It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well he uses the polices put into place during the previous admin then I guess the answer is yes

Not sure how you measure the divide and conquer, I'm sure the conservative tree house figured it out tho.
Econ is all cooked numbers for our fake system anyway, seems it is doing better but who really knows.
Guess it was better in your eyes previously

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No it sucked under all the presidents. So you're sticking with blaming Bush? Figured there's nothing else but that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No, I am not blaming bush, just said that he is using the same policies that the guy before him did.
Which was part of my original point of all he as done is extend what was done before him.
So how can you be the worst, when you are doing the same things as the guy before you?
They are all the same, and everyone is the 'worst' one till the next guy gets in.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

He expanded the bad policies of the one before him while claiming he wouldn't. I don't see that as being anything but worse.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Unless of course that next guy promises to undo the dastardly policies put in place by the previous guy before him, in order to get elected into that position. But then, once elected, never does actually undo anything, but (as you pointed out) extends those previous policies even further.

But, as that is off-topic......isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Why cause he lied to you!?

Don't trust anything a president says, it won't let you down as much. But I am sure you already knew that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

if hippa stands and not every one is sure it will they have zero right to know who is mentally ill at all unless some one admits it

to be clear being mentaly ill on its self is not enough to disqualify you from fire arms ownership you have to have been forcibly committed against your will (you can check your self in as long as you dont say you wanted to off your self) for a 72 hour hold(there is a term for it but i cant remember off hand)

i have bipolar axis 5 and yet magicly i have not spontaneously burst in to rage and shoot up people or ever hurt a child or even contemplated such heinous actsfunny how good impulse control can keep you out of trouble dispite a mental illness.

if im in a bad mood or manic i eat some food and smoke a cigaret and just take a few deep breaths. only been in three fights in my hs days and because i have zero criminal record my firearm rights are intact,and the only time i have ever been in a mental hospital is when i worked at one.

i have an extensive arsenal ranging from antique black powder weapons all the way up to a crank fired grunov(belt fed semi automatic tripod mounted weapon that fires like an auto w a crank like a Gatling gun)

funny you hear the calls and bellows of "shal not be infringed" from most of the right and yet it seems it should be presented with an asterisk now and be "shal not infringe*" unless your mentaly ill a minority or could potentaly look scary to some person at some place in the world.

all this persecution and stigma pointed at the mentally ill community is gonna accomplish is less people getting treatment for fear of loosing their second amendment rights and or just ignore treatment all together and by doing that you are insuring that the FEW vocal members of the mentally ill comunity that would have been caught in treatment (for talking about wanting to go off a bunch of people for example) and drive them underground where they will only show up on peoples radar when they light them up with a most likely stolen firearm.

you want to do anything involving this issue with the mentally ill community actually DO something when one of them says they are gonna go nuts and shoot a bunch of people instead of ignoring it until they snap. but when one of them says that they do have plans to go nuts and the apparent means to do it then and only then throw the fracking book at them and lock them up BEFORE they act instead of just waiting to see if they are serious and even this would be hard from a medical privacy stand point.

i know slightly off topic but this is something i take seriously if we look at the bulk of the shooters that were confirmed mentally ill what was one of the more common trends? they wrote frigging essay length manifestos stating their intentions and no one did anything. from lanza to brevick to rogers the one in santa barbra with the full on anti woman "im gonna kill you all rants" they gave out signs for years and yet no one acted and we all get surprised when some one that has stated intent to commit a crime actually went out and did one and with the recent shooting in washington what was his twitter filled with? veiled threats and a person obviously on the verge of snapping and yet no one did anything about it until after they strike and then the cries of those dangerously mentally ill people come back to full force and thus the stigma starts and the cycle begins again.

and as one final point the crux of the matter on the individuals who do snap is usually the same too,they feel isolated sad depressed and like society has given up on them and because of this they see a mass shooting as there only chance for recognition and fame beyond their tedious sad lives so to them once they reach a certain point they decide well no one ever listened to me or noticed me so im gonna write a crazy letter and then take my rage out on the world and thus the media gives them in death what they could not gain in life....attention fame and their name ringing from the roof tops and to them they would not be un-notcied or ignored any longer,this is not to excuse them in anyway shape or form just explain that when we plaster this stuff all over the media in 24 hour cycles we are giving them the motivation to commit these crimes by showing them the only way they will ever get attention is violence . stopping this group is much easier next time (and dont kid your self there will be next times) instead of telling their side of the story and why they snapped and plastering their name and photo all over the place give them nothing but the anominity they had in their twisted sad tortured lives.no fame no recognition no even using their names and that the only attention they should get is from the coroner who autopsy the corpse in hopes of identifying what DOES make a true mass killer snap and what can be done to prevent such things.

some supporting links
en.wikipedia.org...
www.scpr.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Can you tell me the last president that didn't say one thing to get elected and then not do something completely different?

Just saying, they are all the worst president we currently have but they all fall right in line with each other as far as what they did when you look at it.
And ya I'll be done with it, drifting away

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Oh please, don't resort to pettiness because people know Obama's the same as every other president. So do you have anything else but ignorance?

I don't own a gun I don't even know how to work one. But I realize without them, conquest over us would be easier. That's why they're waging a war on our freedom.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yes the same as every other one, but not undoubtedly the worst ever.
Cause one cant be the same as you just said and the worst ever at the same time right?
I guess we do agree

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: windword

A well armed militia is a threat to their power, just like an educated and informed population.

I blame the Dems for the first and Repubs for the later. But they should be scared. Very scared.

Check this out. These are people that came to protest police brutality in New York. Imagine of they are were armed and angry!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Under Obama you can have:silencers, tracer rounds, assault weapons, and slide fire stocks to simulate automatic weapons fire.

Despite all the hyperbole this administration is pretty gun friendly.

Stremmos80 check your PMs. You were right last night and I was wrong, glad you didn't take that bet.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

People don't have to prove their innocence to get a gun, just not have a felony.

or certain misdemeanors involving violence.
or certain drug charges
or resisting arrest
or having been declared mentally ill
or if you have an open protection order against you
or if you are dealing with open charges for any of the above

so yeah, you cant LEGALLY just waltz in and get a gun

adams fault. moms fault.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Despite all the hyperbole this administration is pretty gun friendly.

I don't know that I can agree with you there. Far from being friendly to gun rights advocates, I would argue that this administration has simply lacked the congressional votes to ram its agenda through. They did, for instance, strongly support Feinstein ban proposal on assault weapons and magazines over 10 rounds last year.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I look over at my AR-15 and 4 magazines that hold 25 rounds each and humbly disagree.

I think it's the very ability to say one thing while doing the exact opposite that is the hallmark of not only this administration but politicians in general.

Under this administration not only Americans get assault rifles but Mexican drug gangs too !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Under this administration not only Americans get assault rifles but Mexican drug gangs too !

I suppose you have a point there, lol. Sad but true.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Did the US gov't get sued when that guy stole the tank and terrorized LA with it?

I mean they commissioned the unstoppable mobile killing device....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I saw an interview with the attorney for this. He had to find a way around the immunity Bush gave the gun sellers or NRA or something like that. He says he found one by finding the documentation from WW1 that AR15's (M16's) was only meant for trained military and war, not private. Just relaying what I heard cause I don't know about this immunity thingy.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: windword

A well armed militia is a threat to their power, just like an educated and informed population.

I blame the Dems for the first and Repubs for the later. But they should be scared. Very scared.

Check this out. These are people that came to protest police brutality in New York. Imagine of they are were armed and angry!

If you look closely.....down at bottom left....its a Mickey Dees flag. Thats just the morning rush 2 for 1 day on big macs.
edit on 16-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The standard for this civil suit is "forseeability", which ironically is met in this case. (to a degree...imo) I've seen some tortured logic in the courtroom though.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join