It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas... and even if you aren't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its that time of year again - which makes this a current event - and as I've done this every year I've been on staff, it seems it has become something of a tradition.

I'm going to be upfront and say that 2014 has been both the best year, and the worst year for me in a long while. Lots of highs and lows personally, professionally, with my band and with my various online activities/hobbies. At one stage, after the events of the past few months I wasn't going to write this at all, and while it may not be the thread that ATS deserves right now, to paraphrase Batman, its the one it needs.

This site is a community, one that has grown to mean many things to many people. A shared experience that has bought some wonderful insight, knowledge, speculation and joy into many peoples lives since its inception.

Yes, we live in some difficult times. Yes, the genuine "core" topics we all love, conspiracies, paranormal, UFO's etc all seem to be in short supply right now and yes, current events and politics are the main talking points a lot of the time but still we carry on, and - as the X-Files once said - "The Truth is out there" (or in here)

And heres a truth - you are not alone on ATS. Never will be. So if you find yourself at a loose end - for whatever reason - be it work or personal circumstances then know you are welcome here, that there are others in the same position as you, and that despite how difficult or depressing things might be, you have a family of sorts right here.

Come share your story and make some new friends - I'll be around most of Christmas and will look in as much as I can and I'm sure some of the other staff will be dropping by as well.

Merry Christmas folks!

edit on 24/12/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the offer but I'm off fishing early tomorrow. Santa is dead anyway.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

Ps...Merry Christmas.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Hey nef,

I'll be in and out the next few days but still around. I'll try to pop by and see how it's going. I'm nt really in a festive mood this year but it never hurts to hang out with friends here. Just somebody stop me before I get too whiney. Cheers everybody, let's hope the coming year is better.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Thank you for this lovely message. Respect to you neformore.

I will be alone all over Christmas. I will definitely be looking to ATS for some company so I hope it stays busy.

Come on guys, you know you want to sneak away and disappear into a corner away from all the commotion and type with busy fingers. Only we can truly understand you!

I will not be lonely. It is just another day in the life. They better show the Star Trek repeats on CBS Action as usual though or I'll be most dismayed.

Have a great time folks, whoever and wherever you are.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

as the X-Flies once said - "The Truth is out there"

X-flies are badass

Merry Christmas to you

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Don't know what you mean

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Merry Christmas Nef.
Its great that we take care of our own and you make these threads at this time of year.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

link   

The Truth is out there... In a Google cache most likely

link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Christmas TV in the UK used to be one of the pinnacles of the day with some hugely original content - not now though. A day of Trek classics sounds pretty damn good to me, although I think I may be trying to get through the two full series of Elementary on my TiVO in the next few days!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Therapist: So what are your plans for Christmas?

Me: I don't know, I'll probably drive around aimlessly & try not to kill myself.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm lucky and get to spend it with my wonderful family and as it's Christmas, I will refrain from discussing any of my conspiracies surrounding World events.

I have friends who choose to be alone at Christmas for one reason or another and although it may seem quite sad, they prefer it that way.

For those that are alone, then as nef says, you are never alone here on ATS.

This is going to be my last post until the weekend, so Merry Christmas to everyone, may you get the Christmas you deserve.

Peace to one and all.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I'm actually counting my lucky stars for sure. Yesterday I was out in town and it was busy. Being a gentleman I tried to make room for the women and children on the side walk; I always walk on the outer edge so they are safer. I lost my balance too close to the curb and a car was passing as I did so. I cannot believe I managed to hold my balance. It really felt like something was holding me up, my balance had gone. I thanked the Almighty for that. So this Christmas is already sunny side up for me because I am not in a hospital bed or something.

Always look on the bright side of life!

Happy viewing and I wish you and your family a blessed time.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Therapist: So what are your plans for Christmas?

Me: I don't know, I'll probably drive around aimlessly & try not to kill myself.

Hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle. I love humour like that.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
T.v in the u.k this xmas is utter sh#t!, so i think my film harddrive will be used alot and the playstation will be powered up for the first time in 6 months. Im spending tomorrow with family, my first family xmas in 20yrs, im abit nervous to say the least!. Good post nef. I hope everyone has a good'un this xmas, and a better new year. All the best.
B. V. H. a reply to: neformore

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Merry Christmas to you Neformore and thank you. Between you and Night Star the love is being felt, don't doubt it for a second.

It has been a roller coaster ride for so many of us this year, I totally relate to your ups and downs. Now we have a new year ahead for us all and as it said by many this time of year, "next year can't be as bad as this year." So Bring on 2015 and may we all have a Great New Year that will bring more joy than sorrow.

Happy Holidays to all here at ATS, I appreciate you all more than you'll ever know!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Nef, this is one of the reasons why I keep coming back to ATS (5 year member in January). The community that we have, I believe, is unique to the internet. Yeah, we're all crazy, tin-foil hat wearing goofballs, but we know how to take care of our own. Thanks for doing this yet again. I'll be spending Christmas with my in-laws and my own family (and combined in-law/family Christmas).

For those of you that won't have someone to spend the day with, remember that there are people that care about you even if you've never met them in person.

Take care, and Merry Christmas to all.

-TS

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

I love this image. I think i might steal it hehe. Me and my brothers open our things on christmas eve (we're all older now, makes more sense). My girlfriend is coming (big deal for me, its a first). We got a full afternoon ahead when she gets off work. I've spent some holidays alone, or working to give people with families some time off for the holidays. two years ago i did three weeks of 16 hours shifts over christmas.

If there are any folk alone tonight or ever, my inbox is always open for a chat. Hopefully i have something interesting to say!

Happy holidays everyone, alone or not i hope there are some smiles for you

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Nef
I always love this thread
Although I'm with my RL family, I always bring my laptop so I can spend some time with my extended ATS family as well.

Christmas would be a bit hollow if you guys weren't with me.

Besides when my parents watch TV it's rubbish TV LOL

A very merry Christmas to one and all

Cody

edit on 24/12/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just another day here .. one of very few that hasnt been spent in a war zone or disaster area over the years .. seems odd not being shot at or putting someone back together .. so enjoying a good cigar .. a drink .. and remembering old friends long gone .. could visit my adopted kids and their families but dont want to intrude on them .. more and more prefer my solitude these days ( besides my kids would try to talk me into moving in with them yet again .. keep telling them I prefer not to be a burden and still more than capable of taking care of myself yet .. )

To those who celebrate it .. merry christmas ..

Now time to grab another drink and wait to see what idiocy the world repeats in the new year ..

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Merry Christmas

I will be alone at my office.

And what a blessing it is to be at work; involved in creative enterprises that actually involves ATS at times.

At this stage of my life, I never thought it would be possible to actually "live the dream"....

edit on 24-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join