It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So start a protest.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: IAMTAT

So he died because the state of NY didn't get their 12 cents in tax revenue?

Oh, the humanity!

Actually, I think they wanted to make an example of him and came down hard on the guy for selling non-taxed smokes...yes. I don't believe race had anything to do with this...and I really don't think they intended for him to lose his life.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So start a protest.

Why would I ?

I don't believe 99% of the demagoguery surrounding the cops.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Seems like he died for selling smokes, actually.

Then peoples real beef should be with the law makers.

The cops don't write laws. Their jobs are only to enforce laws.

By killing law breakers?

Seriously, I often defend the police. Not in this case, the use of force here and the alleged crime make this an inexcusable murder. It should have been that simple, cut and dry.

The grand jury must have been somehow blind and deaf.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

originally posted by: YayMayorBee
You beat me to it...

So its official, if you want to get away with murder in this country, become a police officer.

Same as, if you're black, you've got the green light to disobey orders.

Sure, you got the green light...you'll be killed, but other than that.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Or allegedly selling smokes, just watched this clip for the first time, and while it does have a convenient? edit and not raw, it mentions that the man had just broke up a fight, which I hadn't heard before..

www.youtube.com...

Regardless, if this isn't "over the top" police solution to a minor issue, I don't know what one is....

If I were to want the FEDS investigate a killing by PD and subsequent investigation and grand jury procedure, this one garners the brightest light IMO...

I am a staunch supporter of enforcers of the law, in this case, I cannot rationalize, nor try to justify their actions against this man.

Sickening

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Niemoller comes to my mind. But instead, I inserted my own nouns.

First they came for the Natives, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not a Native.

Then they came for the Blacks, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not Black

Then they came for the Hispanics, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not Hispanic.

Then they came for me- and there was no one left to speak for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
don't know if this has been mentioned, but,

ok, this is kinda' screwy, so hear me out.
i just got off the phone with a friends 24 year old son, who's been training mma, mixed martial arts, since he was 14.
brazilian ju jutzu, 4 different styles total, 2 black belts.
anyhow, we just went through this video a bunch of times.
his claim is that the officer was trained, just like him.
he pointed out to me where garner actually looses consciencness and blacks out, and how the officer undoubtedly knew this but was so wound up that he did not release the hold, so basically killed him due to a adrenalin rush.
i'm not saying i completely agree with this assessment, but jesus, watch it again with this in mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I don't ignore white victims... but we aren't talking about a white victim and the differences between both the problems is massive.

Great!

We can agree on one thing!

The problem is "massive"!

So why focus it on race?

I think you are intelligent enough to realize that by focusing the oppression of the police state by race is not going to solve the problem!

The police state can ONLY BE ADDRESSED if we focus on crimes against an individuals freedoms! You know, "HUMAN BEINGS"?

Focusing on RACE, does nothing more than give pimps like Al Sharpton a platform to do nothing more than create more racial division!

I think most of us would rather follow the pleas of MLK than those of Al Sharpton, Eric Holder etc etc......?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

But you hate the government right? Have you heard this one yet?

"Ever notice how some Americans claim to distrust the government, trust it completely when a cop kills an unarmed black man?" ~ John Fugelsang

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: neo96

Then peoples real beef should be with the law makers.

The cops don't write laws. Their jobs are only to enforce laws.

By killing law breakers?

Seriously, I often defend the police. Not in this case, the use of force here and the alleged crime make this an inexcusable murder. It should have been that simple, cut and dry.

The grand jury must have been somehow blind and deaf.

BY killing 'law breakers'.

I love this.

The GD cop intentionally killed a guy for selling smokes.

As some people want to believe.

As if.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

But you hate the government right? Have you heard this one yet?

"Ever notice how some Americans claim to distrust the government, trust it completely when a cop kills an unarmed black man?" ~ John Fugelsang

Sure do.

Cops don't even make my 'hate' list.

The top two are politicians, and lawyers.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Strange how there was so much anticipation and preparation over the Ferguson verdict. It appears that New York was blindsided by this verdict.
edit on 3-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Or allegedly selling smokes, just watched this clip for the first time, and while it does have a convenient? edit and not raw, it mentions that the man had just broke up a fight, which I hadn't heard before..

www.youtube.com...

Regardless, if this isn't "over the top" police solution to a minor issue, I don't know what one is....

If I were to want the FEDS investigate a killing by PD and subsequent investigation and grand jury procedure, this one garners the brightest light IMO...

I am a staunch supporter of enforcers of the law, in this case, I cannot rationalize, nor try to justify their actions against this man.

Sickening

Wow, I hadn't even heard of this until now...that video seems beyond clear that the officer was more than wrong...he keeps saying 'I can't breathe,' and the officer just keeps choking him...then he does...and he gets off...what in the #! I hope this does get some serious reaction...I'm tired of cops literally being able to do anything without consequences.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm intelligent enough to realize that bullies strike the most often and the most severely when no one is looking against the ones with the least amount of friends. It's because of racism that black people are the most targeted by the entire justice system.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I read that the cops didn't expect the verdict until tomorrow. They're fully prepared....for tomorrow! Going to be an interesting night with the tree lighting.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Former LEO interviewed just now on CNN angrily and bitterly said that the choice was either taker Garner down by the neck or with a night stick.

WTF!?

There is nothing in between for a non-violent, unarmed offender in America?

It was a shockingly bad, desperate attempt at defending the indefensible.

FFS! No wonder we have the highest incarceration rate per capita in the world.
This policing with impunity must stop!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thing is Iam trained in a couple of types of restraining techniques due to work and use them daily, If I did this at work I would have been arrested for assault and If the person died due to this I would be arrested for at least manslaughter.
And I would be guilty.

I would love to see what actual training the NYC cops get on restraining because watching it again it really does confuse me why the guy went back to his head while kneeling on him.

Looking it up a little choke holds were banned back in 93.

www.nytimes.com...

Looks like those guys got off also.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This is still up: www.ustream.tv...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Strange how there was so much anticipation and preparation over the Ferguson verdict. It appears that New York was blindsided by this verdict.

I think preparations were behind the scenes and kept out of the MSM.

And very well organized.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join