It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

after so many of these events
i'm convinced all this stuff is being used to promote civil unrest
just like all the media now subverts the persons faith in *reality*

afaic it's all being used in an attempt to push the "reset" button
and like all psychopaths
they have to keep pushing, pushing, pushing
in order to provide the justification for their ensuing actions

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He resisted arrest and started getting loud with the cops. The cops had to arrest him. Again, he refused to be arrested so he was taken down. His weight did him in, not the cops. In fact.. "acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease as contributing factors in Garner's death"

www.cnn.com...

Garner was breaking the law but somehow he thought he was above the law. Surprise... He learned the hard way he was not. Selling illegal cigarettes is against the law. Go get a real job instead of ripping off society and maybe this stuff wouldn't happen.

Spin away...

edit on 3-12-2014 by truckdriver42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: Mandroid7

after so many of these events
i'm convinced all this stuff is being used to promote civil unrest
just like all the media now subverts the persons faith in *reality*

And body cameras! People can be so naive....

Just got home from work and 45min of MSM news I heard body camera at least 9 times. The "state" is pushing awefully hard for these cameras. Hmm, they must really be interested in our wellbeing........suddenly.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From Twitter…

Dulce ‏@HeavenLeeOps 1 minute ago
NOW IN PHILLY: Protesters standing at 22nd and Winter chanting "I can't breathe." #EricGarner

And Times Square

edit on 3-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42
He resisted arrest and started getting loud with the cops. The cops had to arrest him. Again, he refused to be arrested so he was taken down. His weight did him in, not the cops. In fact.. "acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease as contributing factors in Garner's death"

www.cnn.com...

Garner was breaking the law but somehow he thought he was above the law. Surprise... He learned the hard way he was not. Selling illegal cigarettes is against the law. Go get a real job instead of ripping off society and maybe this stuff wouldn't happen.

Spin away...

You know how many articles I can find of farmers being arrested for selling natural milk, and organic vegetables. I suppose we shouldn't bat an eye if they were to have protested a nonsense arrest and be killed.

Oh that's right, he died because he was fat......

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Selling illegal cigarettes is against the law.

It's NYC. Nearly every bodega sells loose cigarettes. Many cops buy loose cigarettes and find a secluded place to smoke.

Every day, cops walk back and forth through this in NYC…

Canal Street. An outdoor mega-mall of ILLEGAL counterfeit designer goods. Any single counterfeit purse, wallet, scarf, suit, jeans, watch, etc. carries a much more significant fine/penalty than selling loose cigarettes.
edit on 3-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ok, what would you have done? Have we come to a point in this society where we just walk away from the law breakers? This guy was breaking the law. Then he got loud and refused to go peacefully. The cops gave him an opportunity to go quietly. The thug didn't like that so he got all tribal about it. Go ahead and champion the cause of the thieves and thugs.

I for one am glad this cop took this law breaking thug down. Its not his first arrest for the same violation but it certainly was his last.

You keep championing the lowest common denominator and soon enough the lowest common denominator is ruling the empire.. Oops, too late, Who is President?

Spin away.,..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is #ing disgusting.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is about race. Even if the cops at the scene weren't racists (likely were though) it is STILL about race. Why? Cities, counties etc... are making a fortune off harassing black people, trumping up charges in way too many cases. Why only black people? Because racism allows them to, not enough people care that it's happening and too many people enjoy it the fact that it's happening. Local governments exploit that racism.

"The whole damn system is guilty as hell."

/puke

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ok, what would you have done? Have we come to a point in this society where we just walk away from the law breakers? This guy was breaking the law. Then he got loud and refused to go peacefully. The cops gave him an opportunity to go quietly. The thug didn't like that so he got all tribal about it. Go ahead and champion the cause of the thieves and thugs.

I for one am glad this cop took this law breaking thug down. Its not his first arrest for the same violation but it certainly was his last.

You keep championing the lowest common denominator and soon enough the lowest common denominator is ruling the empire.. Oops, too late, Who is President?

Spin away.,..

Glad you feel safer because a guy doing nothing more than selling cigs without a tax stamp is dead. /end sarcarsm

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

He resisted arrest and started getting loud with the cops.

Was he under arrest? for what? I was under the impression the cops were just asking him questions. Is getting loud a crime? I wasn't aware of that.

Garner was breaking the law but somehow he thought he was above the law.

What law was he breaking?

Selling illegal cigarettes is against the law.

He had NO cigarettes on him at the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So you are saying because others are doing it he should be able to break the law too? Why is that? If its against the law he should have stopped or found a better way to get away with it. He was an idiot criminal that got busted for the same crime before. He must not have resisted the other time huh? This time he went tribal and paid the price..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
This is about race. Even if the cops at the scene weren't racists (likely were though) it is STILL about race. Why? Cities, counties etc... are making a fortune off harassing black people, trumping up charges in way too many cases. Why only black people? Because racism allows them to, not enough people care that it's happening and too many people enjoy it the fact that it's happening. Local governments exploit that racism.

"The whole damn system is guilty as hell."

/puke

So are you saying white people aren't harassed because of how they look to the popo?

If your answer is yes, I am prematurely calling you out as delusional!

I am a long haired, bearded white male who could easily be a member of the Sons of Anarchy without any makeup! I get profiled just as much as young black males!

Quit race pimpin!

If you truly want to address police brutality and unwarranted "stop and frisks" leave race out of it!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh come on.. He certainly did. Are you saying that the cops are lying and they dont have evidence? The guy was busted for the same thing before.. I will give the cops the benefit of the doubt here.

Don't be a thug and you wont end up dead. Its that simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So you are saying because others are doing it he should be able to break the law too?

I'm saying it's such a common NYC thing, there was no need for a violent arrest. Bodega owners caught doing it get tickets, not arrests. It's NOT a crime for which an arrest is required, nor typical.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Death if you sell lucy's.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It looks like everyone wants it to be okay to kill "thugs".

I'd like to go back to the days of when you broke the law you got arrested, went to trial and then were found either guilty or not guilty of a crime and then got sentenced by a judge. (Usually not death if it was just theft or robbery or even minor assault)

I don't really want a bunch of wanna be judge dredd's walking around killing people for petty theft. you could be next...your daughter could shoplift. Cops could kill her. and if the cops kill her, they won't go to trial. It will be a behind closed doors session or "grand jury" as they call it. Nothing grand about it though. Keep that in mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Calling out racism isn't race pimping. Jesus Christ I have heard enough BS about that... stop it!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Via Twitter, people are already headed to Rockefeller Center, where the tree lighting ceremony is due in a few hours, chanting, "No Justice No Tree."

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ok, what would you have done? Have we come to a point in this society where we just walk away from the law breakers?

Well for starters when he said he couldn't breathe use a little critical thinking yeah?

You keep championing the lowest common denominator and soon enough the lowest common denominator is ruling the empire..

I'm assuming that was rhetorical or a generalization but if it was guinely expressed towards me, I'd say, well if we don't put ourselves into a cast system we could instead help one another instead of giving what we earn to those who will spend it on weapons and # to use on us for selling cigarettes and #.

Oops, too late, Who is President?

Yeah you answered it yourself....

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join