It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It has been coming down since a Russian group decided not let themselves getting plundered by the West anymore.

...and I guess you`re still being clueless about The West trying to repeat `98 (try to look at the other posts too and actual read them).

There is no two parties who are responsible, only one party who`s trying to crush Russia again after `91 and `98.

"Plundered by the West" bwahahahaha. A few months ago I was in Barcelona and the port was full of over 100 foot long mega yachts, all with Russian flags and ports of call. Russian petrobillionairs at play.

This is a land grab by Putin just like the early land grabs by Hitler in the late 1930's because he wants and needs a good Black Sea port.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: intrptr

So, this isn't evidence of an invasion of Russia. Why do you post it as such?

I never said the train was "invading Russia". I "showed" a train full of US Military heavy war machines, heading east, three hundred Km from the Russian border.

Actually what you showed is a train with light vehicles, transport vehicles, an ambulance or two, and a handful of medium armored vehicles. Oh and some tankers and flat beds.

You know, if we want to be totally accurate and such

The "video" shows an M1 Abrams tank, too. Or did you accurately miss that? Nothing heavier on the ground than an Abrams in the US arsenal.

By the way, M1 Abrams never travel alone. They require support elements and a ton of fuel and maintenance. Where theres one M1 Abrams tank, there are guaranteed more close by.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Invading Eastern Europe
Further:

A freight train carrying a whole column of American armored vehicles has been caught on camera in Latvia. Dalbe Railway Station, where the train was reportedly spotted several days ago, is less than 300km from the Russian border. READ MORE: on.rt.com...

Viet weekly

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Plugin

Lo grade mind melds going on here today. "Those aren't tanks on that train heading towards Russia, go about your business. Move along."

They aren't headed toward Russia. They're in Latvia. If they were headed toward Russia it would be all over the news. "TANKS MOVING TOWARD RUSSIA. USA INVASION OF RUSSIA NOW UNDERWAY". Weird, I don't see those headlines. One must logically conclude those vehicles aren't in, or headed toward russia.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Additionally, Latvia ASKED for these armaments as a defensive measure against Russia's aggressive posturing in Ukraine. Fearing they may face grabby hands of Russia next, they requested a NATO presence in Latvia. This is simply the result of that request.

ITAR-TASS "Latvia asks for NATO presence"

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This thread serves as a stark reminder that most respondents don't bother to read the subject matter before injecting their opinion.

Good catch, OP and great article. This shows how laws that affect all of us get passed without debate or even being read. I guess we deserve what we get, for allowing this crap to happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You go right on pushing it off the page and I'll keep bringing it to the top of the next one.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sorry, what? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So, this isn't evidence of an invasion of Russia. Why do you post it as such?

I never said the train was "invading Russia". I "showed" a train full of US Military heavy war machines, heading east, three hundred Km from the Russian border.

Actually what you showed is a train with light vehicles, transport vehicles, an ambulance or two, and a handful of medium armored vehicles. Oh and some tankers and flat beds.

You know, if we want to be totally accurate and such

The "video" shows an M1 Abrams tank, too. Or did you accurately miss that? Nothing heavier on the ground than an Abrams in the US arsenal.

By the way, M1 Abrams never travel alone. They require support elements and a ton of fuel and maintenance. Where theres one M1 Abrams tank, there are guaranteed more close by.

Apparently I did miss it. Though I did see vehicles resembling tanks, minus the turrets and gun tubes. Guess I'll go look frame by frame for it.

So one tank is "heavy war machines" now? Really?

Thank you for explaining how you think military vehicles are moved by train. Though I will say I never saw one tank moved by train, solo, in all my time. Fortunately you've cleared that up for me though.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Additionally, Latvia ASKED for these armaments as a defensive measure against Russia's aggressive posturing in Ukraine. Fearing they may face grabby hands of Russia next, they requested a NATO presence in Latvia. This is simply the result of that request.

ITAR-TASS "Latvia asks for NATO presence"

Considering just how nasty the Russians were to the Baltic states when they invaded at the beginning of WWII, again after re-invading at the end of WWII and during the cold war, no kidding they want some security from an increasing imperialistic Russian Federation.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

And where's the proof this was even filmed in Latvia? I seem to remember a number of videos showing Russian troops and military vehicles in Ukraine but they were all dismissed because there was no proof it was actually filmed in Ukraine. Let's apply that same standard here.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Authoritarians and Fascists will protect their self interest as their God Ayn Rand tells them.

I guess someone wasn't paying attention the the last 6 years of hope,and change.

Dunno what the hell Rand has to do with anything.

Since we lost the cold war, and have become communist.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Somebody needs to identify the train engine.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Somebody needs to identify the train engine.

Looks Latvian

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

(II) the national interests of the
United States would be adversely
affected by the application or
maintenance of such sanctions;

I like that one. Never mind that the sanctions imposed already are adversely effecting Europe, so long as it doesn't effect us. Nice. Lick our boots Europe and like it!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While this thread was quite expertly derailed right from the very first post, no-one seems to want to comment on the actual contents of this new bill, which are pretty damn scary if anyone wants to take the time to read them.....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Sec. 4. (b) (3)

Contingent sanction relating to gazprom.

--If the President determines that Gazprom is withholding significant
natural gas supplies from member countries of the North
Atlantic Treaty Organization, or further withholds significant
natural gas supplies from countries such as Ukraine, Georgia,
or Moldova, the President shall, not later than 45 days after
making that determination, impose the sanction described in
subsection (c)(7) and at least one additional sanction
described in subsection (c) with respect to Gazprom.

So we are "forcing" Russia to sell gas to Europe?

Means nobody else can supply the volume?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Lemee guess…

You mean the part that says, "Everything we are about to do to Russia is all their fault"?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And where's the proof this was even filmed in Latvia? I seem to remember a number of videos showing Russian troops and military vehicles in Ukraine but they were all dismissed because there was no proof it was actually filmed in Ukraine. Let's apply that same standard here.

Thanks Slayer…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Ruble fell to a historic low earlier today.

finance.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (AP) -- The Russian ruble came under intense selling pressure Tuesday, falling at one point by a catastrophic 20 percent to a new historic low despite a massive pre-dawn interest rate hike from Russia's Central Bank. Russian officials were clearly rattled even though state television urged citizens not to panic.

"The situation is critical," Deputy Central Bank chairman Sergei Shvetsov was quoted by Russian news agencies as saying. "We could not have imagined what is happening in our worst dreams."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join