It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I gave them to you earlier about US involvement in a series of links, here, so you`re telling me you either haven`t read them well, or you have no sound logic what so ever.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: urssmorris

And a majority of India belonged to the British. Would the British be justified in retaking it's Indian territories?

Or we could go back further and say major areas of what is considered Russia now was owned by the Mongols.

Borders and ownerships change. Crimea was INTERNATIONALLY recognized as part of Ukraine. Just because it once belonged to one country doesn't mean that country can go take it back once the country that now owns does something they don't like.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The links you gave me are to flimsy theories and conjecture. None of them contain verifiable facts.

What is a verifiable fact is the Russian military is involved in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So basically only "facts" which suite your side of the story are solid to be used and the rest is are just "flimsy theories and conjecture" to be discarded as not trustworthy, despite the information has been proved to be right.

I can`t believe you just wrote that.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry you see it that way, but your sources aren't reliable, and their conclusions are largely theory and conjecture.

They take small things a US Advocacy group helping Ukranians learn how to organize a protest as blanket evidence of some CIA backed coup. That's stretching for meaning.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: 8675309jenny

One: Japanese and Chinese relations are so sour that a "merger" is not in any realistic way going to happen any time in the near to intermediate future.

Two: Japan was never part of the Chinese empire. Some may refer to texts such as the "Three Kingdoms", but this text never implied ownership of Japan, so your analogy here is impossible.

Jesus Christ, It was an IMAGINARY scenario. Theoretical. A "what-if". I don't give a toss about Sino-Japanese relations. And there is not such thing as a "Chinese Union". It doesn't need to have any basis in whether it COULD happen.

And for the record, until recently who would have imagined Ukraine and Russia so at odds with each other?

You seem to be alternating between pedantically obnoxious and obnoxiously pedantic in this thread.

Our position in Okinawa is strikingly similar to the Crimea situation before Ukraine coup/suckered into EU fantasy bollocks.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The general gist I get out of most of what you post, as well as one or two others, in this thread is that the poor Russians are just reacting to things and everything is big bad America's fault. And if you can't see that that's the truth well then by golly you're just buying in to what western MSM is feeding you.

Because Russia isn't entirely capable of lying it's little butt off just as much as any other country is? Because Putin is just such a stand up guy that all he wants is world peace and is just trying to help all those people?

I for one don't ignore or discount American involvement in things, but I absolutely will not pretend that Russia is a lily white victim in all this and is just being picked on.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos n such

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A striking difference between Crimea and Okinawa is that Japan controls whether or not the U.S. maintains an active military base on Okinawa. Should Japan want America out, rather than take control of Okinawa and declare it State number 51, they will oblige, and politely pull out.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Read This

It didn't prove your argument the first you posted that source, so what makes you think it does this time?

And Read This

What exactly do you think your thread proves?

...and if you`re still clueless after that, there`s no hope for you anymore.

Are you sure you are really in a position to call other's clueless?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm sorry you see it that way, but your sources aren't reliable, and their conclusions are largely theory and conjecture.

The wikileaks cables are not solid of course, same as the money transfers to the Ukraine, the NATO advisers helping out, Soros saying what he did himself, the Nuland tape which wasn`t denied as being true when asked (that means it was true), the US based Gallup pole, etc.

So first someone tries to debunk the US it own resolution and now this ?

How stupid do you think people actual are ?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm not denying the US is involved. It certainly is, I've stated this view many times, I am simply asserting that it's not entirely the US that's at fault for this conflict, which you seem to be suggesting.
edit on 17-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: Forgot a word. Quickly! Someone call it a Freudian Slip! Does this Freudian Slip make my butt look big?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yea it does

You know what I mean

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Of course not, you act like almost every other American by immediately pointing towards others to marginalize your own countries its wrong doings.

My both parents asked me the same thing when I was really young and when I made the excuse,"but others did it too," "When they jump in the river, are you going to jump too ?"...baffled I would answer to them, "no I wouldn`t"...so don`t point towards others to excuse yourself for what you (or your country) do, it`s child stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So by agreeing that the US is involved but not agreeing that it's entirely the U.S.' fault we are somehow marginalizing US involvement because again, poor Russia?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The WEST are making 100x the fuss about Crimea than the CRIMEANS THEMSELVES. Strange that huh ?

Well.. The US wants Its Natural Resources and Make Deals to get it.. with the Ukraine Elite !

It all Started with Intense Befriending The Gorgeous Former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko

then things go Real Dirt Shady for Her in 2008 2010 ...

2009 Russia–Ukraine gas dispute
en.wikipedia.org...

“Gas Pipeline Diplomacy”: How Ukraine Opened the Door to A New U.S.- Russia Energy War
www.globalresearch.ca...

US and Germany want gas hub in Ukraine - Naftogaz director
Published time: July 02, 2014 15:02
rt.com...

Canada, U.S. want to wean Ukraine off Russian energy
Natural Resources Minister Greg Rickford, U.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz sign bilateral deal

CBC News Posted: Sep 18, 2014 11:45 AM ET
www.cbc.ca...

WAR IS A RACKET
The World Is Really a Business...

U.S. Hopes Boom in Natural Gas Can Curb Putin

By CORAL DAVENPORT and STEVEN ERLANGERMARCH 5, 2014
www.nytimes.com...

Get ready to be Pawns in a OIL/GAS War... for the Elite..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, who did something deliberately and knew what was going to happen but did it any ways ?

...and who didn`t wanted it to happen ?

So who`s responsible, the ones who did want it to happen, or the ones who didn`t want it to happen ?

Let`s see if logic has returned ?

edit on 17 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Try not to lump me in with most other Americans. I am American only by legality. Though I love my country of origin, I plan to naturalize as a Japanese citizen which means renouncing my other citizenships. I still need to decide on a Japanese surname. Hrmm.

But to blame only one side when there are two sides at play seems to me, at least, that you should point that perception back at yourself and ask if maybe you're going too easy on the Russian Federation.
edit on 17-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Of course not, you act like almost every other American by immediately pointing towards others to marginalize your own countries its wrong doings.

So you know almost every other American and what they act like...that's pretty impressive.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ahhh okay so we're back to Russia is just reacting to everything and has had no part in causing anything to happen.

Nope, logic still hasn't returned!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Putin allegedly declared at a NATO-Russia summit in 2008 that if Ukraine joined NATO Russia could contend to annex the Ukrainian East and Crimea.

Source

But yet at the same time...

Below is an excerpt from a formerly confidential memo, leaked by Wikileaks, and authored by former US ambassador to Russia, William J. Burns, to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The punchline: the memo is dated February 1, 2008.

Ukraine and Georgia's NATO aspirations not only touch a raw nerve in Russia, they engender serious concerns about the consequences for stability in the region. Not only does Russia perceive encirclement, and efforts to undermine Russia's influence in the region, but it also fears unpredictable and uncontrolled consequences which would seriously affect Russian security interests. Experts tell us that Russia is particularly worried that the strong divisions in Ukraine over NATO membership, with much of the ethnic-Russian community against membership, could lead to a major split, involving violence or at worst, civil war. In that eventuality, Russia would have to decide whether to intervene; a decision Russia does not want to have to face.

Source

Nope, logic still hasn't returned!

Agreed !

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join