It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Who forced Russia to do anything? Who forced Russia to intervene? So some things happened that Russia didn't like and wasn't happy about so....they send troops over and above what they're allowed to into another country? They have their troops surround military bases in said country?

So essentially Putin throws down the gauntlet by saying "well if this happens we will respond" and "if this doesn't happen then we will do this." So I guess really we should just let Putin call the shots for all of Europe. Because if America, NATO, Ukraine, Poland, and everybody else had just listened to what Putin and Russia wanted well then gee whiz none of this would've happened!

Glad we agree on something at least!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You`re forgetting Chechen, Georgian, Libyan and Syrian Wars were preceding it all...

...I would have seen this board exploding if an ally of the US was attacked..."oops, I hadn`t seen it that way."

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Haven't forgotten anything dude. I haven't forgotten that the U.S. had a hand in things. Just like I haven't forgotten that Russia isn't the victim you obviously want them to be so desperately.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

But you`re well aware this all part of the US World hegemony plan, Zbigniew Brzezinski/The Grand Chessboard ?

Source

...and has not so much to do with what the Russians did or not do, unless it lets itself be weakened and controlled by The West ?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: 8675309jenny

A striking difference between Crimea and Okinawa is that Japan controls whether or not the U.S. maintains an active military base on Okinawa. Should Japan want America out, rather than take control of Okinawa and declare it State number 51, they will oblige, and politely pull out.

You honestly believe that ? I mean really?

They've pushed numerous times, and we always negotiate it away. If push really came to shove, we wouldn't let go of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh come on!

The Cold War restarted! Don't cha' think that's a tad bit of a stretch?

Really?

Smh

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: 8675309jenny

A striking difference between Crimea and Okinawa is that Japan controls whether or not the U.S. maintains an active military base on Okinawa. Should Japan want America out, rather than take control of Okinawa and declare it State number 51, they will oblige, and politely pull out.

You honestly believe that ? I mean really?

They've pushed numerous times, and we always negotiate it away. If push really came to shove, we wouldn't let go of it.

Enh. Not really. Most Japanese don't mind US forces being in Japan, but they don't like there being as many as there are. The ones who don't want to have them at all largely reside in Okinawa, where most of the forces are located.

And there are plans to redeploy about 9,000 service members to places outside of Japan such as Hawaii, Guam, and Australia. Won't happen overnight, but it was a bilateral change to the treaty in place.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh ya you people are doomed. But seeing most of these people were put into power by you all. Well what can i say, its a bound to be a coming. Besides bro, if politicians actually could effect any change they would be keept far away from politics, even the presidency works the same way. basically they want stupid people and they thrive on stupid people, especially the ones that think there smart.

But in all I am not sure a new world war eventually is all that bad. It would lets just say fix a lot of problems. But then again, ah who knows. But this whole cold war thing is just silly. It was only rhetoric even back then, mostly propaganda on the news so the worker drones keep at there tabs. Ya the whole thing was basically just fake, tag team wrestling and nobody was actually interested in actually starting a war, most especially since both economies were booming by all the pressure on both sides. I mean look at all the advancements we had in that era that came directly because of mostly the technological advances which were brought on because of the constant looming threat of war.

It's the practical starting point of the whole war machine to keep our economy going and booming. Now a days, well things have changed, both to the extent that the war machine is keeping our economy going because of war, let just say they keep trying to retry the model done in the cold war but the results are never quite the same. And so we got proxy wars, and well, now we got proxy wars with Russia. Basically I do not think another cold war with Russia would work at all. Why you ask? Well as before they may not play the tag team partner because they cant afford it now a days, and that cold war will likely eventually turn into an actual real war. And if back in the 40's if both parties were not benefiting from having a cold war? Well we today would likely still be rebuilding from that fiasco.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
No the skirmishes in the Ukraine started the moment they all decided and there politicians to play part and parcel with there countries resources and borders all to court favors for different interests and off course to get paid, and the moment western interests decided to slowly creep into Russian quote on quote territories.

But you know you never hear about that on the news here. It was all just a bad idea, you know you got two superpowers just rubbing themselfs the wrong way by covert means, and off course everybody plays the liberator card these days. But its bound to blow up now and then. Though funny that no? How all these supposed freedom fighters on both sides and both claiming there fighting for Ukraine, a practical home grown lad just ready to fight for Ukraine's freedoms. And well, all these freedom fighters or rebels or whatever both of them started by shelling some sleepy village and blowing up grandmas house. No doubt it was all part of the plan to liberate them.

The first act in such things, in proxy wars, is to muddy up the waters, and then just start killing people to get other people pissed off, you know maybe put it on the news or something. And then? Well, # is bound to happen sooner or latter. But a cold war, ya I do not think that would work in this day and age, and not now. You know Russia may not play that game back like they used to, because frankly they simply can not afford to anymore.

So ya! Even if they try for a cold war, eventually that is going to blow up in there faces...But then again maybe that is what they want, after all its not like the ones who sign on the dotted line are going to be anywhere near any of that.
Who knows eh! I am sure the TV will inform us all on what is going on eventually.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What the hell somebody actually compared this to the Japanese bases?

Um! I do not think this would work anywhere near as well. Somehow I do not think having US army basses practically on Russian door steps is going to go down so easy with Russians and especially there government, as it did for the Japanese people and there government?

There may be some hiccups with that idea, and probably a bunch of people dying as well. But hey everybody is complaining about the overpopulation problem, this is a good a way as any to begin on the path to solving that ity bitty problem. If you believe in overpopulation theory that is, myself I have seen people believe in stupider things.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yawn, Stretch. Scratch.

Kids these days! They get scared of everything so easily!

I read through all that garbage and found nothing of substance to provoke such an extreme and fearful reaction.

Settle down. They sky isn't falling. I lived through decades of worse than what you proclaim may end us all in a short two years vis a vis a "cold war". You're so busy worrying over inconsequential overseas gibberish you're being fed, talking all wild-eyed about " The shadow gov and their owners are back with a vengeance and IMO, they are not letting go this time" and "What you do and say in the next two years may define the next 200. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES JOIN THE US MILITARY!" that you've not even noticed what already IS, right under your nose.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, you make such enlightened pronouncements as "Authoritarians and Fascists will protect their self interest " as if this is some kind of new thing you just now noticed - have you slept entirely through the last 20 years or so? This didn't just happen last Thursday, and it's certainly nothing new. We're not "about to" enter an authoritarian regime in the next couple of years - we are already IN one, and have been for a while now. It's not going to get worse - it already IS worse.

You say things in the OP like "But something very sinister happened in this last election. Maybe this was the last election as you've come to understand them? They really went "all in" with this one. The money, the propaganda, the media collusion." as if you think the world just suddenly took a turn towards the dangerous on a Thursday in December, a pinpoint in time.

I urge you pay attention now and in the next two years. This is a view behind the curtain. What you are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. Corporations and their army of automatons are going for the throat. The only chance to stop them is to totally abandon the two party system and demand the electoral college be eliminated. Massive campaign finance reform is needed to get the reigns back.

My God! take a breath, man!

But there, right there, just barely peeking out fro other words is the whole key to this tirade... in the next two years. This is just another of the Chicken Little "the sky is falling and we're all gonna DIE because them evil 'Publicans is in power NOW!" threads, all because it upsets you THAT much that your opponents gained a couple seats in government. You think two years from now all will be well if you can just head off those EVIL 'Publicans and put your own guys back in control of everything... well, they've been there already, and where has that gotten us? Here. Here is where it's gotten us. "Here" being the condition of authoritarianism that you are so blinding willing to ignore, just as long as it's "your guys" doing the authoritarian shot-calling.

Sigh.

I'm going back to sleep now. Wake me up if anyone starts mentioning MAD again like they used to in relation to that Russian thing. Watching people react to BS back then was every bit as entertaining as it is still. But all this running in circles and arm waving and screaming dire, bloody murder just because your opponents gained a couple seats in government? Not entertaining any more. It's getting downright boring and predictable.

So wake me up again if anyone mentions any exciting, entertaining stuff.

Like MAD.

Stretch. Yawn. Scratch.

ZZZZZZZZZ....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Because everyone who buys from OPEC uses the petrodollar, not just the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Here's the real deal for myself anyway. I don't care anymore. This has been going on since man came on the scene. Nothing new. I see it for what it is now. Nothing I do will be for the machine even though some things may slip through. I'll stick with friends and family and the rest of the world can kiss my natural white ass, or at least the greedy and evil.

You know what? I see more good now in people around here than I used to. It's not bitterness or even giving up, it's therapeutic. Sometimes you just have to let # go. I'm sure the world will figure it out one day but I'll be gone. I'll probably die happy. I don't care what the world thinks of me, only what the people in my life think.

That's all I truly have to give.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Cauliflower

Because everyone who buys from OPEC uses the petrodollar, not just the United States.

Do you even know what the Petro dollar is??? It's used to price oil by stock markets and investors. Say you have 2 countries with different currencies. They price oil In US dollars and than no matter what currency the two countries have they just need to know there currency value against the US dollar. One the US dollar is not the only currency used number two this transaction doesn't require US dollars to complete just need to know the value.

Why does everyone think money is being made somehow it's not. The only advantage to US economy is they don't have to do currency conversions because it's all ready priced in US dollars. It amazes me how a lack of economics knowledge leads people to create fantasies of world domination.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No lack of it...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I suggest you look into the Saudi Arabian monetary fund. This is there central bank in Riyadh you fell for Internet rumors. They currently are the 4th largest bank on the world and recieves oil revunis from the Saudi Government. Your video is nothing but Internet rumors that people get away with because transactions of the federal reserve are not available to the public.

This means people can make up anything they like but currency exchanges are a two way street. US must carry foreign currency as well to make transactions with other Central banks. Take the time to look into the world market instead of watching YouTube videos.

By the way the Saudis are doing real damage to the US economy right now there making a move to take the US out of the oil business. Shale is mire expensive so even though they have a larger reserve it's more expensive to process. And by keeping prices low makes it difficult for the US to spend money to increase production.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Take the time to look into the world market instead of watching YouTube videos.

- I called the bottom in the stock market when it happened `09

- I called QE a month before it happened

- I called silver at 9$ to be making a huge ramp up, it went up to 40$+

- Advised people to buy a stocks which made solid profits

- I told people almost 6 years ago about computers who did the trading, before anyone mentioned it the news

- Learned people to trade on the oil/stock-market connection

- ...on window dressing

- ...on option expiration

...and yet I only know how to play YouTube vids.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Source

Wow you sure picked a doozy of a source there Rense.com.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

But you`re well aware this all part of the US World hegemony plan, Zbigniew Brzezinski/The Grand Chessboard ?

You really need to stop as he backs the plan for what the US is doing in Ukraine, and with Syria....

www.msnbc.com...

Update your source from the cherry picked quotes as they don't show the context as to why those quotes were said.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tanith47

What worries me is that our nation continues to doze on, unaware, while stories like this become more and more frequent...

You can all the military hardware you want, but if you can't afford to keep them up what good are they?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join