It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Clashes Break Out Following Another Police Shooting Near St Louis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

No he pointed a gun at the cop, and paid for it.
And that is fine that I brought it up, it needs to be brought up.
Cause again I was just talking in general

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That's great and all, but in general, what does race have anything to do with this?

Was he targeted by the police for being black or were the police called because of an armed thug?

Sorry man, I'd just like to understand why race is always such a key issue.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Is person even in your vocabulary or can thug be the only word that can describe anyone that you feel has done something wrong?
And I am sure you will come back with " any one that breaks the law is a thug".
Fine, but they are also still a person, if we don't want to create a divide, why don't we just call people, people.

Race is a key issue cause it exist and people want to shove it under the rug or let it be the elephant in the room.
It very well may not have played any role in this, and once he pulled the gun out it played zero.
Again, was just talking in general

I said what I wanted, you said what you wanted.
Lets just end it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Is person even in your vocabulary or can thug be the only word that can describe anyone that you feel has done something wrong?
And I am sure you will come back with " any one that breaks the law is a thug".
Fine, but they are also still a person, if we don't want to create a divide, why don't we just call people, people.

Race is a key issue cause it exist and people want to shove it under the rug or let it be the elephant in the room.
It very well may not have played any role in this, and once he pulled the gun out it played zero.
Again, was just talking in general

I said what I wanted, you said what you wanted.
Lets just end it.

No, race is not an issue -- or shouldn't be an issue, anyway -- and the only reason it is an effin' issue is because the G' damn TV is telling everyone to focus on race and nothing else. Literally if it weren't for the media, and stupid people looking to take advantage of a crap situation, race wouldn't be an issue at all. The only issue that should be focused upon is whether or not the police had the right to shoot a PERSON. But nooooooooo, the TV tells everyone to focus on color instead of real issues, and everyone is falling for it like cute little mind slaves.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Come off it kid, these thugs have created unnecessary tensions all across the US, we can give thanks to thugs like these for two dead officers and another two with broken noses here in NYC. Thugs because any self entitled armed individual that feels he or she is above the law can only be seen as a thug.

So you bring up race just like any other race baiter would and expect applause for being the only level headed, progressive thinker but cannot explain how race played any part in this thug's suicide by cop, in general I'll add.

Sure I'll end it, I've seen your posts on other threads and know what your mentality is like - let's excuse these animals because they're black and demonize anyone that feels otherwise, hell let's even call them racists.

My hat's off to you. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I disagree.
Yes the media can over hype things, but doesn't mean we can't look past the over hype and at the very real issue that people in this nation get targeted cause of race alone.
This case is not one of them but hardly a standard to show it doesn't matter

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My hat's off to you. Merry Christmas.

Same to you

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TechUnique

I heard they secured "a firearm". Let us see it.

Whether he was armed or not, this is at boiling point. I don't even live over there and I can feel it bubbling away like crazy. This is an insane way to go into the new year. Do you honestly see this getting better for next year? By the looks of it, its only getting worse and ramping up.

By it, I mean the clash and divide between the police and people. All this media coverage about the militarised police recently.. everything added up just doesn't paint a good picture in my head. Right near Christmas and New years as well.. as if emotions aren't already running rampant enough.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I've got a very bad feeling about all this!

From my perspective of "living over here" I can tell you it's not boiling over. There are isolated areas where people are reacting legitimately and illegitimately but the media is making it sound like the whole country is going crazy. The U.S. is more than NY and LA and St Louis, as much as they would like you to believe.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

hoping to get their last minute Christmas looting done.

Crystal Ball?

Just wondering how you can make this ASSUMPTION?

JUDE11

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't think you can clump this up with other recent shootings. The guy pointed a pistol at a cop, unprovoked. White, black, it doesn't matter. You point a gun at someone unprovoked and you lose your race card.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy

I don't think you can clump this up with other recent shootings. The guy pointed a pistol at a cop, unprovoked. White, black, it doesn't matter. You point a gun at someone unprovoked and you lose your race card.

That statement might have some meaning if the term "race card" itself ever had any meaning in the context within which it has been invoked. It never has and it never will. The "race card" was always a lie since its inception. It's a lie, an excuse and a pathetic joke.

It began as a little politically correct seed and over the years has grown into a giant, out-of-control forest of hate and denial.

It is time to cut those trees down now.
edit on 24-12-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is something wrong with the water in Missouri btw?

This is the third killing of a black youth in a couple of months and every time it indicates some attack by the kid.

The Brown killings suppose to have him attacking the police. And then the 23 year old guy with a knife who the cops say attacked them and now this.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And that is your opinion, but I don't see why the idea can't be brought up.

why bring it up to make it an issue when its clearly the ACTS of these individuals that caused their demise, and not their color, with the exception of the NY case, and even that didnt seem to be about race, and was a pure case of police brutality, where has race come in at ALL in any of these except where the media and others have PUT IT there?

Why does race have to be brought up at all? It wasnt like they yelled out racial slurs at them before they were killed....

Your whole premise is to make a race issue where there isnt one already......

That seems pretty heavily agenda driven
edit on 12/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Is something wrong with the water in Missouri btw?

This is the third killing of a black youth in a couple of months and every time it indicates some attack by the kid.

The Brown killings suppose to have him attacking the police. And then the 23 year old guy with a knife who the cops say attacked them and now this.

In this case the youth, because in the end all lives matter not just black, was alleged to have pointed a gun at the cop.
The video seems to show him drop something and then point something at the cop.
If that is the way it happened then Im not sure what people expect to have happened as a response.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the asshole who comes out with a solution to all these problems. I know they want to change something. I'll stay away from protesters and huge crowds. I already know they are demonizing my color so some ignorant # wants to shoot or rob me. That's why I moved where people are the same color as me. It was either that or add sandbags and a machine gun nest in my home. I lived that # in Detroit and I'm too old for it now. Time to get away and let the cities implode when the money runs out.

You really can't reason with idiots. The only thing you can do is get away from those silly mother f'ers.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: TechUnique According to his Mom he was a good young man trying to get his life together after a few misunderstood armed robberies and such. He didn't have a gun, of course, and was just another innocent victim who happened to be there when someone called the police about a larceny.

Why would they rob the place then just stand out in front of it? There is a video showing the cop showing up until that happened the two guys were just standing in front of the store talking. How often do people rob a place then say lets stand out front of it a talk for a while?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Is anyone watching these live videos from this. My God it's escalating quickly in that grocery store parking lot

Live Link

Live Link2

Just heard a protester look into the camera and cuss out "crackers" then went on to say "I want you all to die and I want all your kids to die too, but I'm not racist, cause I can't be racist."

No...no that's not racist at all......
edit on 24-12-2014 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Here's a post I made in the other ATS threadon this topic that I hope helps clear up that exact thing.....

============

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet here (being lazy I stopped reading at page 6) but viewing each video angle at full screen, I took some key screenshots which are indicators he had a shiny object on him before the police arrived. He took it out of his pocket, holding it in his right hand in this shot here (after he and the other guy seemed to "stalk" the two folks with the baby carriage).

Photo 1

Then, after the police arrived, and confronted them, and some words were exchanged, it is here he is standing near the front of the police cruiser, raising his hand in a typical firing stance.

Photo 2

So, if you review the videos, around these two video snapshots, you will see there was some attempt to point something shiny (in his right hand) at the officer, immediately prior to him being shot and killed. Then, apply Occam's Razor, you might conclude it was a weapon of some sort, resulting in the officer discharging his service weapon to address an immediate threat.

edit on 12/24/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Isn't this supposed to be a crime scene? And all these people are trampling around a crime scene is OK? I don't get it....

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

are you kidding?!?!?! there hasn't been any evidence of a weapon.... all we have been shown is a very poor video of what looks like a hand being raised. There could have POSSIBLY been something in his hand. To say it was a gun is a HUGE stretch based on what we've seen in the videos. The guy could have pulled out a cell phone for all we know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join