It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Third a gun was present.

There are now 3 videos released showing the incident.

I never get bored with your ignorant comments that showcase your lack of knowledge

Insult him all you like but the facts remain that the vids don't show a gun in his hand because the quality it too poor and you need to stop pushing the state line on everything the USA does wrong "while completely ignoring the facts." and you can start by switching over from CNN and watching news from Europe now and then.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

A person armed with a knife is a deadly force encounter - wheel chair or not. Tasers are not usually used for a deadly force encounter unless there is an officer present who can deploy deadly force should a taser fail and only then if departmental policy allows it.

Drop the knife..

next

edit on 25-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

There are 3 videos released of the incident.
A weapon was present.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Try to insult me all you want but the fact remains I do law enforcement in the state of Missouri and know more about how our laws work than you do.

What else you got?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

you can start by switching over from CNN and watching news from Europe now and then.

yea right like the news from Europe is any less biased or slanted than the U.S.. you haven't learned that yet from being here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Drop the knife..

yes and in the mean time police takes 3 steps back and tell the person that if he does not drop the knife in 1-2-3 count he will be shot at..................even then you shoot at neutral body areas. Not off load your magazine into him.

what is wrong with US police training? is that why US is pouring in 10s of billions each year in the drug war since 1980s and problem is only higher in magnitude than say 10 or 20 years ago.

sometimes i wonder that the policy makers really do not want to overcome the problems as pouring more money into them is good for the economy and printing shops for dollars.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Again, your concept of shooting exists in Hollywood and not reality. Repeating it over and over doesn't change that.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Drop the knife..

yes and in the mean time police takes 3 steps back and tell the person that if he does not drop the knife in 1-2-3 count he will be shot at..................even then you shoot at neutral body areas. Not off load your magazine into him.

what is wrong with US police training?

Because they train for reality, not Hollywood "reality" which is what you are spouting on about. How many times have you personally witnessed a gun fight??? I am not proud of that aspect of my early life, but I witnessed my fair share, first-hand, and have seen friends die in front of me. Every single one of them, as described by an earlier poster went from words to dead in less than 30 seconds. In that short span of time, there is no thinking "I have to aim at an extremity, so I don't kill this person who is trying to kill me right now. Let me raise my pistol and only aim there". (even reading that sentence is actually longer than the span of time we are talking about here). I really think you need to disconnect from the Hollywood version of reality dude, it has poisoned your mind into thinking irrationally here in the real world.

BTW, I honestly hope you never have to be in a position to make that type of life-or-death decision in less than 30 seconds. Because, after that decision, you then have an entire life to look back at it in slow motion, over-and-over again in your mind. It will NEVER leave you, ever. You will still have bad dreams about it even 40 years later.

Trust me....and I was never the one to pull the trigger, I only witnessed it like the suspects friend in this case. It was this reason I decided to leave that life and make more intelligent decisions before I became that person.

I'm done with this conversation, it is bringing back too many bad memories and is not worth losing sleep over someone like that....or arguing with an uninformed person such as yourself.

G-Nite....

edit on 12/25/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

even then you shoot at neutral body areas. Not off load your magazine into him.

it's obvious that you have never had firearms training. you always aim for center mass. and fire as many shots as necessary to stop the threat.

winging someone is not always gonna stop them. sometimes, more often than you think people keep on coming.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

even then you shoot at neutral body areas. Not off load your magazine into him.

it's obvious that you have never had firearms training. you always aim for center mass. and fire as many shots as necessary to stop the threat.

winging someone is not always gonna stop them. sometimes, more often than you think people keep on coming.

That is the basis of all the problems and killings going on. My version is not hollywood either. I am not going to discuss any more.

However, if this trend keeps going on then be ready for more reprisal shootings from both the sides. God forbid, if US streets become like Palestine. Whatever goes in US soon catches to the rest of the world. Violent futures ahead around the globe? Very strongly hope not!!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

your version is fantasy, you can not guarantee a shot will hit it's mark even aiming a center mass, which is the torso the biggest part of the body, people move, you move. that's why you aim there. aiming at arms, legs which are at least two times smaller is just inviting missed shots and more of a chance that a stray bullet winds up some where else, and the threat gets to you or shoots you.

yes it is hollywood, it's not real life. you do realize people that hit those small targets and do trick shooting spend hours firing at those targets.

edit on 25-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hollywood: shoot the gun out of subject's hand, tackle him, say something cool while handcuffing him, go drink, meet a girl.

Reality: a) try to shoot subject's hand, miss, die b) shoot center mass, subject stops attacking, do mountains of paperwork, be interviewed, go home eventually

Sorry bub, that's the difference.

Eta: also, there's an entire Supreme Court decision that centers on the legality of requiring officers to "shoot to wound." As in, according to that ruling, such a requirement would not be valid from a legal standpoint. See Graham v. Connor if you care to learn more.
edit on 25-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

the same has been said about every year on these forums....

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

This might clear some misconceptions up.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Have you seen the gif here? From this thread

originally posted by: xuenchen
This gif might be clear?

This seems to be a lot clearer and looks like it might be from another camera/different angle than what we've seen so far?
edit on 12/26/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Christmas eve and these so called officers of the law are once again wielding there atrocity sabre. Cant these Police scum not get there head round goodwill towards all men, even if only for a day! So sad yet so very, very synonymous with the reality we live in.

edit on 26-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

View the post above yours and tell me that you can honestly say that regarding this situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: andy06shake

View the post above yours and tell me that you can honestly say that regarding this situation.

Unfortunately for some, denial really is a river in Egypt. So sad to live in a world of fantasy where you cannot believe anything is real.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of that is strange is this: If the kid drew the gun then this cop must be the fastest gun in the west.
Unless the officer already had his gun out.

How does he draw so fast?

He sees the kid draw and then quickly draws his gun...why didn't the kid get a shot off.

Just asking questions have no opinion on what happened other than what is apparent.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The answer to that is that recovered weapon still had it's safety on.

Apparently the shooter forgot to disengage the firearm's safety, had that not happened, we'd have a dead cop instead of a dead criminal.
edit on 26-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join