It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James broke ‘royal protocol’ by wrapping arm around Kate Middleton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: Ameilia

This isnt the UK, they aren't royal here. Just people. When in the USA their rules don't apply.

HAH! You've clearly never met an American tourist outside of the US.

Don't really care about the story in the original post either way - she's just a person, but people in general shouldn't be touched if they don't want to be touched. Nothing to do with royalty, just good old fashioned personal space, common courtesy, appropriate conduct, etc.

Something like a photo-op with celebrities is the kind of situation where an arm around the shoulder is likely to happen (because celebs seem to act like BFFs when taking photos together, for some reason). If they didn't want it then they should have made it clear in advance.

I don't know the circumstances of the meeting, but if it was planned in advance, it's quite likely that LaBron James was briefed in protocol. If so, he ignored it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Meh standard picture pose athletes strike with fans. Either he forgot protocol or didn't know any better.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Oh I do know but they will remember the last time a king attempted to abuse his power.

Sometimes I wonder If Queen Liz would have been a better leader than some of our PM's.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Our media are absolute wank and will make a story out of anything.

We have more important and interesting things to concern ourselves with.
Honestly mate, no-one cares.....probably least of all Kate herself - mind you, that's probably the closest she's been to a black guy, ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Charles does have a sense of humor. He's rarely given credit for it. Instead, he's watched like a hawk and picked apart for missteps. I dare say that anyone who has been under a media microscope and in the public eye almost every day of his life for 65+ years wouldn't have made fewer missteps. You have to wonder how the royals stand constant, merciless scrutiny. Yes, I know it comes with the territory, but it must take a personal, psychological toll. Can you imagine not being able to scratch where it itches and having all eyes on you every time you lift a forkful of food? It's a wonder they aren't all screaming bonkers.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
I feel as well that it is ridiculous. She is a human being, only possessing an illusion of power, propped up by wealth.

Not even that, they are only leasing the crown and title from the Pope.

You may have forgot that Henry VIII buggered the Catholic Church off 500 years ago.

Don't let facts get in the way of the truth

Charter of Submission from the King of England, 1213

John, by the grace of God king of England, lord of Ireland, Duke of Normandy
"By this charter attested by our golden seal we wish it to be known to you all that...we offer and freely yield to God and to SS Peter and Paul...and to the Holy Roman Church our mother, and to our lord Pope Innocent III and his Catholic successors, the whole kingdom of England and the whole kingdom of Ireland with all their rights and appurtenences for the remission of our sins and the sins of our whole family.... And now, receiving back these kingdoms from God and the Roman Church, and holding them as a feudatory vassal...we have pledged and sworn our fealty hencefort to our lord aforesaid, Pope Innocent III...and we bind in perpetuity our successors and legitimate heirs that without question they must similarly render fealty and acknowledge homage to the Supreme Pontiff holding office at the time...
...in lieu of all service and payment which we should render for them [the fiefs], the Roman Church is to receive annually...one thousand marks sterling...."

The part where he says, "and we bind in perpetuity our successors and legitimate heirs " pretty much covers forever and ever from that day forward.

Link where England surrenders to Pope forever

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
I feel as well that it is ridiculous. She is a human being, only possessing an illusion of power, propped up by wealth.

Or as I like to call them, right by birth parasites...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Tangerine

Oh I do know but they will remember the last time a king attempted to abuse his power.

Sometimes I wonder If Queen Liz would have been a better leader than some of our PM's.

I think she probably would have been. She had the benefit of a lifetime of learning and observing and knowing when to keep her mouth shut and thinking very carefully before doing something.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Right, but the queen touched Michelle on a spot that in America would be a possible crime if you did not give permission, she literally grabbed the first Lady's behind, the problem is this standard sends the message clearly that Britain runs the world and regardless of the United States supposedly being independent and sovereign, people get their panties in a bunch, no pun, when these archaic rules that somehow deem certain people above human, deities that cannot be touched and are not the same as flesh and blood peasants....Well the Sex Pistols may have been telling the truth in that song that got them in trouble, God Save the Queen.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree that it is ridiculous, but so is the fact that this man is known as "King" james in the first place. I guess he fits right in with them and their way of thinking - that his $#!t doesn't stink, but the fact that so many people buy right into it and refer to him as "King James" just makes it that much worse. Do these people really need to inflate their egos anymore? Same thing with these idiot rappers like Tyga, who calls himself "King Gold Chains", bunch of ignorant self-absorbed scumbags imo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh PLEASE, she was a commoner herself what, 4-5 years ago?
Such pansy crap

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
meh, whoever says the brit's don't care, they do.. They love they royals..

Us Americans, have not been known to follow British rule in the first place...

Maybe ole Mr. James, reminded them of that...

Concidering this is news, reveals the truth of the matter...

No matter how much in denial the brits are over it...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The part where he says, "and we bind in perpetuity our successors and legitimate heirs " pretty much covers forever and ever from that day forward.

Not really.

Henry VIII sort of made certain of that.

Surely you've heard of The Reformation?
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a list of Catholic 'martyrs' who were killed simply for being Catholic during the reign of Henry and some of those who followed him.
en.wikipedia.org...

Countless other Catholics were persecuted, tortured and even killed.

Roman Catholics are still the only minority in the UK who are legally discriminated against.

The facts don't really support your premise that the Royal Family are merely custodians for the Papacy.

But I fear we digress.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Our media are absolute wank and will make a story out of anything.

I would bet that you guys do not have the lock on nonsensical 'news' stories, even serious ones like breach of royal etiquette protocol.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I agree that it is ridiculous, but so is the fact that this man is known as "King" james in the first place.

You do know that if for his prolific ability to quote the Bible while executing a pick and roll, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

I'm British, I dont like the royals and think that whole thing should end as they dont really have any power in the country anymore but I will add that I've not seen a single thing about this on the news over here. I watch both the six o'clock and ten o'clock news and haven't heard a dicky bird about this so called uproar that we're supposed to be going through.

We all know we shouldn't listen to any media, especially one that claims something is happening when it isn't. Like I said no uproar, and honestly I dont think 80 percent of the British people would care if they were touched or kidnapped by this Lebron bloke.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh no a simple peasent touched a royal lol

I don't think that I would really consider LeBron a simple peasant, compared to the rest of us who can't even afford tickets to one of his games...... just saying

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

We have no respect for royalty in the US.

I pray it remains that way.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You may not realise it, but her in The U.K. putting your arm around ANY WOMEN without being invited to do so , is regarded as Sexual Harassment.

That would be horrible. You poor people have an even worse nanny-state then we do in the US.

We are catching up, though.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

We have no respect for royalty in the US.

I pray it remains that way.

How much good has praying done you in the past?
The US does, indeed, have royalty, just not the anointed kind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join