It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Now I know that is BS.
I have seen a 5 foot woman do a one man take down (the guy was 6'5) and no one was hurt.
Just a little training is all it takes.

I hope the NYC police department review their techniques and change them to MAPA or something which restrains but does not harm folk.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Did the guy die from the choke hold ?

Or was it because the guy weighed 350, and was a walking heart attack?

Exactly he was walking and alive for 43 years until he was choked to death by NYPD. This isn't rocket science. The part where he screams "I can't breathe" gives it away. NYPD was clearly responsible for his death.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm intelligent enough to realize that bullies strike the most often and the most severely when no one is looking against the ones with the least amount of friends. It's because of racism that black people are the most targeted by the entire justice system.

Well, I hope your not white!

The race war is coming, and I hope you remember making the issue about race and not about the police state, when the police are not there to protect you!

I respect your opinion, but I sure as hell don't agree with it!

So I guess at this point we have one choice. We agree to disagree?

I do find it odd that you used the term "bullies" though!

I am pretty sure the store owner in Ferguson felt like he was about to get his ass whooped when MB jacked him up.....
edit on 3-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
I think they shut down cell service in Rockefeller Center, normal routine for expected massive crowds (they do it every 4th of July here in Boston at least). Streams pop back up now and then then drop a few seconds later.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'm white. Why should that matter?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The race war is coming,

Well it better hurry up, and get here. They only have two years left playing that card.

Then it will be a new one.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm white. Why should that matter?

Are you kidding me???

Your the one making this about the color of a persons skin, not me!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm calling this crap for what it is... racism. You seem to think white people shouldn't do that?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Because this issue is a racial one.

No it isn't!

Why do you choose to ignore those of us who are white that have suffered from the police state?

Whites being mistreated is no justification for the dismissal of racism against blacks though.

Consider the mentality of a racist for a second, can you honestly tell me they wouldn't be attracted to a position of power, that allows them to enforce their idea of morality against people they see as threats?

Obviously not all cops are racist, but the nature of the job attracts many. When stop and frisk went into play, there where many concerns about racial profiling. Pointing out that whites have been harassed by cops, did nothing to change the fact that blacks where by far the most negatively effected by it.

There are still some levels of systematic racism in place. It's doesn't always come out and blatantly yell racial slurs, it's usually done more in more slick ways

for example.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion
Exactly he was walking and alive for 43 years until he was choked to death by NYPD. This isn't rocket science. The part where he screams "I can't breathe" gives it away. NYPD was clearly responsible for his death.

Agreed. It doesn't matter if his death was caused directly or indirectly by the choke hold itself, the fact is, the man likely would not have died if the police had taken less aggressive measures to restrain him. Nothing from the video suggests to me that the measures taken were necessary. His offense was a relatively minor one and he didn't appear to be resisting violently. Although I think there's usually a rational justification for the actions of the police in these cases, this time, I can't see one from where I'm sitting.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I am still trying to fathom a reason for the takedown in the first place...

I guess those tobacco taxes help fund the local PD and they weren't having any of that...?

overkill to the max...

IF this guy had been a murder suspect, just carjacked a vehicle, or robbed a bank? perhaps...

Selling contraband smokes, if he actually was that day? not worthy of an all out bum rush of LEO's taking him down...

Instead of calling for backup, they should have let the victim back up and catch his breath, and perhaps survive the day?

I guess I am more disappointed in the grand jury's decision that no crime was committed... seemed at least to me manslaughter worthy by the video alone?

Hope the protesters keep it real, don't provoke, and just let their voices be heard this evening in NYC...

You don't have to provoke the LEO in NYC, to illicit an overwhelming response... don't test them lest you get some taste of the sidewalk and a charge of avoiding the city's ridiculous tobacco taxes.. pfft!

I need to stop, I have leapt into rant land, apologies

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Former LEO interviewed just now on CNN angrily and bitterly said that the choice was either taker Garner down by the neck or with a night stick.

WTF!?

There is nothing in between for a non-violent, unarmed offender in America?

It was a shockingly bad, desperate attempt at defending the indefensible.

I saw that too. It was both infuriating for me to hear but also a prime example of the cultural problem in law enforcement we see nation wide.

The first reaction by cops always seems to be to protect their own, no matter the circumstances. That's the biggest reason why I disagree with the whole "bad apple" argument. It's not just a few bad apples. It's a cultural issue where countless other cops just go along, back up their brothers in arms, defend the department and profession as if it's them against the world.

The idea the only two options to deal with a guy who illegally sold cigarettes is to beat him with a baton or choke him to death is ludicrous. What's just as ludicrous was that cop saying if you can say you can't breath, you actually can breath, so there isn't a problem.

If put that cop in a choke hold, you can be damn sure he'd be squealing for his life. The idea I could respond with, you're complaining so there's no issue, you can breath, is just asinine. Do cops now not know you can hold your breath for 1-2 mins and squeeze out words, even when in a harmful situation?
edit on 3-12-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Whites being mistreated is no justification for the dismissal of racism against blacks though.

So Trayvn Martin, Michael Brown, And this latest one is all about RACE eh ?

More like the media, and a certain group of people in politics. Cherry picking a few events to spin their false narrative.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: seeker1963

Because this issue is a racial one.

No it isn't!

Why do you choose to ignore those of us who are white that have suffered from the police state?

Consider the mentality of a racist for a second, can you honestly tell me they wouldn't be attracted to a position of power, that allows them to enforce their idea of morality against people they see as threats?

Obviously not all cops are racist, but the nature of the job attracts many. When stop and frisk went into play, there where many concerns about racial profiling. Pointing out that whites have been harassed by cops, did nothing to change the fact that blacks where by far the most negatively effected by it.

There are still some levels of systematic racism in place. It's doesn't always come out and blatantly yell racial slurs, it's usually done more in more slick ways

for example.

I am not dismissing that there are people of ALL colors who may be racist!

I said ALL COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!

But why are my instances of police involvement disregarded because I am white?

Aren't we all human beings?

I'm pretty damn sure that my views are necessary IF equality and addressing the "police state" is going to be addressed in a manner that will treat all human beings as equals.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here's StopmotionSolo's stream

Nowhere near Rockefeller unfortunately.

link   
Does the County have any militarized equipment?

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: neo96

Seems like he died for selling smokes, actually.

He received a death penalty in NY for selling UNTAXED cigarettes. NY liberal authorities are fanatical about Taxes and Tobacco.

I can attest to that being both a NYer and a smoker. $11.00 a pack, no wonder there's a market for singles

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

originally posted by: neo96

Did the guy die from the choke hold ?

Or was it because the guy weighed 350, and was a walking heart attack?

1: If he were choked to death, there are clear indicators in an autopsy that would show so. There weren't. He didn't die from asphyxiation.
2: Ask someone to choke you, for real, to the point where you can't breath. Then try to yell out words.
edit on 3-12-2014 by thrustbucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

False narrative?

The NYCPD have been banned from using choke holds for 21 years...they kill a guy using one and they get off.
People can spin it all they like but I just see it as a policeman who committed manslaughter and got off.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is not about racism ffs! Stop completely missing the issue at hand just like tptb want you to with their media control. This is about police militarization, failure of the justice system, and all out war on the American populace, all colors.

Cops who behave in this manner see themselves as superior - over us all, white civillian black civillian etc it does not matter we are nothing to police like this but a target for psychopathic tendencies.

If everybody would quit making this about race and make it about the failure of policing in this country then maybe something wouldve actually been done about it by now...

The only racial issue here is the fact that it seems only Black people have enough balls to stand up and say enough is enough. Perhaps this appears this way only because the MSM frenzies over white cop black guy stories....we need to protest the murders not gone crazy over by the MSM as those are the ones that are not destined for failure.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join