It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm denying seeing how a police state ties in with some jackbag deciding he's going to off two cops sitting in a patrol car.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Kali, If I could give you 100 stars. And alot of other posters.

This is just tragic. Good lord.

To the families, friends, and the city of New York, and for our country. I am in tears, and feel very sad.

I feel like I want to scream!!!!!

STOP IT STOP IT !!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm denying seeing how a police state ties in with some jackbag deciding he's going to off two cops sitting in a patrol car.

It doesn't! But your post that I was replying to, you made a point to imply it doesn't exist!

So does it or doesn't it? To make myself clear. I am referring to the "police state"!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Shamrock6

What was the motivation of the murderer? It's opportunistic to talk about the root of why it happened? Sorry I'm not an idiot, so I don't believe that not talking about a problem will make it go away.

You wanted the focus of the riots and demonstrations and Brown verdict to be about those issues. But now you want the killing of two cops to ALSO be about those issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why I don't trust police....

I was living in Round Rock, TX. One night I heard 5 gunshots in my back yard which backed up to a public park. After I saw the police cars back there I walked out on my patio to get a closer look at what happened and got spotlighted, about 2 minutes later I had 2 cops on my front door with shotguns in my face, I told them I heard what happened and if they needed me to talk to a detective I'd be happy to. They insisted on seeing my drivers licence and then the cop told me he could take me to jail right then and there for theft.

2 years before that I wrote a check to HEB for $40 dollars and a few weeks later when it hit my account, my checking didn't have enough in it to cover the check (my bad for not transferring funds) but my Overdraft protection kicked a 100 bucks over to checking to cover the charge and my bank charged me 12bucks. That was the last I heard of it.

I was forced to turn myself in and the officer who notified me of that said, "just come in friday morning at 6am or so and we'll have you booked in and out by 10, you can go get breakfast." well 2 days and $600 later I'm out of jail. Went to court, explained what happened, the judge apologized and the court office wrote me a check for $598.

Took my bank records to jail with me when I turned myself in to prove my innocence. The cops didn't give 2 sh_ts. Locked me up with a guy who was "taking care of himself" the entire time he was awake.

I trust no cop.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong

I was living in Round Rock, TX. One night I heard 5 gunshots in my back yard which backed up to a public park. After I saw the police cars back there I walked out on my patio to get a closer look at what happened and got spotlighted, about 2 minutes later I had 2 cops on my front door with shotguns in my face, I told them I heard what happened and if they needed me to talk to a detective I'd be happy to. They insisted on seeing my drivers licence and then the cop told me he could take me to jail right then and there for theft.

2 years before that I wrote a check to HEB for $40 dollars and a few weeks later when it hit my account, my checking didn't have enough in it to cover the check (my bad for not transferring funds) but my Overdraft protection kicked a 100 bucks over to checking to cover the charge and my bank charged me 12bucks. That was the last I heard of it.

I was forced to turn myself in and the officer who notified me of that said, "just come in friday morning at 6am or so and we'll have you booked in and out by 10, you can go get breakfast." well 2 days and $600 later I'm out of jail. Went to court, explained what happened, the judge apologized and the court office wrote me a check for $598.

Took my bank records to jail with me when I turned myself in to prove my innocence. The cops didn't give 2 sh_ts. Locked me up with a guy who was "taking care of himself" the entire time he was awake.

I trust no cop.

I don't either!

But by God I am intelligent enough to address who they work for and who is protecting them!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Then you misinterpret my comment. My comment was meant that I don't understand why we need to turn a story of two cops getting killed into a story of racism against blacks, profiling, police state, and so on.

It's a story about two cops who got killed by a guy who wanted to kill some cops. It's a tragedy. But it appears that some want to use that tragedy to turn the attention away from this incident and back on to what they want the attention on.

link   

As someone from outside the U.S. you may not consider my opinion valid.

But I'll just say that Gaza & West Bank are Police States...

The U.S. is far from a Police State imo.

You wouldn't have the freedoms you do.

Is it a potential threat, yes I wouldn't deny that.
Is it in effect, not in my humble Londoner opinion.

link   

I trust no cop.

Im sure cops could post stories equally as frustrating about civilians and say "I trust no civilian"

At a certain point we need to judge people on their own individual actions and not assume that because one person in a race or profession acted a certain way then all will act that way.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Want?

They are.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I trust no cop.

I don't either!

But by God I am intelligent enough to address who they work for and who is protecting them!

You and I disagree about a lot, and have gone toe to toe about a lot, but you are one of the few I've come across here who seems to understand the concept of "treat the disease and not the symptoms." And for that, no matter how much you drive up a wall with some of your comments (
), you will always have my respect.

edit on 20-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Innocent people are paying for what criminals do. Now good and bad cops might start paying for what bad cops do. This should be no surprise even though it isn't right.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What was the motivation of the murderer? It's opportunistic to talk about the root of why it happened? Sorry I'm not an idiot, so I don't believe that not talking about a problem will make it go away.

Motivation ?

Gee I wonder:

www.bizpacreview.com...

“I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today,” he wrote. “They Take 1 Of Ours … Let’s Take 2 of Theirs. #RIPEri(c)Gardner #RIPMikeBrown.” Read more: www.bizpacreview.com...

link   

Want?

They are.

Thank you for your input

link   

originally posted by: opethPA

I trust no cop.

Im sure cops could post stories equally as frustrating about civilians and say "I trust no civilian"

At a certain point we need to judge people on their own individual actions and not assume that because one person in a race or profession acted a certain way then all will act that way.

Absolutely. I one hundred percent agree with this. I would assume that the "I trust no civilian" may be half of the reason why are in the mess we are in. You've got those who don't trust cops so they get defensive, and cops that don't trust civilians, so they get defensive...
And well, you know what happens next.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
[a reply to: loki41872

Your sources appear to have been wrong.

Yes, and some pages back I corrected that...they were mistaken

My apologies.

I did not see your correction

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

This shooter is doing the same stereotyping he's complaining the police do. In his mind, every cop wants to kill a black man. These two cops could have been good cops who show restraint. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. If they continue to do this, they will lose any support they have now.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

As someone from outside the U.S. you may not consider my opinion valid.

But I'll just say that Gaza & West Bank are Police States...

The U.S. is far from a Police State imo.

You wouldn't have the freedoms you do.

Is it a potential threat, yes I wouldn't deny that.
Is it in effect, not in my humble Londoner opinion.

Charlie, I can appreciate your input, but as an American who is 51 years old and have lived thru what things were to what they are now?

Yes! We are living in a nation of laws where the wealthy get away with murder, while the poor and less fortunate, spend years in prison for things that the wealthy pay a fine for!

So being the old ornery codger I am? Yes! I am living in a police state, while listening to politicians stand on their patriotic soap box telling me how I live in the greatest country on Earth!

Now, I have seen your posts on how my government is corrupt as hell, so tell me I am wrong.......

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Context matters Neo.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Context matters Neo.

Yeah context matters, and here it is in a nutshell.

All AA's arent bad, but apparently ALL COPS ARE.

Thats why two of them were executed today.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join