It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Cops Assault YouTuber For Dancing in the Street

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Does that excuse the assault afterwards?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 30-12-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I could understand a cop getting pissed at being frightened by some character dancing behind him( in this climate) so he recoils and reacts angrily towards the court jester type fellow.

He may have feared being stomped to death or that his head would have been tap danced on

I already said that.

On the other hand just imagine the warmer scenario of the cop laughing it off and befriending the character. That alone might have broken the thaw.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I don't condone the actions of the police in this vid, but the guy was clearly trying to provoke the cops. He was mic'ed and why would that be? I can only think he was hoping for a bad outcome to make a Youtube vid about it. Just sayin.

Trying to provoke? There are what looks to be hundreds of these videos on Youtube of people doing this little dance dare thing to others in public. The police are the only ones I've seen act with aggression as a result. If they want to be seen like anyone else then they need to lighten up and have a laugh at something as mundane and stupid as this. Instead they chose to act out in the stereotypical thug behavior we're growing more and more accustomed to with law enforcement.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is Canada and the US...if you can't act stupid on the street without hurting anyone...then why call our countries great?

People should be allowed to be as stupid as they want..as long as they are not hurting anyone or promoting anyone to hurt others...LET THEM!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah, a warmer scenario might have been possible in a warmer climate and had the cops not just attended a funeral or two of fellow slain officers.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Maybe the person in question was dancing along to this little ditty and it just was not the officer in questions cup of tea? LoL

edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Contrast that to a Swedish cop:

Scandinavians get to have the best of everything.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Now we know what really started terrorism!

edit on 30-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Someone has to make the climate warmer

Although they do say: time heals all wounds, it would be very graceful to see the cop’s warm things up.

The dancer made an attempt to humanize the cop and he failed to pick up that signal.

It’s unfortunate

Like Garners daughter, I think, going to the funeral of the officer

Try to see both perspectives

Therein is wisdom

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's what's going to happen....

Conventions will shy away from NY, tourism will plummet, Business will suffer. If my professional association wanted to hold their annual meeting in NY, I would vote against it in favor of Vegas. Who wants to go to a city where you will be afraid of the cops? Vegas cops are usually cool, friendly, helpful and professional.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If he played that he might have killed the guy for sure

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: Rikku
i dont see the problem, the guy was being annoying . i wouldnt mind if he got tazed several times.
just becaue youre legally allowed to be a dick, doesnt mean you should.

That means it's ok if i hope you get tazed several times for your post, right?

I second that. If you can't act a little silly in public without the gestopo man handling and throwing you to ground then we mize we'll be in some communist country. Oops we kinda are headed that way.

Ok Ya the guy was stupid, and ya the cops are on edge, but seriously where do you draw the line?

Jeez to suggest someone should be taxed for being silly... Someone needs to chill out.

If you havent noticed, in most communist countries they have far fewer people imprisoned.

So whats the deal with that? Whos the real communist? Look at what we pay in taxes, isnt that communist?

Using the word communist is inappropriate because were blaming a system on how it was used instead of blaming the people who misused a system.

Seriously. Communism at its root has not worked, ANYWHERE! the root ideal of communism is based on a utopian theory thT just doesn't work! In America your supposed to be free to express yourself within the confines of the law. This silly guy was doing just that.

Feel free to wish for something that will never happen in America.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Excellent point. I think the mayor had that in mind when he called a meeting with the cop union leaders.

NYC mayor, police union leaders meet amid rift over officers' shootings, protests

NEW YORK — Mayor Bill de Blasio met privately for more than two hours Tuesday with the leaders of the New York Police Department's unions, aiming to mend a rift with rank-and-file officers that has threatened to overwhelm his young mayoralty. While administration officials characterized the meeting as the beginning of a process to heal wounds opened by protests about police conduct and the fatal shooting of two officers, union leaders struck a more cautious note, saying that "only time will tell" if relations would improve.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Cops aint there to push peeps to the floor for doing nowt illegal.

cops are human before they are cops. if youve spent 8 hrs on you feet in the middle of winter dealing ith idiots allday, would you appreciate some tool doing a stupid dance behind you so he could put it on youtube?

I'm just glad you're not a cop. You'd be a poor example of the profession. They're not waitresses that at the end of a busy day give you a dirty look for ordering a meal for crying out loud, which is bad enough I might add. If they can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

You know, even though they were irritated and they tried to find just cause to arrest and couldn't, they should have said, "hey, get out of our space, you bother us". No, they have to toss him to the ground and act all tough and huffy. That's what I'm talking about, cops with no respect for people. Who thinks that behavior is okay, ESPECIALLY from a policeman? If a cop saw someone doing that to someone else, that someone would be arrested!
edit on 30-12-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

He went in with a mic, (didn't you see it fall on the ground after he was "pushed"?) while his buddy filmed from a distance, which to me says he knew what he wanted the outcome to be, and it wasn't going to be a good one. It was then sent to Youtube to get the reaction you are having now. If that's not provoking, then what is? Again, I don't condone the cops behavior, but c'mon, common sense should always prevail.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
How would the officer know he wasn't a threat?

How does he know ANYONE's not a threat? They're not threatening in any way, first clue.

How does he get feedback that his behavior is unacceptable? Well, if cop, there is no way, it seems. Because if you so much as say, hey, that's not the sort of thing we'll put up with, cop killing nut cases or no, then you are LITERALLY DRIPPING WITH BLOOD. Or, at least that's what the cop unions would have you believe.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Again, I don't condone the cops behavior, but c'mon, common sense should always prevail.

If the cop's behavior is criminal, should he be punished, to the same degree as the citizen should be if he did that to the cop?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Again, I don't condone the cops behavior, but c'mon, common sense should always prevail.

If the cop's behavior is criminal, should he be punished, to the same degree as the citizen should be if he did that to the cop?

Sure, cops should get the same punishments everyone else does. I'm not defending the cop, I'm just not defending the "dancer" either.

I think cases like this just provoke and take away from the real abuses by cops that we so often see on youtube day in and day out. This guy went into it with a pre-determined motive to get a bad reaction from the cops, (and us).
edit on 30-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join