It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops Assault YouTuber For Dancing in the Street

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Sure, cops should get the same punishments everyone else does. I'm not defending the cop, I'm just not defending the "dancer" either.

I think cases like this just provoke and take away from the real abuses by cops that we so often see on youtube day in and day out. This guy went into it with a pre-determined motive to get a bad reaction from the cops, (and us).

Was what the guy did unlawful? If not, then he needs no defense. The cop does, but he requires none, because the system protects him from criminal behavior of this type. He'll get away scot-free because cop, and there's a double standard.

That, by the way, is why you're going to see more problems. Cops will act like it's eeeeevil and a big surprise and we're just doing our duty but that double standard is beginning to chafe.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have a long list of why I do not live in NY or even the east coast...I'll just add one more item to that list now.

28. Don't dance around cops

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I can't argue the double-standard, but THIS is a bad example IMO because this guy was looking for a bad reaction. He sure tugged at your heart strings so it must have worked.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

He went in with a mic, (didn't you see it fall on the ground after he was "pushed"?) while his buddy filmed from a distance, which to me says he knew what he wanted the outcome to be, and it wasn't going to be a good one. It was then sent to Youtube to get the reaction you are having now. If that's not provoking, then what is? Again, I don't condone the cops behavior, but c'mon, common sense should always prevail.

So what exactly is it you believe he was attempting to provoke? Sure I can concede that any type of hidden cam prank is an attempt to provoke a reaction from the unsuspecting target if we really want to get technical about it. And that reaction is usually laughter. So are you suggesting the intent was to provoke violence?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The guy was on a tv shoe an entertainment vehicle so had a bug.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

So are you suggesting the intent was to provoke violence?

Maybe? Who knows, but we do know that the NYPD isn't in the mood for "jokes" as of late given recent events. Not a smart move by this "dancer" any way you look at it. I think common sense is needed more often, of course, this is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Maybe? Who knows, but we do know that the NYPD isn't in the mood for "jokes" as of late given recent events. Not a smart move by this "dancer" any way you look at it. I think common sense is needed more often, of course, this is just my opinion.

Indeed, nobody really knows for sure the intent but the individual involved. My opinion being it was a lighthearted attempt at humor just like all the other videos of people doing the same thing to others. "Hey you know what would be funny..." But I suppose not everyone will ultimately see it that way. Many will see anyone who encounters police whether with or without a camera and/or mic as provocateurs intending to provoke a violent reaction. And they are entitled to believe that.

I can also see how engaging with police like they are just regular people can defy common sense sometimes. Why should we expect a friendly response to childish antics. But so goes the rift between law enforcement and civilians. Where even when we try to create a positive interaction and perhaps even start improving relations, we are met with force. Of course that is merely my opinion. After all, maybe this guy just wanted to get roughed up by police for Youtube.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

How does he know ANYONE's not a threat?

Like I said, no one else came up behind the officer and started gyrating their body. Officers have been put on high alert similarly to what our black community has felt they have been under for decades. They are acting out accordingly.

Not that I think either side was right, but this was a bad example in order to highlight some type of injustice.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can't stop getting the image of a lot of these of videos. I for some reason visualize the police as roman guards/soldiers and if i were to in that that timeline. The way they shove people kind of fits into it a bit.

Does anyone else think of this when they see these kinds of videos?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

That's the point through, once again our Police officers are assuming the role of Guards and Solders when really they are there to uphold and enforce the law of the land. You would think they have enough on their plate having to also play part time social worker with rather a few of their clientèle but alas this is apparently not the case.

Maybe they are board or repressed? I know i would be should my job profession be that of a Police officer.
LoL
edit on 31-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i dont see the problem, the guy was being annoying . i wouldnt mind if he got tazed several times.
just becaue youre legally allowed to be a dick, doesnt mean you should.

Yeah, Tazed would have made a awesome Youtube Video.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

He sure tugged at your heart strings so it must have worked.

Nah, what tugs at my heart strings are cops that commit crimes I could never get away with, and are never so much as written up for it, much less charged with a crime. Had I done that to the COP, I'd be in jail. Had I done it to someone in front of the cop, I'd be in jail. But the cop does it and it's high fives.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

How does he know ANYONE's not a threat?

Like I said, no one else came up behind the officer and started gyrating their body.

When that's a crime, the officer's reaction might be appropriate. When it's not, the officer is a criminal.

Officers have been put on high alert similarly to what our black community has felt they have been under for decades. They are acting out accordingly.

The reason they're on high alert is that the populace has had enough of this sort of behavior from police.More of it isn't exactly helping their chances.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When New York City Police Walk Off the Job

Many members of the New York Police Department are furious at Mayor Bill de Blasio and, by extension, the city that elected him. They have expressed this anger with a solidarity tantrum, repeatedly turning their backs to show their collective contempt. But now they seem to have taken their bitterness to a new and dangerous level — by walking off the job.

The New York Post on Tuesday reported, and city officials confirmed, that officers are essentially abandoning enforcement of low-level offenses. According to data The Post cited for the week starting Dec. 22 — two days after two officers were shot and killed on a Brooklyn street — traffic citations had fallen by 94 percent over the same period last year, summonses for offenses like public drinking and urination were down 94 percent, parking violations were down 92 percent, and drug arrests by the Organized Crime Control Bureau were down 84 percent.

Hey some good has come from this!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join