It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The Cold War was restarted the moment Russian troops invaded Crimea.

Haven't you had enough of your simple views on life, or is it just so much more comforting to believe that someone has your best interests at heart, too protect you from the baddies.

Fact is, this is NOT going to end well, despite those who are trying to maintain cooler heads, the deception runs too deep....and the attitude you have, is too bloody ingrained for you to know any better.

I never implied it was going to end well. Both sides are doing an unhealthy amount of sabre rattling and it's only a matter of time before a blade is drawn.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Doublepost somehow.
edit on 17-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

INVADED??? Hahahahahahahahahaha

They were STATIONED there buddy!!

The Ukraine government went tits-up because of a US/EU backed coup and Russia simply moved to protect it's massive military interests that had been STATIONED in Crimea since the end of the USSR.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Get my facts straight? Okay. How are these for facts?

Crimea was part of the Ukraine. FACT.
Russian Troops took over the city of Sevastopol. FACT
Guess what? The takeover of any country's sovereign land by a foreign power is the DEFINITION of an invasion. Whether they were already there is irrelevant. They took it over.

Now let's talk about your fact.
A US/EU backed coup? Hmm, doesn't seem to be much, if any, evidence of that, so that's not a fact, that's conjecture.

Seems I'm not the one that needs to get my facts straight.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

INVADED??? Hahahahahahahahahaha

They were STATIONED there buddy!!

The Ukraine government went tits-up because of a US/EU backed coup and Russia simply moved to protect it's massive military interests that had been STATIONED in Crimea since the end of the USSR.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Pretty sure Railgun already mentioned that Russian troops had a status in Crimea because of the Black Sea Fleet being stationed there, and was referring to the deployment of troops above and beyond what Russia is allowed to have in Crimea. It's all spelled out what Russia is allowed to have/keep/maintain in Crimea. Troop levels, armor, artillery, planes. There's also a big difference between maintaining a presence of mostly service and supply troops, as well as naval personnel, with security forces, to suddenly sending in infantry and other combat oriented troops who don't wear any insignia on their uniforms and do things like surround Ukrainian bases.

Russia has actually had a naval presence, more often than not, in Crimea since the late 1700s.

Facts 'n such

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well as ever, None of us knows the ACTUAL events going on in Crimea.

The occupation DOES seem to be about 1000x less violent than the US occupation of Iraq or Afghanistan.

The WEST are making 100x the fuss about Crimea than the CRIMEANS THEMSELVES. Strange that huh ?

And don't kid yourself about what would happen in Okinawa if the same scenario played itself out (revolution/coup in Japan, new gov't wants to join Chinese Union). We would move in a heartbeat to protect our military interests in Okinawa!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

And don't kid yourself about what would happen in Okinawa if the same scenario played itself out (revolution/coup in Japan, new gov't wants to join Chinese Union). We would move in a heartbeat to protect our military interests in Okinawa!

Would "we" declare it a 51st state, do you suppose?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

One: Japanese and Chinese relations are so sour that a "merger" is not in any realistic way going to happen any time in the near to intermediate future.

Two: Japan was never part of the Chinese empire. Some may refer to texts such as the "Three Kingdoms", but this text never implied ownership of Japan, so your analogy here is impossible.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

The cold war never existed and was fabricated by all parties involved to justify the expansion of their military industrial complex, get a freaking grip people.

Sadly many of you are falling for it again, I would laugh it wasn't so freaking sad.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

The cold war never existed and was fabricated by all parties involved to justify the expansion of their military industrial complex, get a freaking grip people.

Sadly many of you are falling for it again, I would laugh it wasn't so freaking sad.

Of course... the Korean War, Cuban Revolution, Angolan Civil War, Viet Nam War, Hungarian Uprising, Prague Spring Invasion, Russian Afghanistan Occupation and partition of Germany were all filmed on a Walt Disney soundstage, like the Moon Landings and Kennedy Assassination.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This Assumes I would not support a war against Russia.

Sorry but Russia has gone too far the way of the dictator. Rumors from Poland of trying to get them to co-invade Ukraine, rumors from Northern Europe of sub infiltration and plane infiltration, rumors from Syria on support for their dictator, rumors from many places.

If a war was coming, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to join the army. I'm college educated so I'd either be an officer or a government worker, and that's quite a fine choice of career for me in the event of a war.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorman91

I have no taste or desire for war. And luckily where I live most people have no desire for war either. The shadows of two atomic blasts here still loom large over much of the populace. If war does break out, I think Japan will do it's best to stay out of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Judging by your response it's conclusive that you don't even understand what the "cold war" was, did you even read what you typed?

Respond to the wrong thread perhaps?

LOL

**shakes my head and leaves this hilarious fear monger, Jingo thread**

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

You don't seem to understand. The Cold War was self-defining. Meaning, the period of time between 1945 and 1990 is considered by historians and scholars AROUND THE WORLD to be called the "Cold War". I guess you're right and all those historians and scholars are wrong, though.
edit on 17-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Oh we understand, we understand that propaganda groups known as news agencies and tactical strategy thinktanks can tell us all day how to think about things in the world.

The fact that you can easily immediately think that only Russia doing something in Crimea has any sort of "actionable response", is proof of how successful they have become.

Amazing how easy it is for the power elite to dictate how things go, I guess it would be better for us all if everyone just fell in line ??

In Line With WHOM???

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I don't have the desire to get into conspiracy theory territory with you. The Cold War was the Cold War. It was a SELF-DEFINING period of history. That is the name it was given.

I deal in facts. Facts show Russia is militarily involved in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. The rest of the world is reacting to these actions. Propaganda flies from both sides. You need to look beyond both sides and come to your own conclusion. I have done the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: DJW001

Judging by your response it's conclusive that you don't even understand what the "cold war" was, did you even read what you typed?

Respond to the wrong thread perhaps?

LOL

**shakes my head and leaves this hilarious fear monger, Jingo thread**

How can he understand what the Cold War was if, as you stated, it never existed?

Curious that

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I deal in facts. Facts show Russia is militarily involved in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. The rest of the world is reacting to these actions.

Why be only selective about the facts you want to deal with instead of dealing with them all ?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

What other facts am I missing?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun Take a history lesson mate, Crimea was russian before you and me was born.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join