It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm watching these protests. Thank you to Skeptic and others who have provided links.

I'm really hoping this doesn't turn violent. History would tell me I shouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Protestors breaking through/over barricades.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Protestors at 47th and Madison. I used to work two blocks form there, this is insane.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow I remember this when it happened and it reminded me of this case in the UK.

en.wikipedia.org...

In my view the decision is wrong the police officer involved should have been charged with something.
Oh and good on the new yorkers.
A revolution rarely happens without violence.
edit on 3-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
The protestors really need to hold their resolve on this one. They must force NYPD action.

If the NYPD sends in their goon squads it will make Ferguson look like a tea party. It'll be International news again - the world needs to see for themselves a paramilitary force occupies this country.

Although I agree, the joke of the whole situation are those who are making it about race!

By making it about race, it obscures the real issue of it being about a militarized police force!

So what do people want?

An issue where one race is protected while others are not?

How is that equality for those who constantly stand on their card board box preaching it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wills120

I'm right there with you on this. This case with Eric Garner is very troubling to me. The incident is on camera. On camera, we see the officer grab him from behind and place him in a chokehold, which is against policy. Once they have him down, the same officer moves up to restrain his head(?!) turning it to one side and applying a great deal of force downward.

Between the choke and trying to force his head in to the concrete, no wonder this man died. An extended choke can cause serious damage to the airway. That little move the officer used on the head also has a tendency to obstruct the ability to breathe, as well as the weight of other officers on the body. All this together is just too much for an average Joe to withstand, much less someone with asthma who is telling them he can't breathe.

It almost is like the police are not satisfied with subduing a subject anymore, they want to inflict as much pain as possible, in order to get the instant gratification they crave. That's not the job they hired on to do, but it is seeming more and more like there is a disconnect between what the actual job is, and what some officers think they can do.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ignoring the racial aspect is what allowed the police state to get so out of control. Now they're coming for you too.

link   
Three women arrested at 47th and 6th, very near Rockefeller Center.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Rep. Peter King: "No one has done more to protect the lives of young African American males than the NYPD."

How? With "stop & frisk"?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Another arrest.

So far peaceful, no resistance.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just watched him say that CNN. What a putz!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Rep. Peter King: "No one has done more to protect the lives of young African American males than the NYPD."

Oh jeeze...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

c'mon...it's peter king, one of the meanest Aholes in congress

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Tim Poole's stream just went down, any other stream links?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Ignoring the racial aspect is what allowed the police state to get so out of control. Now they're coming for you too.

NO! I have ignored nothing!

I have been treated as a white male just as black men have been treated! No one listened to me because I was white!

I looked like a hippy and I still do, and guess what, I am profiled. I have been a passenger in a car and was pulled out and frisked because the driver had a burnt out tail light.

If you truly want to end racism Kali, stop blaming everything bad that happens to a person because they are black and focus on the bigger issue of a government who not only promoted a militarized police force, but supports it!

It blows my mind that as a white male, I love the hell out of MLK, and yet I see the establishment support the likes of Al Sharpton! What pisses me off more? Are those enablers who allow these so called black leaders to scream racism at every turn, and not a GOD DAMN mention of personal responsibility!

So race bait all you want! All your doing is enabling the continuation of immoral actions that MLK was so against!

edit on 3-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ok, what would you have done? Have we come to a point in this society where we just walk away from the law breakers? This guy was breaking the law. Then he got loud and refused to go peacefully. The cops gave him an opportunity to go quietly. The thug didn't like that so he got all tribal about it. Go ahead and champion the cause of the thieves and thugs.

I for one am glad this cop took this law breaking thug down. Its not his first arrest for the same violation but it certainly was his last.

You keep championing the lowest common denominator and soon enough the lowest common denominator is ruling the empire.. Oops, too late, Who is President?

Spin away.,..

you know what else is against the law? cops choking people.

If you value the law so much, you should also value integrity in our legal system, and remind yourself that all crimes don't come with a punishment of death.

I'm tired of hearing self righteous people justify death, because someone threw a finger in a picture, or because they sold cigarettes, or because they dared to question the cops. It's the same mentality that allows tyranny to exist. If you are ok with people dying for these reasons, then you aren't far removed from the people of ISIS who kill you for drinking liquor.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fish stink from the head down. New York is corrupt and dysfunctional from Cuomo down to de Blasio.
Lets not forget who 'the authorities' actually are.

link   

I can focus on both just fine, thank-you.

link   
For those who need an active stream:

StopMotionSolo Live at NY Protests

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Alright.

Did the guy die from the choke hold ?

Or was it because the guy weighed 350, and was a walking heart attack?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join