It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I agree that it is ridiculous, but so is the fact that this man is known as "King" james in the first place. I guess he fits right in with them and their way of thinking - that his $#!t doesn't stink, but the fact that so many people buy right into it and refer to him as "King James" just makes it that much worse. Do these people really need to inflate their egos anymore? Same thing with these idiot rappers like Tyga, who calls himself "King Gold Chains", bunch of ignorant self-absorbed scumbags imo
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There was also the assumption on his part that the Duchess of Cambridge was there to have her picture taken with him, instead of the other way around. He treated her like a fan.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Oh PLEASE, she was a commoner herself what, 4-5 years ago?
Such pansy crap

Of course she was but the point is that an American behaved improperly and not just a basketball player but G.W. Bush (who should have been called King Uncouth) and Michelle Obama who absolutely were briefed in protocol. It creates the impression that Americans are uncouth--and some are.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

We have no respect for royalty in the US.

I pray it remains that way.

Bs you lot go bonkers over them.

Even US stars barter and beg to attend events in the US featuring British royals. On the star scale, the British royals are the pinnacle. It would be interesting to theorize about why.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

That would be horrible. You poor people have an even worse nanny-state then we do in the US.

We are catching up, though.

Why would you think it's OK to put your arm around someone who is essentially a stranger without permission (or at least implied permission based on familiarity)? That's a serious question, by the way.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I am always appalled by the ignorance of people who think they can touch anyone they want, especially true royalty.

Newsflash,, not everyone is touchy feely.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
First Ive heard of this! How dare he blah blah blah. Nah, not all brits are the same. What would happen if Rooney met obama and instantly chucked his manchild hands around him for a picture op without proper permission? Most likely a few Yanks would blow a fuse.

Do some americans believe that the Queen is in charge still? Its not like she ever used any power for her own gain, she serves the people, she even lets her grandchildren (heirs to the throne) join the RAF and go to war zones (Yes, they would never be ground troops on the front line in this day and age).

In my eyes the only things they are good for:

1. Days off
2. Tourism
3. Watching over counties go bat sh*t crazy over them

Prince Harry was a ground troop in a combat zone in Afghanistan until the media leaked his presence at which time he became a security risk for the rest of the soldiers in his unit and was pulled out.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

I am always appalled by the ignorance of people who think they can touch anyone they want, especially true royalty.

'True royalty'. Har.

Katie would be lucky if I rubbed her. The guy who mops the floor under the basket would have had a field day.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

So while the common man can not find a decent paying job and some are going hungry these elitist scum bag royals are above being touched..........It is time to take away everything these people own and divide it up among the British citizens.

Are the British people really this stupid. Enough is enough these scum bags are nothing more than modern day slave owners. And it is so sad the slaves can not even see it.

Try running up to Obama and throwing your arms around him. See what happens. If you don't think most Americans are slaves (ie. wage slaves), think again.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

That would be horrible. You poor people have an even worse nanny-state then we do in the US.

Why would you think it's OK to put your arm around someone who is essentially a stranger without permission (or at least implied permission based on familiarity)? That's a serious question, by the way.

Why would it not be OK to hug strangers?

Hugs make everyone happy.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Surely you jest.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Surely you jest.

Yes.

But, physical touch and the concept of boundaries tend to be driven by culture.

Seriously, research South Korean culture and their touchy-feelyness.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm with royalty. Keep your stinking paws (and armpits) off me.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
here a reason,,

CBC.ca‎ - 3 days ago
Nine players on three NHL teams have contracted mumps this season, an unexpected outbreak that the league and the players' association ...

She is preg ,, right??

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

imho, when 'adorable' royalties (ex kate mid), celebrities (ex kim k), or any 'important' people (ex ben net) appear in TV/newspaper/magazine/etc, maybe because they just had new babies, experienced scandalaous affairs, or defending their 'justified' bombings, is when these people look for more worships from their fans, supporters.

It does not matter whether the 'response' are negative or positive, these 'energy' are equally 'tasty'

sounds like idols worshipping, doesn it? (that was also forbidden in bible, or any religious scripts)

peace
edit on 11-12-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dodol

The royals have peoples respect....celebs don't.
Don't compare the two completely different.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The royals have peoples respect....celebs don't.
Don't compare the two completely different.

respects dont need long arguments, imho.
i can see some people will try their best to defend 'the image' of their fave royalties or celebs

anyway im not here for prolong the arguments... hehe just sharing my opinions

peace

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The royals deserve respect due to them doing what they do for the British people.
Liz stayed in the UK during the war working as a mechanic refusing to go to Canada to be safe she has sent her own children into harm (how many senators sent their sons to nam?).
Her grandchildren also have done things that deserve respect...Harry is a combat vet and Will is a search and rescue pilot.
Celebs do nothing so again please don't compare the two.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Surely you jest.

Yes.

But, physical touch and the concept of boundaries tend to be driven by culture.

Seriously, research South Korean culture and their touchy-feelyness.

This didn't happen in South Korea to a South Korean.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The royals deserve respect due to them doing what they do for the British people.
Liz stayed in the UK during the war working as a mechanic refusing to go to Canada to be safe she has sent her own children into harm (how many senators sent their sons to nam?).
Her grandchildren also have done things that deserve respect...Harry is a combat vet and Will is a search and rescue pilot.
Celebs do nothing so again please don't compare the two.

I agree. How long has it been since a U.S. president put himself or his children in harm's way? For that matter, how long has it been since a Prime Minister did?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Getting britain into a tizzy?

Really we dont give a #.

99% of us brits probably would not have cared if he landed a kiss on her.

Hehe, quite. This is the first I am hearing of it and even as a "royalist" I am still not in a tizzy. The only person who should be concerned about a bloke putting his arms around his missus is Mr Cambridge himself and if he's cool with it, then so am I.

On the topic of "protocol", it seems to be something that is of concern to the Royal household staffers more than the Royals themselves and is certainly something of a hangover from many years ago. William, Kate, Harry etc all seem to be quite normal folk when it comes down to it so I imagine the first they heard of this "tizzy" was from the press as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join