It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas... and even if you aren't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have been a member here for a little while but I'm pretty quiet most of the time. I do feel that this site has something to offer that no other site out there has, and that is the feeling that we're never alone, there's always someone there for us. I have always felt like I belonged here even if no one recognizes me

I'm broke this year and have five kids. But I feel warmer than ever tonight (and that has nothing at all to do with the Twisted Tea I've been drinking, I swear!) and wanted to pop on this thread to wish everyone a very ,very merry Christmas.
And no matter what you're feeling this year, just think of this..out of all the creatures that exist in the universe, you are here. That could be good or bad, but I take it as a good thing.

Merry Christmas. Take it as you like! I like mine with a bit of humor, since life itself is quite silly most of the time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Hi Ektar:

I hope you and your furry family have a blessed Christmas and a much deserved joyful New Year!

So sorry for your loss, but a see a bright and much happier 2015 for you...

Happiest of Holidays to you.

Missie

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: neformore

Thanks for your post, Neformore. I'm very grateful to have my hubby back home from the hospital and nursing home after quadruple bypass heart surgery, another surgery to repair bleeding, a stroke and pneumonia. Between the hospital and nursing home, I was alone for seven weeks. He finally came home December 3, and is going through intensive cardiac therapy, as well as multiple blood draws as he is on warfarin for atrial fibrillation. Him being home is the best Christmas present I could ask for. We are spending a quiet Christmas at home.

Merry Christmas to all of ATS! So true that you are never alone on here.

I am so happy to hear your husband is back home with you. A quiet cozy Christmas at home together sounds wonderful.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ho Ho Ho

I thought I'd pop in and share some hope love and joy joy. I'm having an awesome Christmas.

I spent the day with all my brothers and sisters eating a HUGE rib roast perfectly cooked. We had scalloped potatoes and spinach au gratin casserole. A Waldorf salad for an intermezze, and chocolate chip cookie tiramisu cake for dessert. Dinner Rocked Hardcore... And I didn't have to cook a thing for once. Merry Christmas

But the point of this post is yet to be disclosed. I want to discuss strange gifting methods...

We have one in my family. I don't know if you'd call it a polly anna or a chinese auction or what you'd call it, but we bring one gift each to the Christmas party. Then we take turns selecting unopened presents. If you like someone else's present you can "steal" it from them instead of selecting an unopened present. That person has the same choice until either all presents have been stolen once or someone selects an unopened present down the chain. We do a second round where presents are stolen once a round or until we are all happy with our presents.

We keep the price down under $100 and we all have a great time. This year I ended up with a high end electronic thermometer.

I hope everyone has a great holiday. Merry Christmas ATS

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My sister & her fiancé came into town today. My parents picked them up from the airport & went to dinner. It's our first time meeting him.

I will attempt as little interaction with them as possible. Just thinking about sitting at a dinner table gave me an anxiety Attack.

With forced conversation about materialism & anything other than the reality around us & what the next 1-20 years truly hold for our entire species.

God plz don't let anyone at this bar try to talk to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Officially Christmas here. A quick unsable skype call to my better half n a wonky internet connection is now done. I'm back to just me and the rest of my demons. Thanks to ATS, some of my stuff isn't that bad except that it's happening to me and I can't do much about it right now.

Here's wishing a better new year for all of us, no matter how good or bad the past has been. Cheers everybody.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Hay happy merry Christmas to one and all and I officially feel fat and definitely lethargic,Christmas eve in Japan is quite different than in the states,at best I can describe it as valentines day like, I know the pic above is a hot mess but no one took a shot of the well dressed bird we had before folks went through it like a buzzsaw, here is hoping to get through the remainder of this year in peace and contentment.
Respect!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
7.20am here in the UK on Christmas Day now - thanks for everyone who has contributed so far - so many stories!

I'll be spending most of the day by myself, so will keep dropping in.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Merry mrning Nef.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hoagy1199

Not sure about Merry yet LOL - not at this time of day! Maybe later but I do tend to stay "dry" as I have a lot of driving tomorrow - we'll see 😊

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

hahaha, consider it a coverall term then. Unfortunatly, I can't have any adult beverages this year. I hpe to make upi for that soon enough. I have a long list to work through when all is said and done with treatment and it will start with adult beverages and celebration.
edit on 12/25/2014 by hoagy1199 because: (no reason given)

I won't be having the light version believe me/

edit on 12/25/2014 by hoagy1199 because: addl info

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

God Bless one and all.

-beez

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Merry Christmas you skull munching bunny. Take care my friend.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm breaking my never post before your second coffee rule

It's worth it

A very merry Christmas morning to one and all ATS

May your day be full of love and joy .

If you're alone or feeling down Timely's post a funny picture thread is a good tonic

Catch you all later

Cody

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So I am relatively new here at ATS.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with this community! It has helped me gain clarity to a wide range of issues that I have felt compelled to learn more about. It has enhanced my critical thinking abilities and allowed me to work on discussing "conspiracies" with people in general.

I would like to thank all here for their views upon this wild thing called life that we are all collectively experiencing.

Threads like these are fantastic, we can get so caught up in our beliefs, the division that can be created, sometimes on purpose, sometimes simply due to clinging to "being right" that we miss the point that we are all one.

It has been a difficult year and reading through this thread I empathize with many of you. Some on the struggles of the year, some on the positive aspects. This site truly does offer support for those in need and it is appreciated. It is a wonderful community and I give thanks to all included!

Namaste Aloha

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoagy1199

hahaha, consider it a coverall term then. Unfortunatly, I can't have any adult beverages this year. I hpe to make upi for that soon enough. I have a long list to work through when all is said and done with treatment and it will start with adult beverages and celebration.

I won't be having the light version believe me/

Yakisoba and corona lite Yiikes!! if you lived in my city I'd have you over man.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone! I am blessed that my wife could be out of the mental hospital in time for the holidays, I hope the stress of the season doesn't send her back in.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I had the dog out early this AM and noted how rainy, dismal and warm and un Christmasy it is this year. Then I reflected on how generally crappy this year has been. Not just for me but for the world. I felt alone, apart from God even though I didn't want to be. Then I reflected a little more. I survived a pretty terrible car accident this year that easily could have resulted in far more serious injuries or the injuries and death of family that were also in the car. I lost a favorite car, one that we had since it was new and wanted to keep for many more years even though it was already 15 years old. But financially I didn't suffer and could afford a new car. We lost a beloved pet which probably hurt the most. But I have to feel that somebody is looking out for us.
Then I thought about being alone. We live on a whole planet of people and God is with us whether we want him to be or not. I think we focus on the negative too much and not on the positive. Probably the good things that happen every day outnumber the bad 100 or 1,000 to one, we just don't think about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Merry Christmas people of the secret, I hope all are well today.
Its nice out here today . (4amish, in the delta area.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Happy Christmas Nef, you put things into words so perfectly for today that is today

To anyone alone always remember - You are never actually alone

So true what you said about Planet Earth and the way ATS has become more political but we all get drawn in as things are happening around us, but a focus on the really amazing things we've experienced is all the bestter

Happy Christmas

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join