It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This just in...

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

NEW YORK — Two New York City police officers have died after being shot ambush-style in their parked patrol car Saturday. An armed man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing to a nearby subway station where he apparently committed suicide, police said.

Seems like the catastrophies just keeps on coming right now. Dark times.

The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking. The perp was rumored to have posted on facebook that he would murder cops as revenge. - The New York Post

I am afraid to guess what this will end up with, it is a sad day.

My thoughts go to the officers families and loved ones.

edit on 20/12/14 by JoeSignal because: link

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal
The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking.

Rumored where?

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This makes me sick, people need to stop with the vitriolic hate mongering aimed at the police.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
why didnt the cops shoot him in the leg?
puzzling

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal
This is bad.
All this type of thing can accomplish is an increase in the power of the police state.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

When people do things like this, they just give the cops more ammo to justify their actions.

Sad to hear that two people died for something they probably had no hand in.

If we are going to say that cops are acting out of control we can not then stoop to the same level, well this was far worse.

Sad day indeed

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
This makes me sick, people need to stop with the vitriolic hate mongering aimed at the police.

The rampant police misconduct is what earned them the vitriol. You can't just beat, rape, frame, intimidate, harass, and murder people and get away with it forever.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

so its cool to target all cops for the actions of some cops?
just checking

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sorry.

Link is from New York Post

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Rumored in the NY Post

The post included an image of silver automatic handgun with a wooden handle.

“They Take 1 Of Ours … Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” the post continued, signing off with, “This May Be My Final Post.” The gunman was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post.

nypost.com...
edit on 20-12-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

But pulling this type of stunt is not the answer, eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

We need reform not executions, from both sides.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
The rampant police misconduct is what earned them the vitriol. You can't just beat, rape, frame, intimidate, harass, and murder people and get away with it forever.

Yah! I mean is there anything worse then when the police profile or stereotype whole races or social classes based off the actions of a few..

Oh wait...that seems familiar when reading your post.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I agree that many things in recent history has drawn a thick line between citizens and cops. But nobody deserves to die on the job. Come on man, everybody can see that this is wrong, and to think the sh*tstorm it's going to bring US citizens?

It is sad.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

so its cool to target all cops for the actions of some cops?
just checking

I didn't say that. I said they put the target on their own backs. I don't recommend any activity except to avoid police contact at all costs.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly my point, stooping to that level makes the whole "battle" moot. All those people that really have felt profiling or worse on their own body and soul will lose out on this action this man took.

When something like this happens we should cry for humanity, learn something from it and continue, now knowing better.

So sad, and even sadder if more lives are to be lost because of this.
edit on 20/12/14 by JoeSignal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But pulling this type of stunt is not the answer, eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

We need reform not executions, from both sides.

Right you are, however continued peaceful protest will in reality serve to further enslave us to an increasingly militarized police force.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And what will violence towards the police achieve? More enslavement and they'll come down harder on the people. The public loses either way.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I would have to disagree.

If one side continues to stay peaceful and is met with violence then those on the fence will see who is really to blame.
If both sides just take turns killing each other then it all just gets meshed together.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So the perp gets away and supposedly commits suicide by the subway? How mk ultraish! Wonder if tptb have anything to gain from this fiasco??

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is why we need leaders that try to calm these idiots.

This was predictable. Almost like our leader wanted this to happen.

You can't make everything about Race...It provokes weak minded people to violence.

My Prayers go out to the innocent officers families...Right before Christmas.

Where's Al now ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join