. You put all the ingredients into a big pot and stir. What you're gonna get is all variations. And that includes all variations of sexual orientations. It's what "soup" you are made into. You don't get to choose off a menu.

There are now camps for transgender kids, beginning as young as 8. We still have a lot to learn snd understand about the complexity of humans.

"Camps for transgendered kids." Oh Jeebus...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

Absolutely! Transgender is a real "physical" condition. Not a belief.

("Physical" in quotes because it also includes brain chemicals/patterns etc. Knowing it is real (genetic/physical/chemical etc), doesn't mean the full cause is known. Same as why some are born homosexual and others heterosexual.

CAMP ARANU'TIQ: www.camparanutiq.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Oh, and I'm no expert. But, I am to some degree knowledgable.

20+ years ago I worked for a company where I was the minority being a straight female. I started reading everything I could on LGBT. I've kept with it all this time. So I have read a lot on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

("Physical" in quotes because it also includes brain chemicals/patterns etc. Knowing it is real (genetic/physical/chemical etc), doesn't mean the full cause is known. Same as why some are born homosexual and others heterosexual.

No, it's not. It is not real. Sorry, that is and always will be my opinion. If you have a penis, you are a man. If you have a vagina, you are a woman. If you have a combination of both, you are a hermaphrodite. "Feeling" that you should be the other sex is a mental illness. My opinion on that is not going to change. Ever. And that's ok. Because if someone else is free to believe that their wiener "should have been" a va-jay-jay, I'm free to believe they're crazy.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

in my opinion

*shrug*

It is your opinion.

thinkprogress.org...

No, it's not. It is not real. Sorry, that is and always will be my opinion. If you have a penis, you are a man. If you have a vagina, you are a woman. If you have a combination of both, you are a hermaphrodite. "Feeling" that you should be the other sex is a mental illness. My opinion on that is not going to change. Ever. And that's ok. Because if someone else is free to believe that their wiener "should have been" a va-jay-jay, I'm free to believe they're crazy.

At one time people believed, had the opinion, seizures were being possessed by the Devil.

You can have all the opinions you want. When they're based on ignorance, they lack credibility.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thats disgusting and is likely a pedo sex camp. What better way to exploit children than to have them prove how much of the opposite sex they are. Dude people are sick. i guarantee one incident of an undercover cam operation into that transgender camp will come up with all kinds of illegal activity.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
And sadly, most are only seeing this very real, intelligent plea since a suicide punctuated it... if a life can really punctuate anything.

Life is sorta unmodifiable.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

My opinion on that is not going to change. Ever. And that's ok.

Yep like I said everyone's allowed to be a ****, even a fundamentalist ****.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My opinion on that is not going to change. Ever. And that's ok.

Yep like I said everyone's allowed to be a ****, even a fundamentalist ****.

Ahhhh....Ad hominem. Last resort of someone with no logical point to be made. Interesting...you can call me names because of MY beliefs, but no one else could call this little boy names because of HIS beliefs. You are a hypocrite, plain and simple. That is not ad hominem or name calling...it's just the demonstrable proof as displayed by your statements.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's sad. Why should a male teen think he's a female. Why does it have to be "either/or" ? I think that's the problem right there. The language only has "man" and "woman". But, it's not possible to know what being a woman is like, unless you're actually a woman. So, maybe the teen didn't feel like a man, although being in a male body. But, the teen was definitely confused about being a woman. If we created other "genders" that allowed more possibilities, maybe we'd remove all the stress and distress. We all learn language, and then struggle to use the words given to us to describe the world as we see it. The problem here may just be language.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join