It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Police in Berkeley, MO have shot and killed another Black teenager, 18 year old Antonio Martin. Details remain unclear with conflicting stories of whether the young man was armed. As always, the police version is that he was armed, but witnesses are disputing this account.

Angry residents along with Martin’s friends and family members were at the scene of the police killing within moments. Activist from nearby Ferguson rushed to scene as well where fighting between police and the crowds broke out. Several arrests are being reported.

BREAK ING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

More already?! On Christmas Eve? Seriously guys I know I said it yesterday in my thread but I have a really bad feeling about this. Stay safe..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I heard they secured "a firearm". Let us see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I heard they secured "a firearm". Let us see it.

Whether he was armed or not, this is at boiling point. I don't even live over there and I can feel it bubbling away like crazy. This is an insane way to go into the new year. Do you honestly see this getting better for next year? By the looks of it, its only getting worse and ramping up.

By it, I mean the clash and divide between the police and people. All this media coverage about the militarised police recently.. everything added up just doesn't paint a good picture in my head. Right near Christmas and New years as well.. as if emotions aren't already running rampant enough.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I've got a very bad feeling about all this!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique According to his Mom he was a good young man trying to get his life together after a few misunderstood armed robberies and such. He didn't have a gun, of course, and was just another innocent victim who happened to be there when someone called the police about a larceny.

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

hoping to get their last minute Christmas looting done.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a long and deadly year.

Hope I'm wrong!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a long and deadly year.

Hope I'm wrong!

It's going to be bad both in the USA and in the UK. Just bad all around the world really. I've always had a feeling that it would be around 2014-2015 that stuff really ramped up. Look at the year we just had, its been crazy.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I want to see "the gun" to see if its a "replica" firearm or BB gun. It would feed more to a "throw down" scenario and support witness "statements" that he wasn't in fact "armed", except postmortem.

edit on 24-12-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique A big part of the problem is the glorification of the "gangsta" lifestyle by those who promote cRap "music" and make bad movies about drug gangs. The culture is poisonous and youth are pressured in school not to show intelligence as then they become "too white."

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I want to see "the gun"to see if its a "replica" firearm or BB gun. It would feed more to a "throw down' scenario and support witness" statements" that he wasn't in fact "armed", except post mortem.

Did you see that story about NYPD claiming that criminals are painting real firearms to look like toy guns? Maybe its true in some cases but the article was fishy as hell.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique According to his Mom he was a good young man trying to get his life together after a few misunderstood armed robberies and such. He didn't have a gun, of course, and was just another innocent victim who happened to be there when someone called the police about a larceny.

So true.......

More clashes huh? Black teen shot when he pulled a gun on a police officer, and thats causing MORE riots?

Just another example of how disingenuous these protests are......

They arent protesting for whats right, they are using it as an excuse to get VIOLENT......

See this for what it is people.......

If this were all in the name of truth then people wouldnt be up in arms about this.......

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Do you remember the thread where the NYPD was caught smuggling firearms and some of those were "replicas"? its here somewhere. I postulated those replicas were vetted to be used as a "throw down" in car of accidental shooting to blame the victim for having a gun. They use replicas because they are inoperable but look exactly like the real thing.

Lead balloon status. Waiting for the flame out.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
6 page thread on this has been up for awhile..
Has video and pics

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: TechUnique A big part of the problem is the glorification of the "gangsta" lifestyle by those who promote cRap "music" and make bad movies about drug gangs. The culture is poisonous and youth are pressured in school not to show intelligence as then they become "too white."

No one wants to address the real problem.........

The glorification of crime......

The exultation of the "gangsta"

the degradation of personal responsibility and respect for other people......

The crimes perpetrated on each other in these black communities.........

This stuff happens and people run around calling for more killings and destroying each other properties.......

yeah its the fault of the "police"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I saw a video on another thread of someone (victim possibly) pulling a gun or what looked liked one. It really wont matter whether he had a gun or not. The blacklifesmatter people will always make excuses for the victims. Even though most of the guys like brown, rice, garner, and this guy where either inciting conflict or resisting.

It is as if we all should feel sorry for these guys. They break the law and pay the price but it's everyone else fault.

I do agree police un fairly profile blacks and I could see that causing frustration. That certainly needs to change. I also think that when involved with LEO blacks need to handle themselves better. They need to channel their anger in other ways. CHesting up to a LEO is a lose-lose. Assualting a cop (brown), resisting arrest (garner), Pointing a gun, etc all will lead to more death.

Laslty with cops getting killed in retribution I dare say cops are going to be even more trigger happy then before.

Let the SHapton, Holder, Obama, circus begin yet again.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As Opeth said, there's already a good sized thread on this incident going. Pictures, video, commentary, witticisms, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

here's the video

stlouis.cbslocal.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

No one wants to address the real problem.........

The glorification of crime......

The exultation of the "gangsta"

the degradation of personal responsibility and respect for other people......

The crimes perpetrated on each other in these black communities.........

This stuff happens and people run around calling for more killings and destroying each other properties.......

yeah its the fault of the "police"

Very true! Considering a mojority of young black men learn their values on the street and not in the home things will only get worse. It's easier to make excuses for their plight then to take responsibility and make positive changes.

On a side note I personally think many blacks thought when Obama was elected that their lives would change for the better. 6 years later many are finding they are worse off. Im sure this add's to the anger and frustration these young men have towards the system and society as a whole.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Others hate me. They say I deserved it. Other people, I can hear them mocking me for when I called for an end to the destruction, like I'm a fool for believing in peace

Rodney King

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't have links because I'm on the road right now, but they have video showing the teen raise a firearm.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Bovah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join