It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yep, or they could pin it on the school that wasn't 'gun free'.

Second.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Not to mention knives, blunt objects, fireplace pokers....

How many responsible gun owners have kids in their houses? Plenty. It's called a locked safe.

Don't forget hammers, chisels and adjustable metric crescent wrenches.

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Pull up stats on how many mass murders are committed by knives, blunt objects, fireplace pokers, hammers, chisels, and crescent wrenches, and then we can have a proper discussion about your examples.

I wont hold my breath.

Oh Pleeeezzzz with the drama already

Lizzie Borden took an axe ......

The Butcher’s Bill – Non-gun mass murders

Mass Murder Weapons

Forget:

9/11 used no guns !!!!

edit on Dec-15-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

People die from people pointing the guns at other people and pulling the trigger. There is a thread that just popped up where a former marine decided to go and kill his whole exes family with one.

People don't have to prove their innocence to get a gun, just not have a felony.

Look you can have your guns, lets just stop shooting so many people with them

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why not go after the mfg of the ammunition then?

Hell they are trying that too.

They are also trying to make gun owners get insurance.

This whole thing is a farce.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree with all you guys arguing about cars and pills.

We have MASSIVE regulations on who can and can't buy and sell pills, make pills, take pills, handle pills, transport pills, what pills can or cannot advertise, how long they can be taken for, and how to dispose of them.

We also have MASSIVE regulations on who can and can't drive cars, how to drive, where to drive, when to drive, what can be consumed when driving, what else can happen when driving, what can be transported, how big of a vehicle can be driven, by whom, at what time, etc.

Just sayin,

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

What the hell do people think a 'background check is'?

Yeah they do they have to prove they have led a 'perfect' little life by a set standards those shills on capitol hill can't even pass.

edit on 15-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

And look how many people are killed by pills and accidents. Still, after intrusive, red tape regulations.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So... 13? You come back with 13?

There has been a school shooting every 5 weeks since Sandy Hook. That's just school shootings.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And look how many people are killed by pills and accidents. Still, after intrusive, red tape regulations.

Imagine how many it would be without that regulation, eh?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Look you can have your guns, lets just stop shooting so many people with them

What?

Haven't shot anyone.

I have Zero blood on my hands millions of others like me can say the same.

However the morons who write those gun control laws can't say the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As in not committing a felony?
You can get away with a hell of a lot and not catch a felony.
Shoot even then in some states as long as it wasn't violent you can apply to get your right to own back.
Which TBH I am all for, if we are gonna scream about what the constitution says and rather the "well regulated" can be interpreted any which way, seems everyone should be allowed to have on.
Either guns for all, or guns for no one.
But hardly showing you lived a perfect little life.

It wasn't about you btw when i said "you can have your guns, lets just stop shooting people" or what ever I typed.
It is just my general stance on guns, that and either guns for all or guns for none.

edit on thMon, 15 Dec 2014 20:28:08 -0600America/Chicago1220140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Less. Because then there isn't a stigma, no image of rebellion and strength surrounding them. No taboos.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Why is the dad not "in their sights" before the mfg? I'll tell you my opinion, because they have more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ than he does. Follow the money.

Was it the dad's gun? If it wasn't the dad's gun, then I don't see what he has to do with anything.

He didn't kill anyone.
The guns used weren't licensed to him.

He shouldn't be held accountable for the same reasons you saw the mother SHOULD be held accountable.

As his father, HE is MORE responsible IMO than the gun mfg who didn't even know AL, let alone know the mother. How can these parents reach out and try to tag the mfg before the rest of the family that KNEW that AL had mental challenges, knew he had ready access to firearms that he was prevented from owning by a successful application of the system in place? That is my point. They are both ridiculous options. However, the mfg has more $$$$$$$$$$$$ available to siphon away for the lawyers.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Less. Because then there isn't a stigma, no image of rebellion and strength surrounding them. No taboos.

That's pretty naive mindset, or perhaps it is a purposeful mindset because you have run out of valid arguments?

Either way, I can't argue against your opinion, because to do so would be to take it seriously, and I just cant.

link   

a reply to: xuenchen

So... 13? You come back with 13?

There has been a school shooting every 5 weeks since Sandy Hook. That's just school shootings.

Oh the ** Drama **

FBI: More People Killed With Hammers/Clubs Than Rifles

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

What do car accidents and pill overdoes have to do with people searching out and killing some one with a gun?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Nah, I'm just not giving you opportunities to show your obvious biases.

You're not taken seriously, sorry mate.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Why is the dad not "in their sights" before the mfg? I'll tell you my opinion, because they have more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ than he does. Follow the money.

Was it the dad's gun? If it wasn't the dad's gun, then I don't see what he has to do with anything.

He didn't kill anyone.
The guns used weren't licensed to him.

He shouldn't be held accountable for the same reasons you saw the mother SHOULD be held accountable.

As his father, HE is MORE responsible IMO than the gun mfg who didn't even know AL, let alone know the mother. How can these parents reach out and try to tag the mfg before the rest of the family that KNEW that AL had mental challenges, knew he had ready access to firearms that he was prevented from owning by a successful application of the system in place? That is my point. They are both ridiculous options. However, the mfg has more $$$$$$$$$$$$ available to siphon away for the lawyers.

So, everyone with mental illness is a threat and should be treated like one? Interesting point of view, but I don't really subscribe to it.

link   

What does suing a gun maker have to do with someone killing with a gun? There was a fatal stabbing I read about on the news, I think the families should go against SomethingWare.

link   

originally posted by: muchmadness
That's odd. How is the gun manufacturer more to blame than the police officers on the scene who kept the medics away from the school while all those kids bled out? That's who I'd be going after. Or the people in charge of keeping the roadway clear for ambulances so that the only egress from the school wouldn't become a hopelessly congested clusterfudge.

Yes, this is how the law firm for the gun manufacturer should approach it.

They can say, we are not responsible, but the school, the police, the ambulance, Adam Lanza, and the guy who putting up the port a potties in the parking lot and everyone else involved is more responsible than the gun manufacturer.

IF we have a fair system of justice then I see this playing out like this. the Law firm joins the city, the school., the police, the ambulance in the law suit, they can question everyone and get documents being withheld from the public. IMO this will not get far if the attorneys start digging into this. The families will be told to drop it.

But because we now live in stazi state the other scenario is more sinister. The other scenario is that the NSA has run their search engine and come up with some real dirt on Bushmaster, their owners or the management at Bushmaster and the whole lawsuit and settlement have already been extorted. After all that's what the NSA records are for, its like J. Edgar Hoover's secret files except its got everyone in it and its on steroids. IMO its how Blagojevich was convicted. One week he claims the state will no longer do business with Bank of America and the next week he gets arrested. We are being run by the intelligence agencies and its why the direction is not changing, but only picking up speed. They probably also have dirt on Boehner and a bunch of others in congress. If Bushmaster settles and the settlement includes implementation of biometric locks or some other like garbage, then you know that this is the likely scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join