It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TechUnique

I want to see "the gun" to see if its a "replica" firearm or BB gun. It would feed more to a "throw down" scenario and support witness "statements" that he wasn't in fact "armed", except postmortem.

There is no distinction when it comes to defending ones self.

Secondly even a bb gun (.177) is considered a firearm under Missouri law.

Third a gun was present.

There are now 3 videos released showing the incident.

I never get bored with your ignorant comments that showcase your lack of knowledge on this topic and your ever present attempts to blame the police / government while completely ignoring the facts and the crime.

Like pulling a handgun and pointing it at the police. In Missouri you have to be 21 to possess a handgun.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Watching your links and the only racism I see coming out, is from the people who organized this protest.......

Wht are they protesting exactly? Another gangbanger that got shot for pulling a gun?

Insulting cops and their families?

Talking about how they are going to shut things down and how racist cops are, all while yelling racist crap from behind bandannas?

Do NONE of these people realize how stupid and hypocritical this is?

now they are talking about how thug "nwords" they are.....

This whole thing is a prime example that the police arent the problem, the people and culture they are perpetuating is
edit on 12/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Let nature take it's course. I'll watch the ignorant fall in the final solution. Right will prevail soon. Both sides are going to get a dose of reality. It's always darkest before the dawn. This is my hope. There really is only so much normal people are going to take.

Do you protect yourself from bears when hunting? We are the power. We just haven't woken up yet.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

While other vocal protestors are still dreaming apparently..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It doesn't matter if the dead MAN was black or white or asian or purple with green polka dots. The fact is that he pointed a gun at a cop. That's just asking to be shot. The idiots out rioting are just looking for any made up excuse to be destructive.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Amen brother, preach it to the choir.

This stuff is about to die out from over exposure anyway but that won't stop Al Sharpton and Obama's community organizing from twisting the dagger.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
US police needs much more training and body armor to be able to handle situations and not be so much trigger happy.

Although when someone is pointing a gun at you then it is "one" shot that can kill and this is what happened in this case. Police fired 3 shots and 1 connected and killed.

Police with much higher level body armor would be much more protected and thus not resort to firing that easy.

Also a national law should be made and advertised in prime time that if you have a gun then please do not point it at any police officer or law enforcement personnel. Consequences and reactions can be very lethal.

Mere pointing a gun at a police officer should become a felony crime (if it is not already).

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
US police needs much more training and body armor to be able to handle situations and not be so much trigger happy.

Although when someone is pointing a gun at you then it is "one" shot that can kill and this is what happened in this case. Police fired 3 shots and 1 connected and killed.

Police with much higher level body armor would be much more protected and thus not resort to firing that easy.

Also a national law should be made and advertised in prime time that if you have a gun then please do not point it at any police officer or law enforcement personnel. Consequences and reactions can be very lethal.

Mere pointing a gun at a police officer should become a felony crime (if it is not already).

It is a felony....considering in Missouri (in this case especially) you cannot legally own a handgun until you are 21 years old. This MAN was 18, old enough to vote and be considered an adult, but not to possess that weapon. As for advertising this "don't point a gun at a cop" nonsense....please. How about DON'T POINT A GUN AT ANYONE. Hmm? How about that? Sounds to me like you are merely apologizing for this less than law abiding citizen IMO. And, until we stop doing that, stupid people will do stupid things.

As Ron White so eloquently says, "You can't fix stupid".

ETA:

And as Jim Carey's character as the lawyer in the movie Liar Liar, "STOP BREAKING THE LAW..........ASSHOLE!"

edit on 12/25/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/2014 by Krakatoa because: added clarifications

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Correct, DO NOT POINT GUN AT ANYONE..........'cause that would be equivalent to a threat like "i will kill you" and in the event other party is also armed it can result in a firefight.

Why do not people understand and even from recent incidents that mere acting aggressive even when unarmed, with a police officer can get you shot at.

There was another incident where the guy with a knife (not even aggressive mode and at a safe distance) was shot dozen times by 2 police officers and killed on the spot.

Now that's where more training and body protection will come handy. Shooting and killing a person does solve the immediate issue or threat but it also gives rise to riots and tensions across the whole region or even country and that hurts the society as a whole.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
And the Movies and TV shows promoting drug use in general not just drug gangs for example a lot of Seth Rogan movies promote pot, coc aine, ecstasy use including the latest "The Interview" (a reply to: pteridine

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique A big part of the problem is the glorification of the "gangsta" lifestyle by those who promote cRap "music" and make bad movies about drug gangs. The culture is poisonous and youth are pressured in school not to show intelligence as then they become "too white."

No one wants to address the real problem.........

The glorification of crime......

The exultation of the "gangsta"

the degradation of personal responsibility and respect for other people......

The crimes perpetrated on each other in these black communities.........

This stuff happens and people run around calling for more killings and destroying each other properties.......

yeah its the fault of the "police"

Poverty probably more so as a "real problem".

And that goes beyond race.

Yet in a week in Chicago alone, you might have 4 shootings, yes it doesn't involve the police, but where is the concern about that?

Honestly I dont think people understand it or know what to do about it, can't exactly have a protest and put police on a pedestal, so it goes largely uncared for, and yet it is absolutely just as valid as the concern over police violence.

If people really cared, they'd address a much more base level situation where deaths are occurring in far greater numbers. And since it doesn't involve police, there actually could be headway made rather than potentially banging your head against a wall.

Pick your battles, and one is, or should be easier than the other.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Yes pointing it at anyone without cause is a felony.

Law Enforcement usually stick with lvl 2 body armor. Swat usually has the higher, full body armor. The problem with body armor is they are -

* - bullet resistant and not proof.
* - each lvl protects against different types of ammunition.
* - Offers little to no protection against bladed weapons.
* - can fail as it is man made.

Law Enforcement, just like in any police agency around the world, is literally an on the job training profession. No amount of training (my academy was almost a year long) can truly simulate a real world encounter. As you and others can see a situation can go from stable to shots fired in a matter of seconds.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The guy committed "Suicide by Cop" a well known thing where they figure the family will get a bunch of money from the city.

I'm sure the guy had turned his life around and was getting ready for college and he was only trying to take care of his family like he had done since he was 4.

Or he was just a stupid thug.

Upon further reading he was a kid who could bring a smile out of anyone probably because he already had 3 weapons related charges and a couple of other things to make you smile!!
edit on 25-12-2014 by mikell because: Just

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique A big part of the problem is the glorification of the "gangsta" lifestyle by those who promote cRap "music" and make bad movies about drug gangs. The culture is poisonous and youth are pressured in school not to show intelligence as then they become "too white."

No one wants to address the real problem.........

The glorification of crime......

The exultation of the "gangsta"

the degradation of personal responsibility and respect for other people......

The crimes perpetrated on each other in these black communities.........

This stuff happens and people run around calling for more killings and destroying each other properties.......

yeah its the fault of the "police"

So right. You can't even engage these people in a factual conversation ẃîthout being called a racist . A word by the way that is so overused añd abused by mostly blacks in orðer to justify théir behaviôur tĥat it's quickly losing its potency. A lot of these protesters rely on the polîce to protect them ẃhén théy feel threatened and yet despîte thîs, were throwing rôcks at these same polīce chanting kill the pigs.What do these people expect a cop to do when a gun is pointēd at thém.I knew already about how the 16-35 year old black male demographic only mkes úp 3.5% of the population yét commits 56% of all murders,but what i dîdnt know was that they also commit 42% ôf all the cóp killings. How can ýôu blame them for being nervous out there? especially whēn your perp îsnt complyīng wîth commands.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

What do these people expect a cop to do when a gun is pointēd at thém.

Hogwash!! Police needs to shoot at hands, legs or other neutral areas first if they decide to shoot. If they have been shot at already then it should be a "no hold barred" type of response. Many videos have shown that police offloaded just easy all across the board and kept on firing even when weapon was off the hand and victim on the ground.

High(est) Level Body Armor plus more training for police will save lives on both the sides.

Training the population is also needed via mass media etc. It would not hurt to let common people know that many a things/acts that they do are infact a "crime" in the books of law. It will not solve the "gangsta" problems but common civilian people would be better informed on how to act when confronted by a law enforcement officer.

For this high stress job, if they can make it "smoother, calmer and easier" for the officer, then they will be immediately appreciated with gentle demeanor in response.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What I don't understand with all these blacks rioting in America over criminals being shot dead by the police, is since when was it an appropriate and sensible thing to do?

When did it become OK to go absolutely bat sh** crazy over something that isn't directly related to you?
I guarantee you that the 99% of those rioting, if not a little more, never knew any of those shot dead by the police.
I guarantee you that it's just an excuse to run a mock.

Sorry, but there's no justification for what they are doing. Rioting and looting?

So setting buildings on fire is an acceptable response to a crime and police response?

Looting businesses is an acceptable response?

Person A breaks the law, person A agitates the police, person A gives the police cause to feel threatened and causes them to feel their lives are in danger. Police respond to protect their lives, and the lives of others, as they are trained to do.

So peoples response is to go and riot and loot? WTF.

How many black cops or latino cops deal with criminals who are white?
Should white people take offense and start rioting?

Wasn't the whole point of the black civil rights movement for blacks, whites etc to all live equally in society with no segregation amongst "colours" ???

Basically now everytime a criminal who is black is dealt with by police, they'll go and riot and loot.

That's the exact OPPOSITE of what their forefathers, of what black community leaders, were fighting for is it not?

If it were black cops who shot those black criminals dead, would all those black people be rioting and looting ???

I'd say there's a 99.99% chance they wouldn't even give a crap, and the shootings wouldn't have even made world wide news headlines.

I wonder the next time a cop who isn't white, shoots a white person, or physically restrains a white person, if white people protest, what the response will be? Will it even get media coverage? Will it get beaten up by the media?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Details remain unclear with conflicting stories of whether the young man was armed.

if one cop says something and 100 eye witnesses say something else then both the judge and the media runs with what the cop say and no i didn't see any gun in the three videos i watched on the incident and i also know that cops can plant guns or drugs on people, they do it all the time.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Let's play, The excessive force game! I'll post a video where a police officer is completely wrong. I'll also post the story where he didn't get fired or go to jail. Then you post one.

He had a knife.

www.sfexaminer.com...

Justified? Where's the non-lethal taser at? It wasn't like he was going to run away. A cowardly asshole who watch too many movies shot him.

Here's another knife wielder. The dog's life was obviously more important than the criminal. I ask the same question as above. Where was the non-lethal force? Where was the tasers at? 47 bullets is called over KILL.

Don't act like police don't do wrong. I'm not saying all police are but the one's who are don't get the same justice as I would. They usually don't get no charge. That's what is coming to a head in this nation.

Sorry, your turn. I did two by mistake.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Your idea of shooting exists in Hollywood. Not reality.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As you and others can see a situation can go from stable to shots fired in a matter of seconds.

You see anything that the states tells you to see so please show me any zoomed in picture thats shows a gun in his hand because I say that you are seeing things.

Why don't we have CCTV from the cop car and why was the cops personal camera not running or will you just take as read the excuse they are telling you.

link   
Sorry for the double negative. It's the eggnog.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join