It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas... and even if you aren't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Count me in the lonesome brigade... I don't care for christmas I must say but I will miss my kids the same as I do any other day they aren't with me.

I am mainly posting so that if there are any other lonely souls out there, you can know that you are not really alone as there are many of us that feel just like you.

Here is to hoping next year is better.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: neformore

Thank you for this thread...I always come here.
I lost my mum this year in April. I will be spending
these holidays with my animal family. My first Border Collie
is over 14 yrs old & has cancer. This will be his last holiday
as his days are now limited so I am spending it with him.

We will be having Lamb for dinner tonight & Smoked Venison
tomorrow night. The 2 dogs, cat & parrot will ALL be happy.

Happy Holidays to EVERYONE!!!!

Cheers
Ektar

Sounds like you have a wonderful little pet family! They bring so many smiles, so much joy and so much love into our lives.
I am very sorry to hear about your Mom. I lost my Dad 7 years ago and cannot believe it has been that many years already. I'm sure your Mom will be with you in spirit. For my family, Dad will be in our thoughts and hearts and right there with us. Hugs, love and peace to you. Merry Christmas Ektar!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Count me in the lonesome brigade... I don't care for christmas I must say but I will miss my kids the same as I do any other day they aren't with me.

I am mainly posting so that if there are any other lonely souls out there, you can know that you are not really alone as there are many of us that feel just like you.

Here is to hoping next year is better.

With our ATS family, we are never truly alone. Merry Christmas to you!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Herolotus
I wish it were different, but the fact of the matter is anyone I would care to be with has long left me. I don't see holidays, just days, and more days, and more days.

I envy your happiness and connection to others, I only barely remember how it feels to be there, in that kind of life.

Good luck to all of you, enjoy your holidays, and your campanionship.

The spirit of Christmas is love and we love you! Wishing you peace this holiday Season and always. Hugs!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Epic thread Nef.

No second line required.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

OMG Beans...thank you so much! Sorry I haven't been around
much(just short crap)...I have missed you! I have to try early
tomorrow to try & do "Collie Magic" LOL! that would be hats
& snow for his avatar...Thank you so much...you made me a nice
evening with me crew!
I hope you & yours have a Merry Christmas!

Cheers
Ektar

I am listening to old Jazz Christmas tunes...like I heard as a wee
kid....but it will soon go to the Rock Side so I can jam on the Djembe.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Night for ALL your support liking my avatars
& I hope you have a fabulous Christmas!
Much Love & Peace to you!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Much love and peace to you as well Ektar!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoagy1199
Just somebody stop me before I get too whiney.

Cheers everybody, let's hope the coming year is better.

Stop.

The second line is too whiney.

Harte

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Indigent

Don't know what you mean

I think he meant bad ovipositors.

Harte

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
Merry Xmas ATS !

Luv To You All...

leolady

Whoa, that vid was awesome!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar merry ektarmas 🎄 🎁 🎀 .

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar merry ektarmas 🎄 🎁 🎀 .
Happy Hols Nef and everyone else.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I doubt there are many as alone as I am this Christmas. Too much loss and tragedy and family issues this year. I've seen the best and the worst and can't seem to shake the worst no matter how far I try to get away from it.

I've seen a worse side of humanity recently.. and I have seen even another side that I can only pray none of you have or ever will. I'm nearly certain where all of this is headed, and when... All I can do is plan ahead to have a good spot to watch the long delayed beginning of the end.

I'm celebrating Christmas on top of a cool southern mountain in Southern California... I'm alone, and completely fine with it.

God bless, and merry Christmas to you, one and all.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: hoagy1199
Just somebody stop me before I get too whiney.

Cheers everybody, let's hope the coming year is better.

Stop.

The second line is too whiney.

Harte

Thanks mate, I needed that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername I felt like that 4 years ago. I get it. My present to you is it will change one day. May you enjoy a beer, good movie or book . Cheers Zazz.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ausername I felt like that 4 years ago. I get it. My present to you is it will change one day. May you enjoy a beer, good movie or book . Cheers Zazz.

Not a drink of any alcoholic beverages of any kind in years now. But cheers none the less... I do like coffee. I did watch a movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on DVD... It was somewhat entertaining.

As for the past, I'm over it now, can't be fixed. Life goes on... At least for as long as it can.

Being alone isn't a problem for me, seriously. I plan to keep going, traveling on right through the new year and beyond... I'm enjoying it for now, but soon I'm going to have to find a way to deal with the inevitable.

edit on 24-12-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I doubt there are many as alone as I am this Christmas. Too much loss and tragedy and family issues this year. I've seen the best and the worst and can't seem to shake the worst no matter how far I try to get away from it.

I've seen a worse side of humanity recently.. and I have seen even another side that I can only pray none of you have or ever will. I'm nearly certain where all of this is headed, and when... All I can do is plan ahead to have a good spot to watch the long delayed beginning of the end.

I'm celebrating Christmas on top of a cool southern mountain in Southern California... I'm alone, and completely fine with it.

God bless, and merry Christmas to you, one and all.

It breaks my heart to know you are dealing with so much right now. Please hang in there and take one day at a time. We are here for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Your ATS family is only ever a click away ...

Make the most of the solitude.
Have a great Christmas !!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thanks for your post, Neformore. I'm very grateful to have my hubby back home from the hospital and nursing home after quadruple bypass heart surgery, another surgery to repair bleeding, a stroke and pneumonia. Between the hospital and nursing home, I was alone for seven weeks. He finally came home December 3, and is going through intensive cardiac therapy, as well as multiple blood draws as he is on warfarin for atrial fibrillation. Him being home is the best Christmas present I could ask for. We are spending a quiet Christmas at home.

Merry Christmas to all of ATS! So true that you are never alone on here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join