It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Next time I get in a car crash and it's my fault, ill just tell them sue my automobile maker not me! Genius...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I thought they found the Bushmaster in the trunk and he only used handguns...........Am I wrong? If I am right this entire event needs to be questioned for what it truly is.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
say can anyone tell me the difference between an evil bushmaster and a cute fluffeh bunneh ruger mini in terms of lethality rate of fire mag capacity and so on? cause you know one is a big scary black gun and the other is all cuteness and light?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Well assuming you're talking about the Mini-14, they are very similar. The Ruger shoots .223 rounds while the AR shoots 5.56 rounds. Both can be shot out of a 5.56 rifle, but a 5.56 round is too powerful for a .223 Mini IIRC. Mag capacity depends on what mags you buy. You can get the same style 100 round drum for the Mini as you can for the AR. www.perfectunion.com...
Lethality is almost the exact same as well. A buddy of mine had a Mini 14 and it would shoot as fast as you could pull the trigger, same as most semi-auto rifles. The Mini might even have an accuracy boost if the barrel is longer than on an AR but I don't know the specs.

On the main topic, I agree with most here that what the families are going through is terrible but suing Bushmaster is a waste of time and money and really paints the parents in a bad light. Suing won't bring their kids back.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
According to the Forensics Report of the Sandy Hook incident, None of Lanza's DNA was found on any part of the Bushmaster.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A link to the report, and images thereof, are found on the first page of that thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: stormbringer1701

On the main topic, I agree with most here that what the families are going through is terrible but suing Bushmaster is a waste of time and money and really paints the parents in a bad light. Suing won't bring their kids back.

Anti gun interest are in this most likely. With them just stirring it up is sometimes the aim not really caring about a ruling at this point.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Answer???

MORONS.. Every single person backing this crap.

Plain and simple morons.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What!?

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. These "parents" are piggybacking off the loss of their kids? For what? This solves nothing! NOTHING! Honestly having a lot of doubts about this whole thing now... seriously, wtf!?

Didn't the parents make money already off the backs of their children through donations??

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So funny to see people in any other thread about SHES the actions of the parents are protected and can't be questioned.
But make it about guns and those very same people will turn around and call them morons.
And this isn't about the mods and how they treat the claims of no deaths or anything like that just the every day posters that will berate people for daring to question the motives of the families that lost kids that day.

This suit isn't going anywhere and we all know it. Get the hell over it people. No one is taking your guns

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Dammit!!! I'm gunna sue Mcdonalds for making me FAT!

edit on 16/12/2014 by hudsonhawk69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lol messed up world we live in

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

OK so my step-dad passed away from a car crash with a Chevy truck, So i should be able to sue. Chevy. he had goodyear tires. so goodyear as well and i bet the guy worked on his truck at autozone or napa. So i should be able to take them to cort as well?
The State put down the roads. so the state as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My goodness. All of those "crisis actors" are really, really committed to the lie, lol...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: St0mP121

Yep. In the Progressive world that we have now.....yes.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So if a highschooler internet bullies another highschooler to death, could the family sue the kid along with the comp manufacturer, internet provider, browser or chat client, etc, etc? Crazy world...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
HEY I have an idea. Why don't we lock our guns away, lock the bullets away, don't let crazy relatives have access to our guns? Or just stop killing. Any of those choices might help.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Personal responsibility. That's what it comes down to. If you prevent access, you can help prevent deaths.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Depends how far into the Progressive Rabbit Hole the local court has gone.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Ahhhhhh, because that wouldn't stop a thing and everyone knows that.

Your "solution" is basically hyper-dramatic reactions based in fiction.

Death and killings don't stop, and will never stop just because a "law" is put into place. Just as a lock only stops an honest person, a law only stops the law abiding.

I guess you are all for blanket punishments on your kids, when one does wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I agree that will not stop all killing. But it could have stopped this one. Would you rather not see those children alive and Lanza locked away from society as he should have been? I blame the Lanza family entirely. Not the guns or the laws.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join