It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It looks to me that it is in fact your citizens who go mad for the royals more.

Touche, you got me there! We also have a lot of people who are royal watchers of the Kardashians here in the U.S.. The media in the U.S. also spends a lot of time covering the royal weddings. A few months ago they spent 3 days covering George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding. Why?

I guess both countries have their share of people who are fascinated by the rich. I personally could care less. It just makes me sick to see people who are rich and extravagant, who expect respect and special favors when there are people in this world who don't know where their next meal is coming from.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Thing is that does not describe my queen.
She is a slave to her people (granted a wll kept one) she is 88 and still working for her people.
She worked in ww2 and stayed in the UK she has sent her sons and grandsons in harms way just like many other mothers in the UK.
I respect her and what she does for her people.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey, news flash. Kate Middleton is just an average person who puts her $700 designer jeans on the same way I do, with the help of a personal assistant.

Hey, news flash.
I've never heard of LeBron James and have absolutely no idea who he is....pretty much the same as the vast majority of Brits.
And I've certainly never heard or read any news reports about this so called breach of 'royal protocol' so I don't think 'Britain has been sent into a tizzy'.

Absolute nonsense - a complete non-story and yet another example of America's obsession with the British Royal Family.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree the royals are worthless individuals who don't deserve this special treatment,i also got the impression that this Guy is also a worthless over payed, egotistical creep,i wouldn't want Him hugging my partner either..

Conclusion?

They are all a bunch of #holes

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Royalty aside, I don't think it's a good idea to put your arm around anyone while you are pitting out... ewww.

Lol very true! how inconsiderate.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Hey, news flash.
I've never heard of LeBron James and have absolutely no idea who he is...

He is a large, sweaty person who immodestly man-handled her Royal Boobiness.

And I've certainly never heard or read any news reports about this so called breach of 'royal protocol' so I don't think 'Britain has been sent into a tizzy'.

Well, I say Old Chap, I do believe The Daily Telegraph is a newspaper published in the United Kingdom. They had this to say about the groping:

While posing for photographs, LeBron James appeared to surprise the Duchess of Cambridge by breaking royal protocol and placing his arm around her.

The Daily Mail reported thusly:

But as the camera flashes went off, Mr James put his arm around the Duchess' shoulder - a breach in etiquette, even though he is known as King James.

It would appear, my good sir, that this is indeed news.

Absolute nonsense - a complete non-story and yet another example of America's obsession with the British Royal Family.

Yeah, except the reporting started by you and was picked up by American newspapers using the same quotes and reports.

Banality is not a trait solely in the purview of us 'Mericans.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just to point out those two newspapers are the worst in the UK.
They jump on anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Just to point out those two newspapers are the worst in the UK.
They jump on anything.

I do recall that from my most recent visit to your fair island.

It should be noted that The Guardian and The Times reported on the topic as well.

Kate held the yellow and William the maroon, as James posed for pictures with the couple, putting his arm around the Duchess’s shoulder - something of a breach of royal etiquette.

They may call LeBron James the King, but the US basketball star broke royal protocol last night when he put an arm round the Duchess of Cambridge.

edit on 10-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his mug got filled with chemtrail residue

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Look at these classics lol.

www.buzzfeed.com...

www.studentbeans.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thinking about it though I wouldn't touch a woman I had just met.
Are we going to invade our former colony due to this?

YES prepare for the British!!!!

Make a great B movie

Plus we have the best bad guy actors.

edit on 10-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I owe you more beer for those.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

YES prepare for the British!!!!

I think I may go hide my tea and my best chicken tikka masala recipe.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We can smell those from 4 miles away...good luck

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

originally posted by: Ameilia

It's custom in the UK to not touch royals. Michelle Obama caused a scandal when Obama was first elected because she touched Queen Elizabeth. Just because we don't do it that way in the USA doesn't mean their customs and rules shouldn't be respected. If you ever find yourself around a royal: no touch. It's very rude.

On the other side of the token - in America it is not custom to not touch people of power. They shouldn't come to America and assume everyone understands their obscure code of conduct.

The Royals have not said a word about this. This is pure media hoopla. Nevertheless, the only reason Labron James or Michelle Obama met them is because they're royals. In the case of Michelle Obama, especially, who is briefed in protocol, touching the Queen was a gross breech of protocol. It reinforces the notion that Americans are uncouth barbarians.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Now we all have a laugh at our next King in line and I think he is going to be comedy gold when dear old Liz pops her clogs.
I give him 5 years before he steps aside.

You actually think Charles will abdicate the throne? I seriously doubt it. It would destroy the monarchy and he has spent his entire life believing in duty above all else.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: Ameilia

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

HAH! You've clearly never met an American tourist outside of the US.

Don't really care about the story in the original post either way - she's just a person, but people in general shouldn't be touched if they don't want to be touched. Nothing to do with royalty, just good old fashioned personal space, common courtesy, appropriate conduct, etc.

Something like a photo-op with celebrities is the kind of situation where an arm around the shoulder is likely to happen (because celebs seem to act like BFFs when taking photos together, for some reason). If they didn't want it then they should have made it clear in advance.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
And why are people still calling her "Kate Middleton"?
Her surname changed, as usual, when she got married.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: WeRpeons

Thing is that does not describe my queen.
She is a slave to her people (granted a wll kept one) she is 88 and still working for her people.
She worked in ww2 and stayed in the UK she has sent her sons and grandsons in harms way just like many other mothers in the UK.
I respect her and what she does for her people.

I suspect that most people outside of the UK have no idea how hard the royals work. They have work schedules that would drop most people. Are they digging ditches? No. But, nevertheless, they do work. As you pointed out, the Queen is a virtual slave to her people.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
but this is an outrage! take him to the tower!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Part of our working government a constitutional monarchy...it works (since 1215).
The last time we got rid of them we demanded them back after a few years.
They have no power and are just about tradition and history.
Most people in the UK don't mind them so...

Plus would anyone really want a president Cameron in the UK?.

Actually, the monarch has a pretty impressive set of powers, whether or not s/he uses them. - The Queen alone, as Head of the Armed Forces, may declare war or peace
- The Queen alone may conclude treaties
- The Queen (as commander-in-chief) may choose and appoint officers of all ranks
- The Queen may convoke, adjourn, remove, and dissolve Parliament
- The Queen may appoint a Prime Minister of her own choosing
- The Queen may dismiss the Prime Minister and his Government
- The Queen can choose and appoint all judges, councillors, officers of state, etc.
- The Queen may initiate criminal proceedings, and she alone can bestow a pardon
- The Queen may refuse the Royal Assent
- The Queen may refuse to dissolve Parliament when requested by the Prime Minister
- The Queen can choose and appoint all Archbishops, Bishops, and ecclesiastical dignitaries
- The Queen may exercise the refusal of the “Queen’s Consent” (direct Monarchical assent is required for a bill affecting the prerogative, hereditary revenues or the personal property or interests of the Crown to be heard in Parliament).
- Since the Sovereign is “first in honour, dignity and in power--and the seat and fountain of all three,'' the Queen may bestow all public honours, including creating peerages or bestowing Orders of Chivalry

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join