It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown families to announce lawsuit against gunmaker

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hope these families win their case. Gun manufactures and the NRA make their money over our dead bodies, and they fool us into believing what they're doing is patriotic. Them and Congress are the most anti-American entities there are.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

I hope these families win their case. Gun manufactures and the NRA make their money over our dead bodies, and they fool us into believing what they're doing is patriotic. Them and Congress are the most anti-American entities there are.

I hope so also, then I can sue plate and fork manufacturers because I'm fat, I will sue my couch manufacturer also same reason, then candy makers when I get a cavity, and the car maker if I get in an accident, this is going to be great!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Does your crystal ball also have the winning lottery numbers as well?

Lanza, the sickness and disease, not the person, would have found a way. Regardless of the laws.

There are laws already in place that make it illegal to kill, and yet he did.

If one is going to kill, they will kill. Laws don't make it any easier or harder.

Guns didn't kill those young children.

A sick individual did. Plain and simple.

And what grounds would Lanza be locked up for, if he didn't carry out his actions?

Again. Your crystal ball seems to be pretty damn good.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Ohhh look. The same tired old crap.

The NRA has nothing to do with it.

If firearms manufacturers are to blame, then Ford and Chevy are accomplices with Jack Daniels in killing as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Who? Who other than family would have given that person access to a gun? You? For money, for his rights, even tho he did not have enough brains to know he had rights.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I hope they win their case. Sets a president for my lawsuit against God for being bitten buy a when I was just trying to pet the beast. Next I will sue Nike for a knee injury I received when I jumped from a roof top as a child. Next I will sue Ford because a jack slipped and the car landed on my foot. oooo, I can sue Budweiser for making me an alcoholic. Next, on to suing the school that taught me because I am a dumb a$$! must be their fault. Sick

I admit those were all my fault, but seriously, suing a car manufacture because the drunk driver that killed my family happened to drive that model???? No way.
edit on 16-12-2014 by ttropia because: Calmed down some.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So the millions they got in donations from the public and govt. wasn`t enough? I will be interested to see how the families prove their cases when every aspect of this incident has been made secret.From the FBI report to the coroners report, on and on.Maybe at least some long sought answers will come out of this.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What do you do when you find 6 lawyers up to there knees in concrete.

Add more concrete.

How do these lawyers ever think they will get a jury of 12 without any gun owners or people that are pro gun rights or who are not business owners and already don't like frivolous lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Who? Who other than family would have given that person access to a gun?

Doesn't your crystal ball have that answer??
Seems that after he KILLED his mother, he took the firearms. And seeing that he was willing to KILL others, the likelihood that he would kill others for access to a firearm is high.

You? For money, for his rights, even tho he did not have enough brains to know he had rights.

SO now you are not only his therapist, but you can diagnose, from afar, exactly what he was able and not able to comprehend??

Do you make these blanket assumptions when dealing with your kids?

And you never answered the question. If one of your kids did something, you are for blanket punishment right?

edit on 17-12-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AmenStop

I wonder who you'll sue when you realize you're not smart?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Believe what you want. In this instance, what you're saying is exactly what the the NRA wants you to say, as well as the all of the gun manufactures who own the NRA. I support you're right to think whatever you want, even when you're wrong, as long as you're not effecting me.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The gun didn't kill anyone, its just a tool the person at the trigger is partly to blame, shouldn't the family be filing the lawsuit against the ammunition manfucturers instead? after all without he bullets the gun is useless and any such tragedy can be avoided if there are no bullets?
So in that case shoudlnt the family be suing the whole arms industry as well?
As someone in the UK whos planning on getting a firearms license I think that this whole blame culture sucks, people can be A-holes and take a life no matter what they have in their hands. Be it a gun, a knife or even a steering wheel.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Cool story.

So, gun manufacturers "own" the NRA?? SO, you have their financial reports then??

I would really like to see the Proof, any proof that shows what you suggest.

Otherwise, it really is just the same, tired old BS pitched by those that are Anti-2nd.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

My three children are not mentally compromised in any way. They are fully functional, working adults. I would have no problem with them having guns, which they do. If one of my children had been born with mental limitations, I would never let them have a gun. That lady was in denial that her child could not function like the rest of us. Never should he have been given any weapon. Then those Sandy Hook children would still be alive and with their families this year. Take responsibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So how the hell is Bushmaster responsible?

They aren't. Adam Lanza killed him mother and stole the rifle. It's just a frivolous lawsuit, and the judge will throw it out. The families don't have standing to sue Bushmaster.

edit on 17-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Gun manufactures don't 'own the NRA' any more than Nike and Reebok own the NBA.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Who? Who other than family would have given that person access to a gun? You? For money, for his rights, even tho he did not have enough brains to know he had rights.

Nobody gave him access to any weapons. He murdered someone and took their legally owned weapons.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My three children are not mentally compromised in any way.

Are you sure???

They are fully functional, working adults. I would have no problem with them having guns, which they do. If one of my children had been born with mental limitations, I would never let them have a gun. That lady was in denial that her child could not function like the rest of us. Never should he have been given any weapon. Then those Sandy Hook children would still be alive and with their families this year. Take responsibility.

And again, your telling us that you can predict alternate futures. Very interesting.

And you still dodged the question.

You are good with blanket punishment for all your kids, when one did something wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I never owned a gun. I've only fired one two times in my life. My experience with them is very limited, but even I know that guns don't kill people. Want to know how I know this? Take a loaded gun - a rifle, a shotgun, a pistol, anything - and place it on a table.

Leave it there. Stare at it. Draw an outline around it if you need more assurance.

Now if that gun moves of it's own volition, without any direct human contact, and shoots someone, then I will say that guns do indeed kill people.

But so can a knife. And a baseball bat. Or a hammer. Or practically any object regardless of intended function. Heck, I could probably kill someone with a stuffed teddy bear if I really wanted to (stuff the cotton into their mouth, shove the plastic eyes and nose up their nostrils, and then strangle them with the emptied lining). So once gun makers are blamed for gun deaths and injury, I think we should sue any company that makes any product that ends up killing someone.

And I do mean any company. A cousin of mine committed suicide by jumping off a bridge some years ago; I think I'll sue the steel company that made the girders for the bridge.

If they hadn't of cast and shipped the steel for the bridge, after all...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

jesus...don't they have enough money?

this is f**ked up.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join