It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Detox Your Body. It’s A Myth.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes water. I've been wanting to start fasting 2 days out of every seven. Have read that its a real cleanser. Fasting cant be that off. As a spiritual assist it been going on for thousands of years.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think that it also helped the mental state of people as well.

Wish I could partake, but my GERD won't let me.

There is always a colonic.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Generally for lunch I have one of those muscle milks if there isn't much time they seem to be loaded with vitamins

haha...why would you poison you system with milk? - You shouldn't need "loaded vitamins" if you eat a balanced diet.

www.notmilk.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Only way to detox is to stop ingesting whatever items it is that is 'toxic'. Think of it like caffeine. If you're a regular soda or coffee drinker, and you go a day or two without any caffeine, you'll get a monster headache. That's detox.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thejohnfist

Actually that is withdraw symptoms.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Some detox stuff I have taken over the years work other don't, the results are what they are.
For me the greatest result was with Japanese detox foot pads, when first applied they come out dark brown almost black just like feces, but after you put them on every day, over time they get lighter and lighter, until almost no colour is seen almost beige, then you know they did there job. I also had them analyzed by a professional lab to see if they were working, and they were as at least 7 metals were found in them, they pulled them out of my system.
So those worked, but those colon detox systems were a fail for me. Other stuff I have tried over the years didn't work either. So yes there is an element of truth to the OP. But at least 1 of maybe 10 things I have tried has really worked.

Also I experienced the The Herxheimer Reaction one time, so yes you know something is working when that happens.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Generally for lunch I have one of those muscle milks if there isn't much time they seem to be loaded with vitamins

haha...why would you poison you system with milk? - You shouldn't need "loaded vitamins" if you eat a balanced diet.

www.notmilk.com...

Muscle Milk contains no milk. You can find it at the grocery store on the same aisle with the supplements. It is a name.

Not that I have anything against milk since I am not lactose intolerant. Seems we have done a pretty good job of evolving to tolerate it.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
... naturalnews ....

David Gorski of ScienceBlogs called the site [naturalnews] "one of the most wretched hives of scum and quackery on the Internet," and the most "blatant purveyor of the worst kind of quackery and paranoid anti-physician and anti-medicine conspiracy theories anywhere on the Internet"

wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalNews#Reception

originally posted by: MKMoniker
SAD STATE OF GLOBAL HEALTH

And yet increasing global life-expectancy ...

www.openpop.org...
edit on DecemberTue, 09 Dec 2014 10:11:40 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Some detox stuff I have taken over the years work other don't, the results are what they are.
For me the greatest result was with Japanese detox foot pads, when first applied they come out dark brown almost black just like feces, but after you put them on every day, over time they get lighter and lighter, until almost no colour is seen almost beige, then you know they did there job. I also had them analyzed by a professional lab to see if they were working, and they were as at least 7 metals were found in them, they pulled them out of my system.
So those worked, but those colon detox systems were a fail for me. Other stuff I have tried over the years didn't work either. So yes there is an element of truth to the OP. But at least 1 of maybe 10 things I have tried has really worked.

Also I experienced the The Herxheimer Reaction one time, so yes you know something is working when that happens.

I have recently sold out of anti-gullibility foot pads.
They obviously worked well as none of the people who bought them off me ordered them again.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I used to drink a lot of muscle milk, the vitamins look good but don't fall for it!

Muscle milk uses sucralose as a sweetener IMO this is just as bad as aspartame.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why would they put that in a drink that's supposed to promote strength and health? Hmmm

Some more negatives,

forum.bodybuilding.com...

I would suggest juicing organic fruits and veggies for vitamins, and mabye an all organic, non-GMO, raw, and plant based protein mix with water and Almond milk for healthy protein and more vitamins.
edit on 9-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I am not really worried about the artificial sweeteners. I am sure they can be detrimental at high levels. I read through your attached thread articles and the levels they were testing at were insane IMO.

That would translate to 240 g sucralose, or more than 20,000 individual packets of Splenda per day, for 28 days for a 176-pound person,

It is in the Muscle Milk which I like because it keeps me from getting hungry. I lost a lot of weight since I substituted that for a lunch and I put 1 and a half in my coffee each morning. So I am was below the 20,000 mark besides I weigh 210 so I have extra room their.lol.

You will probably hate what I have to say on this but I am not a non-GMO person. I love my beefsteak tomatoes and such. Maybe one day the scientific community will raise the alarm against GMOs but until then I will shop at the regular grocery stores. If foods made that much of a difference being GMO or Non GMO then why was I in such good shape in the military. I don't even want to know what they put in MRE's. lol

Balanced diet I can understand coupled with exercise. I am just not a whole foods person.

I Appreciate the info though.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Your body does excrete unhealthy elements. However if your unhealthy intake surpasses the rate of expulsion, you have what's called buildup. It's really not complicated.

Also, imagine your intestines like parts of a motor. If you run it nonstop, there is inevitably gunk buildup, caked on the walls of the digestive tract. Google 'master cleanse eliminations' to see what is still coming out of people's bodies after 10-30 days of no food intake.

Another point is that, like every everything else, organs could use a break every now and then.

I find it somewhat petty that your whole point of view is coming from a few internet clicks or what someone told you, where mine comes from actual experience of doing something.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33 I also had them analyzed by a professional lab to see if they were working, and they were as at least 7 metals were found in them, they pulled them out of my system.

Cool, let's see these lab reports then.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you believe in detoxing, you probably also bought Lumosity, lol. "I know the games make me smarter because the test provided by the people who sold me the games says I'm getting smarter!"

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
... Google 'master cleanse eliminations' ...

Then google ... sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and -how-to-avoid-it/ which mentions "master cleanse".
edit on DecemberTue, 09 Dec 2014 15:16:55 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
a reply to: Pardon?

Your body does excrete unhealthy elements. However if your unhealthy intake surpasses the rate of expulsion, you have what's called buildup. It's really not complicated.

Also, imagine your intestines like parts of a motor. If you run it nonstop, there is inevitably gunk buildup, caked on the walls of the digestive tract. Google 'master cleanse eliminations' to see what is still coming out of people's bodies after 10-30 days of no food intake.

Another point is that, like every everything else, organs could use a break every now and then.

I find it somewhat petty that your whole point of view is coming from a few internet clicks or what someone told you, where mine comes from actual experience of doing something.

I'm not sure I need to reply to this especially because of the last sentence.

However, how can you turn your organs and biological systems off?
Apparently, according to you, one gets "buildups" if they run "non-stop".
Forgive me if I've missed something in my 25 years as a physiologist but isn't that what organs are supposed to do?

Oh, I know a really easy way to get rid of the non-existent gunk on the walls of your intestines...
A sachet of Picolax and a glass of water.
Now that's something you can't experience from a few Google clicks and you'll never have a better "cleanse".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Yeah, giving your organs a rest is also called "dying".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?
Oh, I know a really easy way to get rid of the non-existent gunk on the walls of your intestines...
A sachet of Picolax and a glass of water...
... and organise immediate access to a toilet for the next 24 hours

I had some of that ( orange flavoured ?) Picolax stuff the day before a colonoscopy , which I watched live, so I can testify my bowel was squeaky-clean as a result.
edit on DecemberTue, 09 Dec 2014 17:43:26 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Anyone who says our bodies do not accumulate toxins is wrong.
Anyone who says detoxing is a myth is wrong.

Of course The American Murder Association, I mean the American Medical Association is going to tell you it's a myth.
They don't want you to be well. They make their livings by prescribing drugs to people!
(Drugs which, by the way, kill 100,000 people per year)

If you do some research, you'll find plenty of documented case studies of disease cures from 'alternative' treatments.
But the Fraud and Deception Administration, I mean the Food and Drug Administration won't admit it, because
they're in bed with the pharmaceutical lobby.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was an interesting story about 15 years ago where I read that people who fast will detox their system. There was a writer that went to a place that fed him fiber for 10 days and did self enemas and all kinds of weird stuff came out during that time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join