It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If you live close to any major city chances are there's one near you. Search up social media.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Protestors heading toward the tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center, hopped barricades and getting close.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Really hoping this remains peaceful.

A violent clash between protesters and NYPD?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hundreds of protestors headed from Times Square to Rockefeller Center. The Tree Lighting event begins in 40 minutes, and it's usually lit one hour after the start of dance, song, Santa Claus, etc.

edit on 3-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is an outrage.

The man was wrestled down like a wild animal simply for selling loose cigs on the street. Resisting arrest my ass...anyone would have reacted that way when, all of the sudden you have 3 or 4 cops on you for a non-violent, unarmed petty offense.

Police should not be policing police and DAs should not be soft-balling grand juries in order to give cover to brutality, incompetence or criminal activity by a minority of their LEO counterparts. There needs to be a nation-wide inpendent review board.

However, this farsical NY grand jury probably did a world of good to underscore the arguments many have been making post-Trayvon/post-Ferguson.

There absolutely needs to be protests but it's imperative they remain peaceful. The reality is the collective power of the people is the most effective when it impacts the jobs and pocket books if the PTB.

edit on 12/3/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I hope for blood in the streets. This issue will not resolve until we the People show the occupation we mean business.

Question: has a cop in America EVER been indicted? Excluding the ones who rape women in their squad cars...I don't think so.

The entire police and justice system is corrupt from Top to bottom. Grand Jury? Give me a break. If you are a cop accused of a crime it should be straight to trial.

Found guilty? Double the minimum sentence. That is how you set a good example for the people - not by literally getting away with murder.

This time the protestors need to burn down something that matters like a PD, or JPMorgan chase building.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Intense scuffle at 51st and "Avenue of the Americas" (6th Ave for NYers).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: jimmyx

They kill more then just "black people". They kill people of all ethnicity. The thing is the MSM only reports when a African American gets killed by police.

-SAP-

just checked for the breakdown in the FBI data for ethnicity of cop related shootings...and there is none, so I can't pull up any evidence for the racial breakdown. so, i'll ask you....do you think the % of population group, where unarmed people are shot dead by police, is the same whether it be of black, Hispanic, or white, backround?
edit on 3-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Protestors taking over Broadway in NYC.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The protestors really need to hold their resolve on this one. They must force NYPD action.

If the NYPD sends in their goon squads it will make Ferguson look like a tea party. It'll be International news again - the world needs to see for themselves a paramilitary force occupies this country.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
NYPD possibly preparing for mass arrests. Four NYPD busses spotted near Union Square.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Tim Pool Live Stream

He's with a small group at the moment but I believe headed toward Rockefeller Center.

NVM the boss beat me to it...
edit on 12/3/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I remember as a teenager watching people get shot dead at Ohio State and General Mc Arthur himself cleared DC of protesting WW1 vets,Government in America is only to happy to both initiate and reciprocate violence I hope you have the courage to risk your blood,its very easy to commit someone elses.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Midtown Manhattan traffic at a gridlock because of protests.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

WOW...great live cam. Thanks.
THIS could really get out of control...fast.
NYC is a liberal bastion...Mayor de Blasio is really under the microscope as to how he handles this.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's interesting to me that a Congressional staffer got fired for simply posting what many believed were out-of-bounds, bullying comments against the Obama girls on FB and yet two times in a row now LEOs have skated when a dead , unarmed citizen lays in the street....this one on video even.

What the hell does that say about the power of the Police State? Forget race for a moment - even though stats do indicate it's relevant - EVERY citizen should be alarmed by these developments.

News commentators keep saying (with a note of pride) how differently NYC has/is handling this and that it won't be another Ferguson. Really!? Famous last words...people are pissed.
edit on 12/3/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is an outrage.

The man was wrestled down like a wild animal simply for selling loose cigs on the street. Resisting arrest my ass...anyone would have reacted that way when, all of the sudden you have 3 or 4 cops on you for a non-violent, unarmed petty offense.

Police should not be policing police and DAs should not be soft-balling grand juries in order to give cover to brutality, incompetence or criminal activity by a minority of their LEO counterparts. There needs to be a nation-wide inpendent review board.

However, this farsical NY grand jury probably did a world of good to underscore the arguments many have been making post-Trayvon/post-Ferguson.

There absolutely needs to be protests but it's imperative they remain peaceful. The reality is the collective power of the people is the most effective when it impacts the jobs and pocket books if the PTB.

Well said, until we have an investigative body that is not dependent upon the the present law enforcement/judicial system, circumstances such as these will continue to garner favor for the system.

All evidence presented to the grand jury is dependent on a representative who only looks good forwarding evidence provided by the very people their supposed to be prosecuting.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: jimmyx

They kill more then just "black people". They kill people of all ethnicity. The thing is the MSM only reports when a African American gets killed by police.

-SAP-

just checked for the breakdown in the FBI data for ethnicity of cop related shootings...and there is none, so I can't pull up any evidence for the racial breakdown. so, i'll ask you....do you think the % of population group, where unarmed people are shot dead by police, is the same whether it be of black, Hispanic, or white, backround?

That would all be opinion then wouldn't it? So what's the point?

I will say considering all of the data that is collected for everything we use and are flagged for, it seems quite suspicious that the numbers you searched for are not available.....

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

de Blasio is a sell out. Totally betrayed the movement that got him elected.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm not sure what it says about the power of the police state, but I think it speaks volumes about the grand jury process.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join