It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
6 page thread on this has been up for awhile..
Has video and pics

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My bad, I did search. Up to the mods whether it should be closed or whether it warrants another thread or not. I'm guessing probably closed although this is another source for it and there's already been a fair bit of discussion.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
stop calling f#cking 18 year olds teens news. it invokes images of a 13 year old not an adult.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

I've seen it. The long shot that cuts off just as the "suspect" raises his arm? I can't see a gun, for all I know he pointed a finger at the cop and said FU, another kind of death warrant.

If there is further store video cam showing more of what occurred than we have seen already I am open to it.

Otherwise it seems they edit the footage "for humanitarian reasons" but just covering up what really happened.

Seems heres no police cruiser cam either?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
stop calling f#cking 18 year olds teens news. it invokes images of a 13 year old not an adult.

Eight"teen" is still teen. Lots of grown men are childlike in their inability to control their emotions.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Eight"teen" is still teen. Lots of grown men are childlike in their inability to control their emotions.

Exactly!! I still acted like a teen was I was 20. Some people never stop, but 18 is a teen no-one can argue that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

18 is still legally an adult. Lots of 40 year olds can't control their emotions. They're still legally adults.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Doesnt matter........the clear objective here is the same tactic used with the Mike Brown case to make him seem like a poor black kid that got killed by a monster policeman........

Even a grade schooler knows its wrong to pull a gun on someone..........

Next excuse.............

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Because it's been said that the teen fired first...

Why not just show that part of the video instead of stopping the footage...?

We'd see the muzzle flash & this would all be done & dusted.

I think he was armed, but I still wonder about that question & one other...

What happened to the dash board camera?

He was about 3 feet from the front of the the vehicle...
It'd be pretty clear cut evidence to shut down speculation & help to avoid an uprising of this.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I just want to know, at what point does someone become accountable for their own actions?
18 gets a pass because they are a teen still.. Im sure that will comfort the families and victims of anyone ever impacted by a teenager.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

PD has already said dashcams are activated by the lights getting turned on, which is pretty normal. Some departments run dashcam 24/7, others only do it when in code. Depends on the cam system.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's a shame really...

Thanks for the info pal.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique According to his Mom he was a good young man trying to get his life together after a few misunderstood armed robberies and such. He didn't have a gun, of course, and was just another innocent victim who happened to be there when someone called the police about a larceny.

Did she also say he was college bound? You have to have above average intelligence to point a gun a gun at a cop, especially in St. Louis where tension are already high. Anyhow, mothers of thugs provide the best damage control.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I just want to know, at what point does someone become accountable for their own actions?
18 gets a pass because they are a teen still.. Im sure that will comfort the families and victims of anyone ever impacted by a teenager.

Can people drink at 18 in the US? If they aren't allowed to drink or buy alcohol but they can be charged as adults, surely something is twisted there.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Can people drink at 18 in the US? If they aren't allowed to drink or buy alcohol but they can be charged as adults, surely something is twisted there.

Different States, different drinking/smoking ages.

But I think everybody can vote at 18.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

No, but they can join the military, get a credit card, rent a car (in some places), get their own place, have their own bills, have a full time job. Using the ability to legally purchase and consume alcohol as one's measuring stick for adulthood is absurd.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

21 is the legal drinking age in the US, for me personally though I don't see that as being a benchmark on being responsible.

If people are going to make the argument that as an 18 year old you shouldn't be responsible for your actions because you are so young then multiply that by a billion if you lowered the drinking age. You would have more selfish , idiotic , drunk-high-txting teenagers on the road who would be able to say" oh hey im only 18 , i should get a pass even though I just slammed into another car and killed 3 people"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

not only that, you can join the service and go die for your country at 17 with your parents signature but not drink a beer or buy cigarettes in some states.

your old enough to die for your country your old enough to partake of it's vices if you want, that includes smoking and drinking.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

hoping to get their last minute Christmas looting done.

Well welcome to it.

We've reached a final form of corporatism where the wealth is owned by a small number of people.

We're long past the ideals of capitalism of wealth creation and homesteading. Any attempt now becomes looting and trespassing, counter fitting, insider trading, freeloading. etc. and so on.

The equity train left long ago and funds for education are spent on suppression while those who are at the reigns of society sleep and pretend that all is well, maybe they too don't know the monstrosity of the worm that commands their wealth.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the clear objective here is the same tactic used with the Mike Brown case to make him seem like a poor black kid that got killed by a monster policeman……..

Mike Brown didn't do anything to the officer. Haven't you heard? Witness #40 lied her ass off, twice.

A monster didn't kill him, an officer of the "law" did.

Not excusing that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

18 is still legally an adult. Lots of 40 year olds can't control their emotions. They're still legally adults.
Except "Peace" Officers should know the difference and be trained to control their pride.

Unlike many of the criminals they face, insults are not an excuse to go ballistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join