It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We have no respect for royalty in the US.

I pray it remains that way.

How much good has praying done you in the past?
The US does, indeed, have royalty, just not the anointed kind.

I know.
edit on 10-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The part where he says, "and we bind in perpetuity our successors and legitimate heirs " pretty much covers forever and ever from that day forward.

Not really.

Henry VIII sort of made certain of that.

Surely you've heard of The Reformation?
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a list of Catholic 'martyrs' who were killed simply for being Catholic during the reign of Henry and some of those who followed him.
en.wikipedia.org...

Countless other Catholics were persecuted, tortured and even killed.

Roman Catholics are still the only minority in the UK who are legally discriminated against.

The facts don't really support your premise that the Royal Family are merely custodians for the Papacy.

But I fear we digress.

That they revolted doesn't matter as it was 300 years after the fact. Who could blame them, the Crown was just rented cosmetics. The Pope legally held and still holds the authority the Crown represents for all eternity. The Papacy has never returned that authority in any legal way. The only argument that can be made is that Napoleon dissolved Papal power when he dethroned him, but then that would have made Napoleon's own Crowning as Emperor invalid and just another Papal charade. The legalities of history are fun especially when it is at the expense of Royalty.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

We have no respect for royalty in the US.

I pray it remains that way.

Bs you lot go bonkers over them.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

So while the common man can not find a decent paying job and some are going hungry these elitist scum bag royals are above being touched..........It is time to take away everything these people own and divide it up among the British citizens.

Are the British people really this stupid. Enough is enough these scum bags are nothing more than modern day slave owners. And it is so sad the slaves can not even see it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

They are slaves to us the people......
Look they are part of our way of government and it has worked for hundreds of years.

edit on 11-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Look they are part of our way of government and it has worked for hundreds of years.
[/quot]

They are slave to the people..........HA......HA......HA. They are the elite you are not. The best lie the devil ever told was that he does not exist.....Think about that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: boymonkey74

[/quot]

They are slave to the people..........HA......HA......HA. They are the elite you are not. The best lie the devil ever told was that he does not exist.....Think about that.

What good has believing in the existence of the Devil ever done you?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

What a load of crap.... The idea that the royals still want to imply that they are special underlines how medieval their mindset is. Its discusting and pathetic....

They are humans just like the rest of us, and if they werent succesful at brainwashing people into thinking their are worth their overpaid "status" they wouldnt be able to hold a dayjob.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah and I could say your county is nothing more than a business.
A failing one at that.
Why don't you show a little respect for other countrys way of government. ..we like our style of government.
Bleat all you want but seeing the americam coverage lately on our royal family it looks like if asked most americans would love to have them back.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If . 26 million three hundred and 78 thousand seven hundred and fifty six people died in the right order . That would be MY daughter he was touching .

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Seems like a case of the U.S. press pasting up what they believe we are doing, "getting in a tizzy", which couldn't be further from the truth.

Even the papers quoted barely give it a passing mention. Yeah the royals have a protocol but so does every business. Theirs comes from a time when being touched by the public could spread illness and even now unchecked physical contact could be misconstrued as an assassination attempt in certain circumstances.

I'm sure LeBron got let off with a cold stare from some handler.

As for us the adoring public, we could not give a s***, fair play to him for having a go.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
First Ive heard of this! How dare he blah blah blah. Nah, not all brits are the same. What would happen if Rooney met obama and instantly chucked his manchild hands around him for a picture op without proper permission? Most likely a few Yanks would blow a fuse.

Do some americans believe that the Queen is in charge still? Its not like she ever used any power for her own gain, she serves the people, she even lets her grandchildren (heirs to the throne) join the RAF and go to war zones (Yes, they would never be ground troops on the front line in this day and age).

In my eyes the only things they are good for:

1. Days off
2. Tourism
3. Watching over counties go bat sh*t crazy over them

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Seems to me Americans are more in a tizzy than Brits, all the anti wealth anti privilege posters soon come out of the woodwork! Yet Americans don't mind the Bush dynasty and their wealth, possibly because that wealth came out of the american working class? (what's left of it) .

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Prince Harry served on the front line in Afghanistan, also as an Apache pilot, his uncle, the Duke of York served as a helicopter pilot in the Falkland's bash.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IWasHereEonsAgo

Day job, have you forgotten that Prince William was a helicopter pilot in search and rescue? Harry spent time on the front line in Afghanistan? the duke of York was a helicopter pilot in the Falklands bash? he is also a business ambassador.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I would not be at all surprised to learn that Kate had a secret little thrill from that little hug, as is quite amused that it caused such a stir in certain quarters. I would not mind giving her a hug myself, but, alas, I am not rich or famous enough.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Hahahah I'm British and couldn't give a toss...what a non-story [/yawn]

Here here, not even heard about this non event. Not with a weather bomb hitting Britain this week. A WEATHER BOMB.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Never seen anything like that last night.
Thunder lighting very odd noises I awokeband thought a nuke went off.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hell, as long as we're talking basketball, America, and England...

We Yanks are up 2-0, and don't forget to credit us with an assist for WWII.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join