It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The first page is pretty much NOTHING BUT PEOPLE CELEBRATING.

Here is exactly what I said on page 1 addressing that specifically:

No, we are celebrating this person no longer being able to prey on another human being.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

OK I figured you may have used the wrong word but yes it is sad a life ended over shoes but you know what really gets me is that his father said he had the money to buy his own. His father gave him the money. So I am doubly wondering what was going through that kids mind for him to rob someone. Was it a game, greed, or maybe just plain stupidity. It could be something else altogether.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Those shoes were sold out. That what's makes this crazier.

edit - I just thought of something... if he had the money he could have made an offer.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Grimpachi

Those shoes were sold out. That what's makes this crazier.

edit - I just thought of something... if he had the money he could make an offer.

So is this plausible? That he was in the shoe store the same time the man was buying the shoes and he knew that and waited for him outside?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Not gonna sell something you just bought at retail tho.
But you are right, an offer could have been made
And typical it is said he didn't get in line soon enough so he might not have gone in.
edit on thSun, 28 Dec 2014 20:52:35 -0600America/Chicago1220143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
People work hard for what they have. I have a no tolerance policy for scum. Shoot them or nail them to a tree and skin them alive for all I care. We've become way to soft as a society in dealing with these types of people. Jail to them is a badge of honor and 3 meals and a cot to sleep in. Shooting this guy saved the tax payers a bunch of money. Take your sanctity of human life pacifist bs and shove it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What's this... the Islamic State of America???

Between the people willing to shoot kids over a pair of Nikes and some insane Wahhabi jihadists, I don't see much substancial difference. Actually I'm shocked that even the Sunni extremists would be more "merciful"... preferring to cut off limbs instead of killing people over a stolen good.

It's like: "You make the mistake of taking things without paying, we shoot you! Buy, or die." Helluva way to teach good manners to kids... wow.

Look... if you wanna start a war over the counter, that's YOUR disease. But keep in mind that comes around goes around, so, obviously, there will be people who'll retaliate on clerks and business managers over murdering their children.
edit on 28/12/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

OK I figured you may have used the wrong word but yes it is sad a life ended over shoes but you know what really gets me is that his father said he had the money to buy his own. His father gave him the money. So I am doubly wondering what was going through that kids mind for him to rob someone. Was it a game, greed, or maybe just plain stupidity. It could be something else altogether.

the mind boggles over that one.....he had the cash yet still chose to attempt to steal.....the need for those shoes must have been strong to risk his life and ultimately lose it.....it may have been the last pair but surely there were other avenues to get the shoes other than theft

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

the mind boggles over that one.....he had the cash yet still chose to attempt to steal.....the need for those shoes must have been strong to risk his life and ultimately lose it.....it may have been the last pair but surely there were other avenues to get the shoes other than theft

Just as there are WAY more avenues than MURDER as an answer to petty theft of worthless merchandise... which value, anyways, is already backed by the business's "skrinkage" budgeting.

Quit the insanity and come to your senses.
edit on 28/12/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
a reply to: Krakatoa

I love witnessing natural selecting in real-time.

Go Darwin!

Natural selection? How do you account for all the corruption in our government, corporate, and political system that seems to easily avoid natural selection?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

Go Darwin!

Natural selection? How do you account for all the corruption in our government, corporate, and political system that seems to easily avoid natural selection?

I used to believe "people" (if they aren't just ghouls from hell) like the one you're replying to can be reasoned with.

Used to...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And typical it is said he didn't get in line soon enough so he might not have gone in.

I dunno either, I'm making conjectures that if these stories are somewhat accurate then is it possible the kid picked out a target or two before they went into the shoe store and waited for them outside? I dunno.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Between the people willing to shoot kids over a pair of Nikes

I don't think the man he was trying to rob the shoes from was a kid, I'm pretty sure all articles I have seen it was a man with a CCW permit.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Of course if someone sticks a gun in your face the best idea is to always capitulate !!

That would make things super interesting at any given time everyday !!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

if you had read my posts on this thread you will see that is exactly what i have been saying the whole time...killing for materials is just as insane as stealing for them

Just as there are WAY more avenues than MURDER as an answer to petty theft of worthless merchandise... which value, anyways, is already backed by the business's "skrinkage" budgeting.

Quit the insanity and come to your senses.

have a look at my posts in this thread and you will see that i agree with you....
edit on 28-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Just as there are WAY more avenues than MURDER as an answer to petty theft of worthless merchandise...

Legal self-defense isn't "murder". Murder would be taking someone else's life illegally. And the person didn't shoot the kid because of shoes, the person shot him because the kid pointed a gun at him directly threatening his life. At that point in the altercation it was armed robbery, a violent felony. That's a basic human right, self-defense, and not only that, it's the most primitive instinct any creature on the face of the Earth has.. self-preservation.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

Go Darwin!

Origin of Species was a book about evolution of the species, not political philosophy. Absurd non sequitur.

edit on 28-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

We don't know it was pointed at him.

I know it doesn't change the crime but doesn't mean it can be said as fact

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We don't know it was pointed at him.

I know it doesn't change the crime but doesn't mean it can be said as fact

By the letter of the law it just as well was, brandishing is the same intent. If a person goes into a bank and hands them a note saying they have a gun it's still armed robbery and the threat to life is the same. Pointing it or lifting up a shirt to reveal it is no different under the law. It is still putting the same fear into the victim's mind that "if you don't give me "X" I will use this gun to shoot you."

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Did you not read the part where I said I know it doesn't change the crime?

The point is that it has not been said he pointed it at him, only that it was shown or 'made aware' that he had it.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join