It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Sorry you had to see so many Hispanics in one day. Must have been very traumatizing for you.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Those stats are from four years ago.

All you have to do is spend one day there to see what a joke those stats are.

Not even close when you count all the illegals.

I really did laugh when I looked those numbers up earlier.

I think any complaint that starts with ethnicity, skin color, religion etc. and ends with "too many" needs to be thought about more.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Some of the posts in this thread are just downright xenophobic

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
This is not fueled by the drug war at all. As I stated before, before the Mexican cartels set up, there were the Columbian cartels and those in Mexico, were simply mules and the middle men, with getting very little in the way of money to transport it across the country. It was not until after the fall of the Columbians, that the Mexican cartels started to gain prominence and more of a role in the local and area politics.

The Mexican federal government is more interested in maintaining control over the individual states. Money flows into the pockets of the politicians and they do not ask where it is coming from. So if they were having those who were selling illegal firearms or weapons, there is a good chance they would look the other way with the right bribe.

The problem with the drug war, is not that it is not a good idea, but it was done in a bad way. Money was spent on trying to stop the people from using, but not on rehabilitating, combined with the fact that agencies of the US federal government were getting involved in such, and bringing such in.

You stated: “Well with the WOD gone, all fo the money put towards it is freed up. We won’t need as much border sercurity, so that is more money that is freed up.

The issue is not that illegal immigrants are coming from the north, but from the south up through the Mexican border with the USA.

Really? Name one country in the past 20 years that the US has tried to fix, that did not end in diseaster? Iran, we tried to fix that country and now that country hates us. Russia, well that went over like a lead balloon. Iraq, is falling apart. Afganistan is having a lot of inner turmoil. Cuba, well last time I checked that did not go over so well. Korea, a country in perpetual conflict with no peace in sight. Vietman, well that went south, and we are now just having relations with such. China, I guess Mao is very supportive of that we did not go in, wait we did support Chang, and his government fled to Tiwan. Pannama, well that is one dictator that is still spending time in a prison. El Salvador, I am sure the victims of the Sandanista’s really appreciate the help we gave. And the list goes on. And what about the people of West Africa? After all I am sure the homosexuals are very grateful for the religious ideas that we gave them. And I am sure glad that we are so supportive of the corrupt government of Ethiopia, people that the US federal government supports. And what about Egypt, I am sure the victims of the dictators were so happy for the US aid.

Really, then why did the US accept all of the children that came in without an adult? If they are showing up in mass numbers, send them home. Do not just let them sit and wait for a trial, there should be no trial what so ever, it is they show up, put them on a bus, or plane and deport automatically. Why should the USA be so lienent as it has been, when the very same countries have more of a tougher immigration stance?

It used to be people showing up, would first be quarantined, then have to go to class to take history lessons, pass a test, speak English, and then would be welcomed in. But these people do not want to make this country their home, they are here to get what they can and then leave. Most legal immigrants come here to seek for a better life, the leave their old country behind and the allegiences to such. Big difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: rubbertramp
a reply to: Night Star

sad to say, that's how it works. not to long ago i could walk onto any job site and run heavy equipment for minimum 20 bucks an hour, even up to 30+.
now i'm offered 9 or so, i gave up even trying, i've had employers literally say things like, 'but that' s what we pay the migrants/illegals.'
now one needs to go to alaska or north dakota for those kinds of wages.

I've known Illegal Immigrants that work for GOVERNMENT here. Have cubicles and their own phone extensions and everything. No E-Verify means they could even be in the Governors office potentially. I've known Illegals in the film industry that make da.mn good money and they keep getting hired because they know the job so well and they're good at it. But in fact, they STOLE an American job to get there. Many of the assistants and production help are making Union wages on sets and working loads of hours and overtime.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Not one government employee is un-documented, they may not be citizens but they are documented and paying taxes.

Any Union film will not have any undocumented either. And I doubt that independants would shy away from the undocumented as well - I'll ask around - as 'the industry' is one of the last bastions of Unions in the country - and Unions don't mess with that stuff and most working independantly are going doing so until they can get their Union Card.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

In here, we speak American.

...or Ammurikan.. or murrikan... or murkan... they took our jobs! dirka dirka!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

Not judging here but relaying my impression - read the whole post to understand where I am going.

"Not judging here but..." is a sure sign of judgement. I don't read past that point and others (primarily the ones to seem to want to reach) may not as well.

Suggestion - Don't say it, don't write it, don't think it. And - look at what you are saying, read it outloud and ask are you truly not judging.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Believe what you want but as there are many "prophets" here on ATS...I'll take my stab at it. California will continue growing with the same issues that are making Mexico unlivable. Drugs, crime, families bigger than they could ever hope to be able to support. Run down ghettos, places about town you don't dare pass through. There you have it. I give it 4 years, put it on your calendars.
I fell in love with Dusseldorf Germany and Zurich Switzerland. Dare I just move in there and demand equal rights, demand them to put signs up I can read or speak my language! All the above would get my ass packed up and shipped home, not to mention I wouldn't be allowed to stay.
Whatever, it's a mess but that's what our leaders want....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
California is a textbook perfect example of what happens when liberals are in charge. Now we have a liberal led government. And look at what is happening on a national level now. The same thing that happened to California. We will never solve this problem as long as people refuse to admit there even is a problem. This is the only country on earth that lets people from other countries vote in their elections. And we wonder why there don't seem to be many politicians who have America's best interests at heart. Is it really that confusing? Really?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Because diversity is white genocide right ? Sorry mr the world may be controlled to an extint by white people but it doesnt revolve around them. At one time the native americans problaby looked at whites the same way, and they really got shafted
edit on 12pm712America/Chicago3135k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

Its happening. Just look at all the pacified 5th columnist and the huge amount of denial. Listen to the voices around us everywhere humming the death dirge.

By the way this thread......haven't seen so much race bait in once place in a long time.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Annee
Where in Los Angeles are you speaking of?

Many of the streets in Los Angeles are Spanish names. Ever heard of Olvera Street?

Los Angeles had ethnic neighborhoods (just like New York). Mexicans had their area, Blacks had their area, Asians had their area, Whites had their area, Jews had their area etc.

And for the most part they all stayed in their own areas. But, not today.

The only difference I see today is ---- they live where ever they want.

I've lived all over Los Angeles and California, North to South. When I was a kid it was pockets. Now it's entire cities which are Hispanic. And it was NOT an organic osmosis of just people having children. There are entire neighborhoods where it is Illegals in entire apartment buildings and homes and where even the businesses themselves have decided no English is to be spoken and any other Americans are 'strangers'. Look at what happened to HOLLYWOOD in the past 10 years. I mean that right there is a blaring example.

As far as street names....Guess who spoke Spanish?....the Spanish.

Just which 'entire cities' are you talking about. Hollywood - are you kidding - it isn't even close to being an 'entire city which is Hispanic and do you mean Hollywood - the neighborhood in LA or West Hollywood the independant city? Two differnent entities - which different geogrpaphical boundaries and demographics.

Here's some real information about Hollywood:

Latino 42%, Whites 41% with Blacks and others making up the rest - hardly an entire city.....

maps.latimes.com...

and here's some about West Hollywood:

Whoa - Latino 9.0%, White 81% and the rest make up the difference. With Russian and German being the most prevalent ethnicities.

maps.latimes.com...

Hey Mr. California - you don't know *&^%$**

edit on 2-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

(post by Dukesy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This kind of diversity IS white genocide. How many examples have there been in the last year of white, Christian, Americans having to forego or change their beliefs and behaviors for fear of offending an immigrant? We cant even say Merry Christmas any more. We cant hang a flag on our own home for fear of insulting someone from another country. Restaurants are being forced to remove pork from their menus for fear of offending muslims. THIS IS AMERICA. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT - GET THE HELL OUT. No one made you come here. No one is making you stay. Our benefits, education, welfare, medicine, jobs are all good but not our beliefs or way of life. No other nation has been forced to surrender its national identity as much as the US has in the last ten years. Its pitiful.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The ironic part of it that people would say that I am 'racist' or "xenophobic" because one of the things about Illegal Immigration I dislike is the language barrier, specifically the Hispanics who speak SPANISH.

Then I remembered Spanish comes from SPAIN, based in Latin, like so many languages. Then I thought of how I am PORTUGUESE (which speak another Romance language) which home country is right next to SPAIN.

Out of anyone here I'm the closest to a Spaniard, unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Some of the posts in this thread are just downright xenophobic

Xenophobia isn't a bad thing always.

People like to have a culture, at any given time add to that the reality that half of people are kind of stupid and just don't adapt well be it learning languages or whatever and too much immigration or drastic cultural differences can be a train wreck...

It's hard to make a culture work, through history this has taken hundreds of years normally, now I don't think it's as tough today, but I do think when you allow immigration there should be rules to follow, like learning the language or you get a great deal of chaos and unhappiness.

America isn't perfect, it was pointed out earlier the nations rising in the modern world tend to be a bit xenophobic, it's called Unity and to have it you have to have a culture that people share to some degree at least, shared holidays, shared values, these things help a society function

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dukesy

He's not an idiot...He has a different opinion.

We have to win hearts and minds through intelligent dialogue.

I agree entirely with your post...except for the name calling.

He is a member in good standing. Let's do this right.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
This kind of diversity IS white genocide. How many examples have there been in the last year of white, Christian, Americans having to forego or change their beliefs and behaviors for fear of offending an immigrant? We cant even say Merry Christmas any more. We cant hang a flag on our own home for fear of insulting someone from another country. Restaurants are being forced to remove pork from their menus for fear of offending muslims. THIS IS AMERICA. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT - GET THE HELL OUT. No one made you come here. No one is making you stay. Our benefits, education, welfare, medicine, jobs are all good but not our beliefs or way of life. No other nation has been forced to surrender its national identity as much as the US has in the last ten years. Its pitiful.

Not only White genocide, genocide for everyone else too. lol

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I should amend that to say American genocide. Its the American way of life and beliefs that are suffering, not just the white.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Did anyone catch Obama going in for the Celtic vote the other day? Does anyone even know what I am talking about?

Gots to pay attention to these little things.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join