It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: intrptr

yes, because you think that "proof" and "evidence" are things that only "count" if they're shown to you in a court. and that anything that doesn't go to court doesn't "count." so now, for whatever reason, you're trying to use a definition of a word as your argument for things.

goalposts = moved again.

except when the proof in court doesnt add up to his narrative.......

he discounted the evidence in the Brown case and the testimonies they used to decide not to charge Wilson.......

So there doesnt seem to be any objectivit here

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: TechUnique

well it's not legal for an 18 year old adult to drink, so your argument is kind of invalid. an 18 year old can do anything a 40 year old can do that's legal. it is legal for a 40 year old to drink. it is NOT legal for an 18 year old adult to drink. so...an 18 year old can already do anything a 40 year old can do that is legal for them to do.

Lol I think you get my point. You're just being nit picky now.

I was lol. Busted. I know what you meant.

Well played sir, well played

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique According to his Mom he was a good young man and was just another innocent victim who happened to be there when someone called the police about a larceny.

This seems to be the case very often. I'm starting to think it isn't a coincidence.

I hope the sh*t doesn't hit the fan with this shooting. Let's all hope 2015 is a better time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: TechUnique

hoping to get their last minute Christmas looting done.

They must fill their stockings with sneakers and fridges with Budweisers.

Suppose everyone is trusting the family that rushed to the scene of their criminal thuglife prodigy.

Sooner or later people are going to lose interest in all this media hyped crime and the ratings won't hold. People don't want to see this crap during Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
LOL.

'Last minute looting'.

Hilarious.

On topic.

Anyone who pulls a gun on a cop is a moron, and deserves the darwin award.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

In his morning news conference, Chief Belmar said a crowd of 200 to 300 people gathered near the gas station after the shooting. While many protesters were peaceful, one officer was hit with a brick and another was injured trying to flee from a series of three explosions of what appeared to be improvised fireworks that were set off during the protest. Four arrests were made for assaults on police, he added.

www.wsj.com...

Those MORONS setting off fireworks AT A GAS STATION.

Are ESPECIALLY STUPID.

They DESERve DARWIN AWARDS too.

Geezus that could have killed everyone there.

Cop, and protestor alike.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This guy drew on a cop! It is clear as day in this video.

This man killed himself! It was a clear case of police assisted suicide.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I've only ever seen a gas station blow up in the movies! I have seen some pump fires, but since only the fumes burn no massive Hollywood style explosions.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

I've only ever seen a gas station blow up in the movies! I have seen some pump fires, but since only the fumes burn no massive Hollywood style explosions.

Gas vapor.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have burnt plenty gas in my day. I have singed my hair and eyebrows more than a few times.

Explosions that would have killed everyone there is Hollywood stuff! Chunking a flash bang near a gas pump is not a good idea but its not going to take out the block either. Its unlikely but had the pump been damaged then those in the immediate vicinity, especially those on the ground would have been endangered.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Stay tuned for more mindless Looting & vandalism by a bunch of irrational, self entitled imbeciles. And the robotic herds follow on. ~$heopleNation
edit on 24-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't get how the same people that talk about the only reason race gets brought up is to continue the divide and that we should all look past that, are the same ones that then post things that do nothing but divide us as people....

People don't trust the police and some think they have good reason, for the sake of argument I'll include brown as a justified shooting, but it seems only two of the more recent shootings can really be seen as justified.
So yes people are going to see this and anger is going to get respraked.

Ya'll are just hoping and praying for looting so you can look down on the people and berate them....

Kinda sad IMO.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

A youtube search for police shooting will show hundreds of video that would turn your stomach. Clearly we have officers walking our streets who will shoot to kill, harass, arrest on false charges like its nothing. We need reform and I think all officers should be required to wear body cameras and face especially harsh penalties for abuse of power.

That said if you draw on a cop should expect to be shot dead!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

That was a reasonable response. Nobody wants to see anymore abuse of power, just as nobody should want to see anymore violence or looting.

The media also plays their role of inflammation as well. It's sickening. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I don't get how the same people that talk about the only reason race gets brought up is to continue the divide and that we should all look past that, are the same ones that then post things that do nothing but divide us as people....

People don't trust the police and some think they have good reason, for the sake of argument I'll include brown as a justified shooting, but it seems only two of the more recent shootings can really be seen as justified.
So yes people are going to see this and anger is going to get respraked.

Ya'll are just hoping and praying for looting so you can look down on the people and berate them....

Kinda sad IMO.

Where not hoping and praying for that, why would we want that?

I havent seen anyone say they want that.........the title clearly says Clashes with police.......over someone who drew on a police officer....

IMHO this case and the brown case seem to be justified........

The one in NY was absolutely NOT justified IMO and that department needs to be taken to task for it, and that officer needs to be charged.........

But do i think any of these are becuse they were black? NOPE

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But do i think any of these are because they were black? NOPE

And that is your opinion, but I don't see why the idea can't be brought up.
Racism clearly exist, we all want to talk about it when it is a black person doing something to a white person.
No such thing as race baiting there.
But when the tables are turned, if you even mention the possibility everyone gets their panties in a bunch.
Just seems odd.

I don't being black is the sole motivation in the cases, but I don't think it helps.

And before you bring up Al and Jesse I agree they don't help one bit and my post has nothing to do with them so.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Kinda sad IMO.

What's not kinda sad but straight up sad is you assuming that anyone on here would hope to see looting or burning. I'm sure most of us here have been hoping to see the end of all this crap and get on with life.

What is also straight up sad is that we can all expect to see looting and burning - and the fireworks thing is no surprise. Seems like the predictability of stupidity prevails.

Racism exists in what sense here? A thug points a gun at a cop, another thug attacks a cop, the other thug had the cops called on him by local shop owners he annoyed then resisted arrest. Where's the racism? Was the n word thrown around or do people need to start being held accountable for their own actions and excuses need to stop being made?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Racism exists in what sense here?

I was talking general.
Not saying this was racial motivated, but that doesn't mean we need to throw hissy fits when it is brought up.
Cause it is around and the only way we can fix it is to actually talk about it with out getting called a race baiter.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I just read through the thread and it seems you're the only person who's brought up race.

What's your take on it though? Was this kid being black what made him point a gun at a cop?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It doesn't matter if the dead MAN was black or white or asian or purple with green polka dots. The fact is that he pointed a gun at a cop. That's just asking to be shot. The idiots out rioting are just looking for any made up excuse to be destructive.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join