It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I was referring to my post here...

Source

...I simply couldn`t believe it when I read it...

I'm to the point where I want to see the world burn before I die. My faith in humanity is at an all time low.

So I can understand you.
edit on 16 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Except the United States controls the petrodollar. Oil is traded in said petrodollar. That's why we have not crashed yet. We will do anything to keep it that way I might add. Please don't shoot the messenger. Empires rise and fall but the human condition will always live on.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

from your article

7. [ color=yellow] Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

how can anyone believe what comes out of the media machine beats the # out of me.....

How can this not start a war? Is this were you want your tax dollars going? I'm outraged.

and i agree with you war is seemingly close now,russia will not go down without a fight....this much is obvious....i guess thats what we get for letting the money makers dictate the chess board

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Did they buck when the USSR fell? Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ran across THIS story during my ramblings this evening.

What worries me is that our nation continues to doze on, unaware, while stories like this become more and more frequent...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Did they buck when the USSR fell? Something to think about.

....just because it happened before does not mean it will again......maybe putin learn't from his predecessors mistakes.....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

My guess is, they would have seen such a thing coming because they experienced it before and they might actual try to play along with bending the strength of the attackers.

Russia has enough Dollars to pay its foreign creditors, it`s the businesses who would default and who will be screwed by that?, the ones who have the outstanding loans, western banks.
edit on 16 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You people just don't want to understand that this one really ,really, is.................a war for peace...............?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

We'll see. KGB doesn't impress me anymore than the CIA does.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

While I don't buy into the whole "IT WAS A CIA COUP" thing as there's no evidence to support it, Russia unequivocally invaded and occupied Ukrainian sovereign territory. That in my mind was the start of this new cold war.

Well,,,, What did The USA DO in the Last 10 Years

We Should of Invaded Saudi Arabia and Egypt seeing Those People were the Ones on the Four Planes ! During the Event OF (Fundraiser) 911 Who Does The Major Funding for the New Threat the ISIS ? Saudi Arabia ..

Its a Big Business Folks The World is a Business.. The Russians Has Their Way of Fundraising, For Their Elite Corporations Too...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

yes we will.....i have about much faith in our dear leaders as i do with my 4 year old boy cooking me dinner

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If there's money to be made, we'll sell our souls to the devil for it. Faith in my fellow man is really at an all time low.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

With respect to $30 million for US counter-propaganda efforts:
HR5859

SEC. 8. EXPANDED BROADCASTING IN COUNTRIES OF THE FORMER SOVIET UNION.
(a) In General.--Not later than 90 days after the date of the
enactment of this Act, the Chairman of the Broadcasting Board of
Governors shall submit to Congress a plan, including a cost estimate,
for immediately and substantially increasing, and maintaining through
fiscal year 2017, the quantity of Russian-language broadcasting into
the countries of the former Soviet Union funded by the United States in
order to counter Russian Federation propaganda.

(d) Broadcasting Defined.--In this section, the term
``broadcasting'' means the distribution of media content via radio
broadcasting, television broadcasting, and Internet-based platforms,
among other platforms.
(e) Authorization of Appropriations.--
(1) In general.--There are authorized to be appropriated to
the Broadcasting Board of Governors $10,000,000 for each of
fiscal years 2016 through 2018 to carry out activities under
this section.

(2) Supplement not supplant.--Amounts authorized to be
appropriated pursuant to paragraph (1) shall supplement and not
supplant other amounts made available for activities described
in this section.
[Emphasis Mine]

2016: $10Million
2017: $10Million
2018: $10Million
--------------------
TOTAL: $30Million

Having said that, I believe that most of the time the MSM is clueless and comes up with numbers that they extract from their backsides.

dex

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

7. [ color=yellow] Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

Just bananas man. Adult children, really.

Conceptually its not such a bad idea considering how Russias media has been not exactly impartial in recent years according to what ive read. But if the nature and content of the programming is anything like the nature of these laws which i suspct it may be, then its not going be a good thing for Russia at all. This is more than just about re balancing the perspectives in this media, not, dont let that fool you, this is a mechanism for regime change. Think Maidan 2.0, but we will see how this plays out. It could backfire, and become the laughing stock of Russian media. it will be interesting to watch though. And hey at lest they are being transparent by calling it propaganda already lol. i think that's the first time ive ever heard of the American government calling spade a spade. Well played guys, you really earned you stars and stripes whoever wrote that one

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You people just don't want to understand that this one really ,really, is.................a war for peace...............?
HAHAHA nice werk.. knowing ats currently i think many of the members may intentionally try to have a hard time understating you.. a cold war brain freeze or something..

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

You`re complaining about beatings while Americans loves those kinds of things ?

I'm to the point where I want to see the world burn before I die. My faith in humanity is at an all time low. Nothing I can do to change the narrative, so I'll watch as the world falls into chaos. I'll still open doors for little old ladies and save a person choking. Politics and religion can go away and I wouldn't bat an eye. I'd cheer and say humanity has won a fight they it should have won a long long time ago. I can still dream can't I?

And that is exactly what they have been striving so hard to hear, nothing makes those who control things, which has NOTHING to do with humanity, get chills and SPIKES OF POWER, and whatever passes for JOY, MORE, than hearing somebody actually believe that human nature, or humans at all are orchestrating this play.

This crap going on here, reaches much farther than planet earth my friend, you will not be getting any escape from it ever, unless those who run it all, get whats coming to them....total deletion.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The Cold War was restarted the moment Russian troops invaded Crimea.

Haven't you had enough of your simple views on life, or is it just so much more comforting to believe that someone has your best interests at heart, too protect you from the baddies.

Fact is, this is NOT going to end well, despite those who are trying to maintain cooler heads, the deception runs too deep....and the attitude you have, is too bloody ingrained for you to know any better.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Obama has always been too lenient with Russia. I'm not saying Obama needs to declare the US invading Russia but Putin has made a mockery out of Obama's entire foreign policy.

Words do not work on Putin, actions do. Maybe these sanctions will have the desired effect or maybe it will be made worse. It seems like it's worth trying though.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Except the United States controls the petrodollar.

What good is US currency when the US has not been buying oil since 2010?

The U.S. exported more gasoline, diesel and other fuels than it imported in 2011 for the first time since 1949, the Energy Department said.

Russia has plenty of oil and gasoline for its own needs so if they respond to US protectionist policies by shifting to non-interventionism or even an isolationist ideology there is unlikely to be any "war".

The fact that the US national debt is 90 times that of Russia may leave Russia less vulnerable. Their currency has devalued by 50 percent this year but the "Russian debt" is denominated in Russian Rubles lol!

A five year old would probably predict a US default followed by Ron Paul style Austerity.
Of course the same five year old in the 60's would have believed the twin towers were PO if they had recently seen a chimney demolition.

I have to believe the CIA, KGB, MI6 are all smarter than a 5 year old unless IQ's go over 400 LOL!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I find this pretty disgusting myself.

Though, I didn't see in the article where it mention who did this and whose party they are affiliated with.

Problem we have is and underlying single majority party, the big government progressive party. The majority of Dems and Reps alike belong to it. With those big govt ideas, they have their own differences like handing out goodies, fighting their internal enemies, or the other side having an overwhelming military and skewed view of social issues of religion.

They both want irs targeting, big brother etc.

I'm socially democratic and fiscally conservative, a libertarian saying leave me the hell alone. This underlying party is going to be the end of us I believe.

Another thing, we are not in the room, whose to say this won't be a good thing, and this is the only way it can get passed. Think of all the shady deals and "laws" being created of late. It seems since this president has taken the reigns all of Washington has been a big game to "get around" something such as the rule of law.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join