It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas... and even if you aren't

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Spending Christmas alone (Don't get along with my father) but it's ok because I've just finished my 2nd bottle of whiskey.
LOL

Seriously though, Just gonna watch some episodes of Friends and go to sleep.

Gonna make a thread in the music section when I can create new topics, but thought I would post my advert for my music
collaboration here as well, hope thats ok.

Insomniac Junkie is a punk/progressive rock band who is searching for a female vocalist who sounds similar to Courtney Love or Kim Shuttack (Though it doesn't matter if you don't, as long as you can sing with attitude for the heavier songs).

This will be a online music collaboration so there are no plans to play live, though maybe in the future but right now I
just want to focus on recording and publishing lots of music.

I play guitar and my musical influences are everything from Mazzy Star,Magnapop and Pixies to NOFX, Goldfinger and Greenday.
I just use drum samples for drum tracks.

The way this collaboration would work is, I email you song demos and lyrics (Or you can write the lyrics to some songs) and you record
the vocal tracks, email them back to me, and I go record the guitar at the studio and have all the tracks mixed then.

So yeah if you're interested, you can send me a message, Im sure you have more questions, feel free to ask away

Why can't I post links??

edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone and @neformore!

I'll be alone at my room tonight and tomorrow but I'll see my sister again (and dad) for the first time in 6 years on the day after Christmas day/Boxing Day and stay with my mom up until New Years Day.

We'll have the most delicious food.
Looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Thank you for this thread...I always come here.
I lost my mum this year in April. I will be spending
these holidays with my animal family. My first Border Collie
is over 14 yrs old & has cancer. This will be his last holiday
as his days are now limited so I am spending it with him.

We will be having Lamb for dinner tonight & Smoked Venison
tomorrow night. The 2 dogs, cat & parrot will ALL be happy.

Happy Holidays to EVERYONE!!!!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I haven't seen your avatar before but I love it! (had to say that
)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So sorry to hear about your mother

Your food choice sounds fantastic. I have a far too large beef joint for tomorrow (I always get too much food in, force of habit and this year I got fed up with Turkey) - will probably last me 3/4 days unless I really pig out on it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

So cool to be able to catch up with family - especially after that amount of time.

I see my parents on Boxing Day usually - your six year wait makes my hour and a half drive pale in comparison!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Its 6am in Canberra - so - Merry Christmas Australia!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wish it were different, but the fact of the matter is anyone I would care to be with has long left me. I don't see holidays, just days, and more days, and more days.

I envy your happiness and connection to others, I only barely remember how it feels to be there, in that kind of life.

Good luck to all of you, enjoy your holidays, and your campanionship.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Meh... xmas should be everyday... shame that we have one day a year where the majority actually try to show some empathy.. .but at least there's this one day.

What's left of my family and most friends are across the country... the locals who know me have families and to their credit think xmas is a commercial joke... so I will be mostly alone ...and with certain chemicals and my electronic gadgets, I will be blasting 12 yr olds online and getting wrecked on a rare day off... so cheers and no matter how lonely, pathetic and cold one's life is, enjoy drawing a breath, seeing the sky and experiencing this human thing... whatever it really is.

It likely beats the alternative. Skoal!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Thank you...I usually have my dog but I was too busy creating
Christmas & Holiday avatars that I had no time to put hats &
snow on my guys.
It ALL good as I enjoyed every minute of it.

Speaking of AVATARS I hope everyone will visit the Christmas
Avatar Contest & come by to vote. Thanks!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, I miss the innocence that it once was.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Merry Xmas ATS !

Luv To You All...

leolady
edit on 24-12-2014 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Thank you! I just fired up the Barbie....
Too much food...LOL! cause I cook everything on the
grill...also having #akee mushrooms, sweet potatoes
with butter, garlic, & rosemary...spicy beets & whole grain
bread with cranberries. All from the grill.
Now if I just had a partner...everything would be Merry...
guess that's what the wine & later single barrel Scotch are
for...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Meh... xmas should be everyday... shame that we have one day a year where the majority actually try to show some empathy..

!

Perhaps, but if my family is any indication...there will be no empathy, sympathy or good will, only old resentments awakened, nonstop bickering, a few fist fights, constant drinking of alcohol, crying children, snotty teenagers, staggering drunks with foul mouth's, a call to come bail uncle Carl out of jail; it's the Christmas ritual played over and over again.

My wife will be with her family experiencing what I just described. She will call about 2pm, crying and I will reassure her that everything will be alright when she gets home....and it will!

I refuse to participate. I'd rather be alone and work, or just stare at the wall and enjoy the silence; what a blessing!!

2015 will be fantastic!
edit on 24-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Merry Christmas Nef! And Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. I will be in and out visiting family, but will drop by occasionally to read the writings on the wall!

Now for some Christmas Nectar of the Gods!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Someone got creative! I don't have Facebook myself but someone linked this to me and I thought it was fun to see that. Imagine the effort

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A magical and beautiful video to each and every one of you from me with love.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Merry Christmas neformore and everyone on ATS. Hope you all have a great day, no matter who's with you or not. Here's hoping 2015 is a great year for us all.

Good to see you! But so sorry to hear your news about your mum.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and cherish every moment with your collie. They're the smartest dogs in the world, a great friend to have.

B x

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wishing the best to all through these Holidays and a Happy New Year.

In hopes of 2015 to be a less rough year!
edit on 24-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join