It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You just want to argue for argues sake. The thug got Darwin'd and if it was me who pulled the trigger I'd have a party and celebrate being alive, afterwards we'd all go out and piss the booze out on the thugs grave.
Nice of you to defend the scum of the earth, it is funny.

Well done avoiding the question

Show me one line out of the 40+ now posts of mine in this thread where I defended the Kid
Ill be here so take your time

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

And obviously the criminal din't pay any attention to that "rule" either. It just absolutely makes the point that gun laws and rules only affect law abiding citizens in a negative way, criminals will continue to do exactly as they want regardless.

Yes, lets make a victim oriented society! Let's let the criminals have ALL the power!

Which criminal do you want to have the power the "lessor" one that claimed to have seen a gun and used that excuse to kill someone or the other who wanted to take a pair of shoes from him?

Claimed? There were witnesses.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

And obviously the criminal din't pay any attention to that "rule" either. It just absolutely makes the point that gun laws and rules only affect law abiding citizens in a negative way, criminals will continue to do exactly as they want regardless.

Yes, lets make a victim oriented society! Let's let the criminals have ALL the power!

Which criminal do you want to have the power the "lessor" one that claimed to have seen a gun and used that excuse to kill someone or the other who wanted to take a pair of shoes from him?

Claimed? There were witnesses.

That and police recovered a gun. Unless somebody is seriously suggesting this dude was carrying a throwaway gun

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: SheopleNation

You keep on blabbering about how we are all happy about it, but can you provide any evidence where I said that?

Another one who hasnt bothered to read the thread

In 1 post I qouted about 10 people FROM THE 1ST PAGE who expressed feelings of joy and celebration.

WTF is wrong with you people?????

Can you show me where I singled out you personally as saying anything at all?

Well, you singled me out as having called you a coward, and I remain pretty certain that I didn't call you or anybody else a coward so....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

That isn't true, IkNOwSTuff replied to me personally that the man with the shoes should have surrendered the shoes and just crossed his fingers and hope that the confrontation ended there without further problems.

I believe I was offering an alternative to killing someone and didnt say he should of, I said he could have.
I would have handed them over but then again according to all you wannabe Rambos Im just a coward so what would I know

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

True.

In my country, Norway, people will assume that you are either a criminal or insane if you walk around armed or have guns stashed around your house.

And since the population is not armed to their teeth, neither ordinary citizens nor the police have any reason to fear for their lives on a daily basis. They do not always have be ready to"shoot first, or be killed". Last year the police fired 3 warning shots in total. The last time police had to shoot and kill someone, was in 2006. Last year two people were killed by weapons (one rifle and one shotgun) in the population, one of the deaths was a hunting accident. We have never had a school shooting.

But what do you know, in US the answer to violence and killings seems to be "more guns for everyone". The stupidity of it is amazing, but at least the weapon industry must be happy.

Good post.
You can't rationalise with gun morons though.... there's no point.
As you said, they think the answer to "Too much gun crime" is MORE GUNS.

Just ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

SIGH

You gun nuts really do just see what you wanna see dont you

You quoted my 1st post in this thread, in it I dont defend anyone or anything nor do I try to justify anything, all I do is express shock at peoples celebratory and quite frankly disturbing and disgusting posts

Nobody is celebrating the kids death, we are in fact, celebrating that the victim lived. BIG DIFFERENCE.

OMG!!!!

You managed to find my post on the 2nd page so WTF are you talking about!!!!
The first page is pretty much NOTHING BUT PEOPLE CELEBRATING.

Too many people are responding to me too waste my time with people whos comprehension skills are less than those of goldfish so please dont be offended that I will be ignoring you from now on

edit on 28/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would happily give away a pair of shoes, rather than have to live the rest of my life knowing I'd taken another human life.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Closed to allow members to read the following.......mod notes thus far have gone unheeded by too many.....gun control is not the topic....neither are other members......

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Please Stay On Topic – Please Review Link.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on Sun Dec 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Reopened.
Please know that is the same behaviors that contributed to this closing continue, further post removals will happen....with the possibility of Posting Bans.

Do not reply to this post!!!!
edit on Sun Dec 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I would happily give away a pair of shoes, rather than have to live the rest of my life knowing I'd taken another human life.

What if then the criminal takes you hostage and rapes or kills you? That is a possibility you know. If a criminal is going to threaten your life, you cannot therefore predict their actions. Frankly, I'd rather not gamble like that, I don't like the odds.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: sirlancelot

Few people that conceal carry ever want to be in a position where they have to use lethal force. Personally I dread that day. However if anyone breaks the law and attempts to rob, assault, or hurt me and mine then they will have made the decision and I will in turn be forced to make mine!

And that decision ends with someone would would have taken something of little value and easily replaceable in a wooden box 6 feet in the ground, yep thats a really healthy outlook and shows a deep respect for life.

Your passive approach to the a criminal, victim encounter is not logical, it's naive!

And your excessively aggressive one is twisted and sadistic and completely lacking any humanity

What needs to happen is these young criminals need to stop learning values from tv, the street, and friends and start learning them from mentors, fathers, mothers, and the like.

And how do you suppose they do this when if you had your way the first time they commit a crime they would be dead?

If we followed your logic their would be more criminals, they would be more brazen, and there would be more innocent victims.

And if we followed yours a whole heap of young naive people who feel in with the wrong crowd or did something foolish out of desperation would be dead.
Once again the rest of the world isnt in the grip of some massive crime wave and we dont all carry guns. According to your logic (I use the term very loosely) we should be overrun with fearless crims robbing, assaulting and generally terrorising us but funnily enough that isnt the case

I don't feel sorry for criminals who go around robbing people and brandishing guns. You feel free to let anyone take from you but I will choose to excercise might right and ability to keep what is mean,even if it cost said criminal their life. Had the kid not done what he did he would have been alive. Stop feeling sorry for these criminals!

If you consider defending myself against an armed robber aggressive then I'm ok with that. Better to have options and defend myself then me being the one 6 feet under.

My comments about mentors had more to do with ideas to keep these kids from being criminals to begin with. Don't twist it around. I certainly don't want kids being killed for being stupid criminals but more then that I don't want to be a victim of said criminals. Feel free to be a bleeding heart for them, be their victim. Not this guy.

My logic is simple if the fit ever hits the fan I will be ready and feeling sorry for the misguided and giving them a pass to run crazy all over will only give criminals more reason to do it more.

Lastly this kid wasnt desperate for a pair of shoes! He didn't give a crap and saw an easy target and did his thing. Sadly his easy mark was just like me. 100% unwilling to allow another to take from me what is mine. You can continue to let whomever take from you that what isn't theirs in your effort of appeasement and forgiveness. Just hope in doing so you don't end up 6 feet under.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

You just want to argue for argues sake. The thug got Darwin'd and if it was me who pulled the trigger I'd have a party and celebrate being alive, afterwards we'd all go out and piss the booze out on the thugs grave.
Nice of you to defend the scum of the earth, it is funny.

Well done avoiding the question

Show me one line out of the 40+ now posts of mine in this thread where I defended the Kid
Ill be here so take your time

You defend his actions by ridiculing all of us who have to ability and willingness to defend ourself as oppose to hand over our stuff.

Where does it end.? If someone breaks into my house should I hope they don't shoot me and let them take all my stuff? Listen feel free to take a different approach. I have not probs with you doing it your way. Why do you have a problem with those willing to defend themselves?

At the end of the day criminals are criminals and robbery, burglary, assault, etc should never be given a pass if one can help it!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

The problem is the celebration that this guy killed the person.

The glorification of death is just disgusting .

You can be happy that the guy exercised his rights, but why does that have to throw out all possible sympathy for the kid that lost his life?
Yes he did something he should not have done. Yes it was his fault that the man did what he did.
But to glorify his death?
People always want to talk about stop playing into the divide, I think this would be a great example of people playing right into it.

Is having sympathy for a person the same as defending his actions?

edit on thSun, 28 Dec 2014 18:54:35 -0600America/Chicago1220143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 28 Dec 2014 18:57:12 -0600America/Chicago1220141280 by Sremmos80 because: it was one of those pathy's

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is not that I am happy that the kid is dead. I feel no joy over that however at the same time the action of flashing a gun at someone they are robbing to me is the same as threatening their victims life in which case I don't feel any empathy for him.

I guess apathy as you said is probably closer to what I do feel about it. You did mean to say apathy right not empathy?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Talk about fail of word usage

I guess sympathy is what I mean.

He was 16 and felt the need to rob some one with a gun over shoes.
Pretty sad that he was at that point so young in life.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Someone with a CCW could still be a criminal or evil or crazy person who just happened to pass whatever background check they needed to because they've never been caught. Just saying.

Perhaps one does slip through the cracks, but it's not the norm, that would be an extreme rare exception, not the rule.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That isn't true, IkNOwSTuff replied to me personally that the man with the shoes should have surrendered the shoes and just crossed his fingers and hope that the confrontation ended there without further problems.

I believe I was offering an alternative to killing someone and didnt say he should of, I said he could have.
I would have handed them over but then again according to all you wannabe Rambos Im just a coward so what would I know

Nothing 'wannabe Rambo' about preserving one's own life when it is being threatened by someone else. That's basic instinct for any creature on Earth.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Good post. You can't rationalise with gun morons though.... there's no point. As you said, they think the answer to "Too much gun crime" is MORE GUNS. Just ridiculous.

"As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet."

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

When the gun was pulled and pointed by the victim it was no longer about shoes. Straw man.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join