It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: windword

He's grasping at straws. A "military" weapon, pathetic, money-grubbing scum. Not afraid to say it one bit.

Then,in that case, so is a Colt 45 or M1911 pistol. How many military and police forces either used or presently use that model? Yet, this too is perfectly legal for the public to purchase and use for all lawful purposes. And there are many, many more that fit that description as well.

Where does it end?

History of the M1911 "military assault pistol"
History of the Colt 45 "miltary assault pistol"

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I agree. Painting a broad brush doesn't help anyone. The first problem is defining mental illness in regards to gun legislation. Who is, who isn't? Who's worthy to have freedom and who isn't?

The lawyers will get rich off of this no doubt, but the families want to also. Honestly, are the families alone in this? Are they getting help from anti-gun groups on the side?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
...The lawyers will get rich off of this no doubt, but the families want to also. Honestly, are the families alone in this? Are they getting help from anti-gun groups on the side?

Now that is what should be investigated here. Where is the funding coming from for the legal fees for the families? Are they being funded by the anti-gun movement? Is this effort merely another salvo in the ever present anti-gun push?

Like I said, follow the $$$$ and you will uncover the true nature of this beast.
edit on 12/15/2014 by Krakatoa because: Added more details

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I was going to make the same argument regarding the Beretta 92. They make versions that are very similar, if not identical for civilian sales as the military issues as a sidearm.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

I was going to make the same argument regarding the Beretta 92. They make versions that are very similar, if not identical for civilian sales as the military issues as a sidearm.

Yes, and I challenge the lawyers to find one military that uses the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle in their arsenal (and M-16's don't count as they have the ability to go full-auto or burst 3-fire that the AR-15 does not legally have the ability to replicate).

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Or we can stop questioning the motives of parents that had their kids killed by a person using a gun?

It would be a hard question to get a real answer from cause you can't really know the answer till it happens but I bet the majority of our mothers and fathers would be out to get someone if we were killed.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I try to stay abreast of things related to the weakening of our 2A.

This lawsuit is part of the agenda to do just that, but in a way some of you may not have seen coming. There is currently a push to consider "gun violence" a public health issue. Yep, that's right! There is more than one reason why Tom Frieden is the man in charge at the CDC. This is just another one of Obama's constitution-weakening ploys of his overall agenda.

I wrote about this almost two years ago. Now, with the UN's Arms Trade Treaty going into effect Christmas Eve, the gun issue is about to get real heated. Please pay close attention.

I know ATSers are natural dot-connectors. Some on this site are extremely sharp and tuned in to the Big Picture in ways the average person is not.

Please refresh your memory:

How ObamaCare is linked to the gun grab

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'd have to agree. But that is called revenge, is it not? That has no legal standing where the law is concerned. Unless someone can prove clear negligence on the part of the party accused here, then I see nothing but a selfish money grab. If the weapon malfunctioned and miraculously when burst 3-fire or full-auto at the time, that would be grounds for negligence on the part of the mfg. But, I do not believe that magic transformer gun was involved in this particular case.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Both parties are complicit but it can't be denied Obama's helped destroy this country more than anyone else. It's disgraceful.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Where is the money grab though?

Court is not cheap and neither are top notch lawyers.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It can be denied rather easily, and shown that he has done little but extend the status quo.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Where is the money grab though?

Court is not cheap and neither are top notch lawyers.

Yes, and who gets paid $$ here? C'mon, keep following the money. Who has the best chance to make some coin off of this lawsuit?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Uh huh. And what is taking away more rights, ruining the economy further and dividing the people more than ever? A byproduct of Bush?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Would anyone allow a child to stay with someone if they had a history of mental illness? Of course not....so why should that not apply to guns?

The American court system does that everyday. EVERY day. Their custody/CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT cases almost without fail lead to the parent with the lower income being granted custody so the parent with the higher income is stuck filtering money through CPS' money laundering racket. Your comparison fails.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why not sue the school as well for accepting their children.

Stupid people make the World go round as much as the intellectuals I guess.

This is a pathetic case.

a reply to: neo96

edit on 15-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Grammar!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Guns are the next "cigarette". Gun manufacturers are the new R.J. Reynolds. That, imo, will be the ploy.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yep. I mentioned that earlier as well. Of course, lets assume for a minute that they can sell that line of bunk. If the AR-15 is a military weapon, then couldn't the defense fall back on the US vs Miller decision from the US Supreme Court, that weapons protected by the 2nd Amendment must have a clear value to the militia?

Granted, I don't think this case goes anywhere and will probably get tossed pretty quickly. Its nothing more than a ploy by some lawyers hoping that Bushmaster will settle rather than have to potentially go through a court case and all the bad publicity that will bring.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Then I guess all the gun-protected politicians, wealthy folks and other "important" people will have to give up their health hazards. I doubt they will. Always do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Yep. I mentioned that earlier as well. Of course, lets assume for a minute that they can sell that line of bunk. If the AR-15 is a military weapon, then couldn't the defense fall back on the US vs Miller decision from the US Supreme Court, that weapons protected by the 2nd Amendment must have a clear value to the militia?

That's exactly the problem I see with this angle, as well. How can there be a well armed militia without military type weaponry?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

A well armed militia is a threat to their power, just like an educated and informed population.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join