It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Nothing like creating an image that you're above the common man. How do the Brits support and accept this elite and pompous display?

What makes you think we do or don't 'accept' it? Me and all other native Brits I know couldn't care less what they do as long as they leave us alone,which they do.Our lives would be no different if they weren't there to how they are know they are here and doing their thing.

I just love it when people chime in and say stuff like "all brits" then proceed to get all sniffy about the Royals. Aside from the opinion polls for Queeny and chums being higher than any politician could hope for, I actually quite like having the Royal family so your "all Brits" comment looks a bit dubious.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, apparently 'King' James has sent Britain into a tizzy by placing his arms around Kate Middleton during a photo session after the Cavaliers-Nets game in New York last night

I have to ask , do the people there actually give a $h1t or is the media over there blowing nothing into something simply to generate revenue and distract from REAL issues much like they do here in the US.

I have talked to several colleagues in the past from the area and they really could care less about the royals and their protocols.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

All of those powers are either exercises under "advice" from the Government or simply done on her behalf by the Government. I don't even think a monarch has refused Royal Ascent to an Act of Parliament since the 19th century (if not the 18th)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Clearly he hasn't heard of Henry VIII or the reformation!

Had to laugh at him countering the Henry VIII comment with a link to a treaty with the Pope some 350 years prior to the Reformation! Doh!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

By and large, most people like the Royal family and realise the hard work they do, not to mention the fact they have every minute of their lives controlled by the Government. But to think we fawn over them, think they are "gods" or our "betters" totally misunderstands our relationship with them.

As I said earlier, the people who seem to care most about "protocols" are the army of staffers surrounding them, rather then them or the general public. Bottom line is, if they're cool with it, so are we.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

a reply to: alldaylong

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

That would be horrible. You poor people have an even worse nanny-state then we do in the US.

We are catching up, though.

Why would you think it's OK to put your arm around someone who is essentially a stranger without permission (or at least implied permission based on familiarity)? That's a serious question, by the way.

Why would it not be OK to hug strangers?

Hugs make everyone happy.

Surely you jest.

Yes.

But, physical touch and the concept of boundaries tend to be driven by culture.

Seriously, research South Korean culture and their touchy-feelyness.

This didn't happen in South Korea to a South Korean.

Exactly.

Making people uncomfortable is fun.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I do not consider that family to be royal whatsoever. How dare them come to America and think they are better than people they choose to mingle with. It's a shame LeBron didn't kiss her on the cheek and hold it for a good 2 seconds.

The whole royal family could vanish from earth and I wouldn't have the slightest bit of sympathy. Same goes for any family that thinks they are kings and queens over the populace.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyJackjohn

And where did they say they theought themselves "better than people they choose to mingle with"?

They didn't. This is just some fantasy in your own mind conjured up by your own prejudice.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How ridiculous...anyone who feels they shouldn't be touched by 'the normals' has problems...if this is what is implied by 'royalty,' it's highly immoral and we need to do away with that concept once and for all.
edit on 11-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: Ameilia

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

On the flip side of the argument we have to respect the US rules when your president vists us so really you should resoect our rules?

Though I think its all bull # anyway

I don't think our president's security detail would allow it. Though the secret service has been guilty of some pretty glaring failures.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
How ridiculous...anyone who feels they shouldn't be touched by 'the normals' has problems...if this is what is implied by 'royalty,' it's highly immoral and we need to do away with that concept once and for all.

Our overpaid athletes are the American version of royalty, along with film actors and certain musicians. Wasn't the "prince" there? He can speak up if his lady is threatened.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Perhaps a dose of normal juice and a healthy slice of humble pie is needed for these men above all men.
klik the vid link.

edit on 11-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

What is ridiculous is this thread. At no point was any objection raised by the Prince or his missus, or indeed has it caused "a tizzy" over here in the UK. In fact, for many it seems, this thread is the first we're hearing of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He must be hanged, drawn and quartered at once!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Well im an American and I say if im good enough to have my picture with ya i can touch you and in america if i want to shake the persidents hand i can . If we want to put our arms around one another we can lol.
And I think its rude to think your better than other people and to have the boldness to think you got the right to rule by blood alone lol .
To think you so much better that your people cant touch you ....and then to have the people enslaved into that mentality so much they call it tradition ....no thanks ....I anm proud to be an American

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To hell with the British royals. They are an imaginary monarchy. They have no power. It is obscene and an international embarrassment that the royals still exist in Britain in the 21st century. They are no different than any other human beings and should never be treated any differently. Lebron should have tongue kissed her or grabbed her ass.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

By and large, most people like the Royal family and realise the hard work they do

Really?..check this out Stumason www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I have to ask , do the people there actually give a $h1t or is the media over there blowing nothing into something simply to generate revenue and distract from REAL issues much like they do here in the US.

No idea. I live in New Jersey.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

originally posted by: stumason

By and large, most people like the Royal family and realise the hard work they do

Really?..check this out Stumason www.dailymail.co.uk...

And what, exactly, is that supposed to be proving? It certainly has sod all to do with what I said. All it shows is that she's a human being and doesn't need to be told to do something she is clearly doing anyway. It's the exact reaction people the world would use. In fact, I myself "rolled my eyes" only last night while being told the bloody obvious at work.
edit on 12/12/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Wakey wakey!

It wasn't meant to antagonize you...clearly it has!

You refered to them being recognized for all the hard work they do..in this article she is rolling her eyes for having to do charity work..probably the only time she has had to lift a finger in her life and she is reacting in this way..

BTW lose the attitude, who do you think your talking to

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join