It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you sir are a troll and no i will not feed you

No he is asking for a middle ground. What is the best solution here in this thread?

pretty sure he is a troll...go and have a look at what he said about the woman who stabbed her 8 kids in perth...he was joyfull to say the least.....

as far as middle ground goes i really wish i had the answers...materialism is out of control...we have so many blinded by need for stuff they do not need it leads to these kind of unfortunate incidents.....

if i had an answer i would throw it out there....all i know is we continue down the "eye for an eye" way of thinking society will implode and it will hurt us all

Instead of claiming my opinion is trolling, answer the question, I am nothing but honest with my posts, if you think I am troll because I couldnt care less about about a junkie who killed her kids (I called it) or a armed robber who was shot, again, I nail my colours to the mast, I am not a troll, I am honest to my feelings.

Now if that makes me disturbed in your eyes so be it, I told you already, I have never robbed, killed, or stolen, I teach kids sports and I give up my weekends to make sure kids dont drown, I am honest about everything I have posted and I don not apologise for my thoughts about this, I have put everything out there.

You, and none of you apologists have and yet I am the troll and the moderators are moderating me.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

as far as middle ground goes i really wish i had the answers...materialism is out of control...we have so many blinded by need for stuff they do not need it leads to these kind of unfortunate incidents..... if i had an answer i would throw it out there....all i know is we continue down the "eye for an eye" way of thinking society will implode and it will hurt us all

This is true, but global corporations are the driving force behind these agendas while the entertainment industry including mass media is the propaganda machine that controls the people.
this kid may have emulated his heros and it cost him his life.
after reading orangutoms post, looking at the bigger picture it all seems like a well oiled, tried and tested plan.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

thankyou for the reply and i apologise for my rude reply to you earlier....i am going to sleep on it and i will reply tomorrow when i have had time and to digest what you are saying

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by U4ns21 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

And obviously the criminal din't pay any attention to that "rule" either. It just absolutely makes the point that gun laws and rules only affect law abiding citizens in a negative way, criminals will continue to do exactly as they want regardless.

Yes, lets make a victim oriented society! Let's let the criminals have ALL the power!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

Under which law exactly? He could be asked to leave the mall, but be charged under some unknown law???

Ohio only makes it illegal to conceal carry on a property with a "no guns" sign.

R.C. 2923.126 (C)(3) ~ allows the owner or person in control of private land to post a sign in a conspicuous place that prohibits persons from carrying concealed firearms on that property.

Ohio Gun Laws - pdf

As an Ohio CCW carrier, I can tell you that unless that sign is in a VERY conspicuous site at the entrance to the parking lot, it only covers the building (mall) itself. Parking lots are usually not included.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i think you misunderstand ....no one is advocating the criminal should left to have their way...

That isn't true, IkNOwSTuff replied to me personally that the man with the shoes should have surrendered the shoes and just crossed his fingers and hope that the confrontation ended there without further problems.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

people applying for CCW permit have to go through training and such.

Maybe in other states it is different, but here in Indiana all I had to do was fill out the application, pay $75.00 for a lifetime permit, and submit to fingerprinting by state police.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I cant believe the attitude of most of the posts so far, it was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes!!!!
A teenager whos previous record consisted of stealing food, not violent crimes yet you would think hes some sort of mass murdering, child rapist cannibal, Im confident with the right guidance he could have been shown the error of his ways or rehabilitated.

You all agree its not worth dying over a pair of shoes yet you all seem to not only think its OK but revel in the fact you should kill for some, how you cannot see the complete lack of logic in this is beyond me.

I wonder if while this guy was drawing his gun, if the kid had of shot HIM dead if you would all be saying the same stuff?
"GO DARWIN"
"What idiot is prepared to die for a $200 pair of shoes"
"Why didnt he just hand them over then his wife and kids would still have a husband and father"

Somehow I dont think so

To an ignorant outsider like myself as well as many others on this site it almost seems like you guys just cant wait to get a chance to pop what you all consider a righteous cap in someones ass.

Sad story and how any of you can get any joy or a feeling of satisfaction out of this is beyond me.
You live in a sick twisted culture

WOW!

OK, let me correct that for you. It was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes AT GUNPOINT. That's ARMED robbery. That IS a violent crime. SMDH

And had this "kid" killed the guy while robbing him for his shoes, we would be saying NOTHING, because he would have gotten away, and nobody would have known who he was. It would have been a blip on the news, and that's it. It's only newsworthy now to people who are celebrating criminals.

He would have eventually found the error of his ways huh? Yeah, I doubt that. He was moved from Columbus to Middletown, to attempt just that, yet he had already racked up robbery charges there too. Seriously, SMDH.

He didn't kill the kid over shoes, he killed the kid over having a gun drawn on him and fearing for his life. All things the CCW permit was invented for. Quit trying to change the narrative.

No, we don't wait for the opportunity to kill someone, as a CCW holder I pray daily that I DON'T have to do that. But if someone draws on me and threatens my life, THEY made that choice, and I am prepared to defend mine. The shoes were irrelevant, the armed robbery is the whole point of this story.

Nobody is celebrating the kids death, we are in fact, celebrating that the victim lived. BIG DIFFERENCE.

edit on 28-12-2014 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: U4ns21I encourage every poster advocating for the criminal, who say that you should give up your things (LIVE ON YOUR KNEES) rather than fight back and possibly kill:
Post your address online.Post that you won't defend yourself or what's yours. Record the results.

That's silly. You're not "on your knees" if you refuse to kill somebody that merely wants to take away stuff from you.

In civilised countries you don't even HAVE a gun to begin with. In civilised countries we have the Police to deal with criminals. And in civilised countries even the Police don't like using their guns much and try to avoid it. Shooting is for dummies.

So, yes, the proper thing to do when you see a robber coming is to try to get away and get to the nearest police station (or dial the emergency number). If that can't be done, say you're at gunpoint, you simply hand over the goods. That's intelligent behaviour which in most cases will save your life, may allow you to testify against the criminal once caught and help finding him by giving a proper description.

The more (legal) weapons there are in a society, the bigger the chance that these weapons will kill. Either by being used by untrained people (children whom shoot their mother, stuff like that) or by being nicked by criminals and used against the population.

So, in short: don't ask for a weapon. It might go off and kill somebody. You may end up on your knees with a gun in your neck.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I don't recall ever calling anybody on this site a coward. Obtuse, dense, ignorant, yes I have called people those. So yea, if you could not try and put words in my mouth, that would be great.

You can "lyfao" all you want bub. Armed robbery is armed robbery. Not my definition, it's a legal definition. I don't know of a single court that makes any kind of distinction between displaying, brandishing, or pointing a gun during the commission of a robbery. I haven't lived in every state so perhaps there's one I'm not aware of, but I doubt it.

If you threaten somebody with a gun, one should probably be ready for the response also containing a gun.

Oh and yea, if all you care about is people "rejoicing" then why are you bothering to try and argue legalities?
edit on 28-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ns21

Inside every human being is the most basic instinct: self defense. It doesn't matter what it might be over, be it food or material possessions - if someone or something is threatening your life, you'll defend yourself. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

It's not just humans, animals and all other creatures. I said in the first few pages that the most primitive instinct we or animals have is that of self-preservation.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Under which law exactly? He could be asked to leave the mall, but be charged under some unknown law???

Ohio only makes it illegal to conceal carry on a property with a "no guns" sign.

R.C. 2923.126 (C)(3) ~ allows the owner or person in control of private land to post a sign in a conspicuous place that prohibits persons from carrying concealed firearms on that property.

Ohio Gun Laws - pdf

As an Ohio CCW carrier, I can tell you that unless that sign is in a VERY conspicuous site at the entrance to the parking lot, it only covers the building (mall) itself. Parking lots are usually not included.

Good news Poncho! I think your state legislature and governor has made it entirely legal to be in the parking lot of an establishment that has a no-gun policy when carrying concealed.

I posted about it about 16 pages ago or so but you might want to check out Google. The law was passed and sent to the governor on the 16th of December I think. Some changes, and some clarifications to existing law. Looked like a good solid bill to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Ohio Gun Laws - pdf

Correct, and even then it works like a "no trespassing" sign, the person must be told to leave and refuse.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

OK, let me correct that for you. It was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes AT GUNPOINT. That's ARMED robbery. That IS a violent crime. SMDH

We've pointed that out several times to that member, it's apparently of no consequence to their critical thinking. They said it's just "petty crime".

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This title is misleading. I live in Ohio. This man did not shoot the guy for a pair of shoes. He shot the guy because he was in fear of his and his friends life. He had a gun pointed at him and the criminal was with 2 friends. Disparity of force and a threat of grave bodily injury and death of his friend and self is why he defended himself.

Change the title.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

In civilised countries we have the Police to deal with criminals.

Umm, police RESPOND to crimes that have already been committed, police for the most part do not PREVENT crimes from taking place.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ohio Gun Laws - pdf

Good news Poncho! I think your state legislature and governor has made it entirely legal to be in the parking lot of an establishment that has a no-gun policy when carrying concealed.

I posted about it about 16 pages ago or so but you might want to check out Google. The law was passed and sent to the governor on the 16th of December I think. Some changes, and some clarifications to existing law. Looked like a good solid bill to me.

Yep! Thank God we have a Governor now that has a brain, and uses it.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join