It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Night Star

We have the number of languages that our society can bare. If we can function well with 200 languages, then so be it. We appear to be functioning just fine with Spanish quickly becoming a secondary language in this country, so why fight it?

I lost a job position because I couldn't speak Spanish.

This was in Los Angeles. I actually consider it my fault for not being fully qualified for the job.

I had every chance to learn Spanish growing up here. I threw those chances away. My fault.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Hey if you had health insurance you could have gone anywhere.

Sweetheart they were here first - don't forget it. You could use this as a learning experience. A taste of what minorities go through everyday.

Better learn to speak Spanish.

viva El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles

Actually you have no idea of history, the Spaniards (People closer to ME) and the Russians were more "owners" of this land after the natives then anyone else. Mexican, Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Filipinos, Armenians, Koreans have no historical or moral claim to Los Angeles

That's right.

LOL Spaniards gives it away as they were European.

Technically speaking the CONUS belonged to the Native Americans.

And we all know they don't speak spanish.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: blargo
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Great post. I think there is one more thing on top of what you said that would help fix the problem. There should be a migrant worker program that allows for people to easily go between countries due to time sensitive work. Put the things you stated in place and add migrant worker status and I think the whole problem disappears.

Not bad. It's interesting how people want to keep banging their head against the wall trying to keep these people out, even though it is quite clear that no matter how much border security we employ, we won't keep them out. But of course, just like any problem in America, to actually attempt real solutions requires the government to admit it made a mistake somewhere. No one cares about real solutions. Kick the can and bandaids are the name of the game, but hey if we call them "solutions" then people will believe it (like the guy I was responding to with my post you linked).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
lol so much stupidity...

OP, let me tell you as a person raised in NY, the country in't being over run, the impetus of Immigration has just shifted from East to West, LA is an immigration HUB, if you live in LA your going to be surrounded by the coming wave and that is it...

But let me tell you something about Genetics and Demographics...

NY had the Irish come over in waves FOB (fresh off the boat) they were desperate formed gangs committed crimes and looked "different" even though they were lilly white... over a generation or two, their children adapted blended in and moved all over the country, the Irish in NY compromise a small neighborhood or so today.

Then the Italians came, very "Olive", the formed gangs and Mafias, committed crimes, their children adapted married out of the community spread around the country, The Italians only represent one or two small neighborhoods now... ditto for the Jews in the same time frame.

Recently the Russians came, they formed Mafias, etc, etc.... in the 90's growing up my whole borough went from Italian to Russian...guess what most have them have already left aside from a small area around Brighton beach.... now literally HALF of Brooklyn is ASIAN...

The Immigration was south for bit but that was limited, now it comes from Asia sooooo..... LA is an immigrant city

I'm only 400 miles away, everybody is white as Frack...

Mexicans are roughly 63% European ancestry, the wave is slowing not increasing it will wind down, their children will go to American schools, they will spread out marry Caucasians and over a couple of generations they will be known as "Brunettes" over time...

The only wave that will change the American landscape overtime will be the Asians, that Wave will last decades, unlike anyone else aside from African Americans (whose numbers are declining, went from 13% to 12% this year) they have no European ancestry, but fortunately Asians don't bother anyone lol... tend to "occupy" the Ivy League

Caucasians actually Thanks to this last Hispanic wave will be the majority for a long time to come, Hispanics will be Caucasian with Hispanic last names over a few generations, Heinlein had it right decades ago, go watch the depiction of Argentina in Starship troopers, Blonde to Brunette with Hispanic last names... when your 63% genetically European in the first place already posses the recessive genes for light skin and light eyes, then mate with European descendants over a few generations you end up with Caucasian kids... Generation 3

Those Mexicans as Genetics and time actually saved a Caucasian America for you (if you care so much) Because Canada already has more Asians by % then we Have African Americans and they will over take African Americans by % here in as little as a Decade (good news to me I love Asians) Then by 2050 Overtake Latinos (at the latest) and in time Asians will match Caucasians and we will not just be a Euro Centric Nation but rather a truly Pacific Rim Nation

Thems the facts

That is of course unless China or NK ends up fighting wars with their neighbors in that case you'll see WW2 style immigration and we'll be Asian in a few years not 30....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

a reply to: sdcigarpig

Actually the solution relies in making sure that the home country isn't such a s#y place to live. In order to do this, first you'd need to end the war on drugs. This would get rid of the cartels. Then second, you'd need to start investing money into Mexico's infrastructure (possibly in the newly legalized drug trade). This will start funneling tax money to the government legitimately. Then promote good leadership and education. After awhile the flow of illegals will slow down and America would have two neighbors that it is proud of, instead of just one.

Though I know no one wants to discuss real solutions, because real solutions involve America admitting it made a mistake with the war on drugs. Fat chance that will happen any time soon. Instead we'll bitch about the illegals more and more while putting together bandaids that don't do anything to fix the problem.

I'm not an American beaut I curious to know why you think America should pay for Mexican infrastructure.

It's called investment. In business, you invest money into something so that you can see a positive return from it later. If you can't see the gains that helping Mexico climb out of third world status would have for the US, then you are just blinded by conservatism (we've always done it this way so we have to continue doing it this way). I'd rather live with a neighbor that likes and respects me rather than have a neighbor that is trying to get around my excessive security all the time. In business, cooperative relationships make BOTH parties more money in the end.

The real solution is to seal the border and police it effectively and empower law enforcement to do their job. The solution is also to round up all the illegals in huge sweeps and deport them. Document them as much as possible including DNA samples.

That's not a solution. That's a stop gap measure. It's not going to stop illegals from crossing the border and it will just waste a lot of money and time. In order for an idea to be an ACTUAL solution, it needs to actually STOP the problem efficiently.

Did it ever occur to you that if Mexico weren't such a crappy place to live, people wouldn't want to come here so badly? Fixing Mexico, stops the problem from the source instead of trying to plug the flow while the water is running. Then we wouldn't NEED to spend all that money on border security, make laws that aren't always followed, or empower police officers with too much authority.

So pouring hundreds of billions into building another counties infrastructure is going to give you a positive net financial return?
If it's In the form of loans, I can understand. But that's not what you said.

And as for it being a stop gap measure, sure it is, if you're a leftist who thinks western countries should keep the borders open and let the riff raff flood in unchecked.
What I suggested wasn't a stop gap measure but a PERMANENT solution.

People like you obviously don't realize that the globalist agenda has resulted in western countries having their borders thrown wide open. From south eastern Europe to Australia to America.

Ask your self why governments, all major parties which are sell outs to globalist corporations, do nothing to SERIOUS and LONG TERM to stop illegal immigration and send illegal Immigrants home.

In Australia we've had the smoke and mirrors of turning back the boats. Those people will eventually get in anyway. But why aren't they doing anything about the illegals here already? There's thousands of Albanian illegal immigrants herr on fake passports. Why are they still here?

In Greece, with an economic crisis, tens of thousands of illegals are still being funneled over by Turkey. They couldn't cope with illegals before the crisis how can they now? They wanted to build a border fence...EU reacted angrily and stopped it. WHY? For the same reason why they give illegals citizenship. Because it's part of the globalist agenda.

In France and other parts of Europe further north illegals riot and turn neighborhood's into ghettos...Why don't they deport them?

People like you are too taken in by the leftist ideology that's infested our education systems in the west.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Hey if you had health insurance you could have gone anywhere.

Sweetheart they were here first - don't forget it. You could use this as a learning experience. A taste of what minorities go through everyday.

Better learn to speak Spanish.

viva El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles

Actually you have no idea of history, the Spaniards (People closer to ME) and the Russians were more "owners" of this land after the natives then anyone else. Mexican, Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Filipinos, Armenians, Koreans have no historical or moral claim to Los Angeles

That's right.

LOL Spaniards gives it away as they were European.

Technically speaking the CONUS belonged to the Native Americans.

And we all know they don't speak spanish.

Neither do Mexicans.

If you want to nit pic.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

WHAT ?

Mexicans don't speak spanish ?

Reaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
lol, 2 romance languages

accident accidente
accidental accidental
accompany (to) acompañar
acrobatic acrobático(a)
active activo (a)
activities actividades
admire (to) admirar
admit (to) admitir
adult adulto
adventure aventura

The list goes on to 40% of the 2 languages

Nobody can speak to each other.

Murica, can't wait for another 20 years to pass and everyone is dealing with Mandarin... the Chaos will be Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how melanin content, language, geographical location of origin, gender, sexuality, and what imaginary friends we choose communicate (or not communicate) with, combined with the 24/7/365 information/emotion influx of the internet and the digital age, has driven humanity so completely, hopelessly, insane.

I feel like I went to bed sometime in 2014 (maybe 2008 lol) and woke up in 1940.

This is getting so unreal.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Annee

WHAT ?

Mexicans don't speak spanish ?

Reaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly?

Ask someone who speaks real Spanish.

But, then some say Americans don't speak English.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That is an idea, however, what do you do when it turns out that the government and various agencies are highly corrupt?

Building up a country is one thing, but if the government is corrupt and no good, it does no good to pump money into that system as it will turn around and go elsewhere. The facts are that the Mexican government runs on a totally different mentality and is highly different than that of the USA. It is dealing with a whole set of social issues, that will take years to sort out.

And can the US really afford to go into all these different countries to try to build up their infrastructures? How many more millions does the tax payer have to put into corrupt systems and dictatorships, or have their hands bitten before we decide it is not worth it?

I know this sounds a bit isolationist, but the facts are that the US governmental foreign policies and foreign aid is so messed up, it is not even funny, nor should it be something that we should consider. The US needs to stay out of the world affairs for a bit, allow for us to decide who we are, and the direction we want to go, and start fixing our own social and economic problems before trying to fix someone else’s or interfering in another countries internal affairs. Far too often it has backfired and turned out to be a total disaster to the US, and history will show that. Starting in the 1920’s there was Russia and China, and Korea, and Vietnam, and Cuba, and any number of South American countries, and Latin American Countries, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Middle East, Africa.
How many countries do we need to have policies or influence on, which goes and collapses?
We need to be good neighbors first, and this is a 2 fold issue. The first is that US business needs to stop looking at the illegal immigrants as a source of cheap labor, and the illegal immigrants need to stop looking at the USA as a cash machine. There needs to be a full and total change in the immigration policy, to include working with our neighbors to the north and south, and to give a clear cut set of laws and regulations that outline how a person can get into the country, what is expected and what will disqualify a person from coming and living here. And the enforcement of the laws need to be equal across the board. That means there can not be cities or organizations or even states that choose to ignore the laws, while others get over aggressive in the enforcement of such.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

It's not surreal...

Nationalism, I can talk to anyone anywhere in the world on auto translate (have some minor issues in Burma and parts of Africa) Nationalism makes going places a nightmare, they own us you see, same as WW2, it's a not a time warp the same system is in place.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
So pouring hundreds of billions into building another counties infrastructure is going to give you a positive net financial return?
If it's In the form of loans, I can understand. But that's not what you said.

As long as it is invested properly, it certainly can. Loan or gift.

And as for it being a stop gap measure, sure it is, if you're a leftist who thinks western countries should keep the borders open and let the riff raff flood in unchecked.
What I suggested wasn't a stop gap measure but a PERMANENT solution.

First off, at no point did I suggest that America should eliminate its borders. Second, your solution is a HUGE waste of money and man power. We already have tons of border patrol personnel on the border, tons of immigration laws, and building a bigger wall on our southern border would just be a HUGE money sink. Meanwhile, I want to stop the problem at its source by bringing our neighbor into the first world. For some reason you find this offensive.

People like you obviously don't realize that the globalist agenda has resulted in western countries having their borders thrown wide open. From south eastern Europe to Australia to America.

People like you... *eye roll* You know nothing of my politics.

Ask your self why governments, all major parties which are sell outs to globalist corporations, do nothing to SERIOUS and LONG TERM to stop illegal immigration and send illegal Immigrants home.

I have asked myself this. Many times, and for many different problems than just illegal immigration. The reason politicians and government don't offer real solutions to problems is because it is easier to kick the problem down the road while applying a bandaid for the problem now. This is because a politician knows he most likely won't be in office his whole life (yes I know there are politicians who retire in office, but that isn't everyone) so he doesn't have to look for long term solutions. There are more reasons to it that extend way beyond your political rhetoric even begins to explain (you aren't even close to answering the question).

In Australia we've had the smoke and mirrors of turning back the boats. Those people will eventually get in anyway. But why aren't they doing anything about the illegals here already? There's thousands of Albanian illegal immigrants herr on fake passports. Why are they still here?

In Greece, with an economic crisis, tens of thousands of illegals are still being funneled over by Turkey. They couldn't cope with illegals before the crisis how can they now? They wanted to build a border fence...EU reacted angrily and stopped it. WHY? For the same reason why they give illegals citizenship. Because it's part of the globalist agenda.

In France and other parts of Europe further north illegals riot and turn neighborhood's into ghettos...Why don't they deport them?

People like you are too taken in by the leftist ideology that's infested our education systems in the west.

Yea, god forbid we treat people from other countries like human beings and not cattle that we can ship where ever we want in the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

That is an idea, however, what do you do when it turns out that the government and various agencies are highly corrupt?

Building up a country is one thing, but if the government is corrupt and no good, it does no good to pump money into that system as it will turn around and go elsewhere. The facts are that the Mexican government runs on a totally different mentality and is highly different than that of the USA. It is dealing with a whole set of social issues, that will take years to sort out.

This is why it is IMPERATIVE that we end the war on drugs first and dismantle the cartels. The main source of the corruption in the Mexican government is drug money. End that and it will become a lot harder to bribe officials with dirty money (not that bribes will go away it just won't be dirty money). Obviously we won't be able to end all corruption, but those things would go a long way to ending the violence and blatant government abuse. Also with the new legalized recreational drug industry, Mexico could seize that industry and make bank on exporting these drugs to the US.

And can the US really afford to go into all these different countries to try to build up their infrastructures? How many more millions does the tax payer have to put into corrupt systems and dictatorships, or have their hands bitten before we decide it is not worth it?

Well with the WoD gone, all that money put towards it is freed up. We won't need as much border security so that is more money freed up.

I know this sounds a bit isolationist, but the facts are that the US governmental foreign policies and foreign aid is so messed up, it is not even funny, nor should it be something that we should consider. The US needs to stay out of the world affairs for a bit, allow for us to decide who we are, and the direction we want to go, and start fixing our own social and economic problems before trying to fix someone else’s or interfering in another countries internal affairs. Far too often it has backfired and turned out to be a total disaster to the US, and history will show that. Starting in the 1920’s there was Russia and China, and Korea, and Vietnam, and Cuba, and any number of South American countries, and Latin American Countries, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Middle East, Africa.

I like being isolationist too, but in this day and age it is impossible. Mexico is right next door and its steady flow of illegals (and illegal drugs) is creating a bigger problem by the day. How can you fix internal problems if an external problem is exasperating all of them?

How many countries do we need to have policies or influence on, which goes and collapses?
We need to be good neighbors first, and this is a 2 fold issue. The first is that US business needs to stop looking at the illegal immigrants as a source of cheap labor, and the illegal immigrants need to stop looking at the USA as a cash machine. There needs to be a full and total change in the immigration policy, to include working with our neighbors to the north and south, and to give a clear cut set of laws and regulations that outline how a person can get into the country, what is expected and what will disqualify a person from coming and living here. And the enforcement of the laws need to be equal across the board. That means there can not be cities or organizations or even states that choose to ignore the laws, while others get over aggressive in the enforcement of such.

This is why you have to make it so that the Mexicans WANT to live in Mexico and can earn a good living there instead of here. The malfunctioning link is Mexico and the US is doing everything in its power to put its finger in the hole in the dike. When it really needs to go to the other side and patch it from there.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by xavi1000 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Why should they not learn to speak english?

English is not the official language of the USA, so they can speak whatever they like and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hasta la vista baby! :p
i usually dont chime in to these type of threads, but dam the ignorance is deafening. Op your totally correct in your assumption. Every other race i.e. Russians, Germans, Asians, Japanese, Chinese,etc,etc,etc all learned that the native language is English, thus learned it. However we have illegals being flooded south of the border, strickly for political gain and all law abiding citizens "all" whom changed from their former language are suppose to accept this
so the melting pot cliche goes all nationalities minus spanish. My god this country is in trouble

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I wonder how the indigenous Native Americans felt when all these undocumented immigrants from Europe started showing up, and demanding that everyone speak English?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

The City I live in is also a haven for illegals. They undercut all the cleaning,lawn care,house repair jobs in town. They live 20 people to a house with many cars parked in the driveway.

I talk with many of them and they could care less about America they are looking to get enough money to return home. They consider themselves Mexicans. Many do not even learn the language or even try to fit in. I think every American should take a trip down to Mexico and than ask yourself if this is what you want your country to become.

It is only a matter of time before the cartels begin buying off politicians and police. This is when the people will wake up but it will be too late.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

This is a pretty wild story. I took three years of Spanish classes in high school and lately I have been studying and refreshing all of my skills for this particular reason in your post.

I have nothing wrong with Hispanics and have had many Hispanic friends whose parents didn't speak English, but being ignorant and not speaking Spanish (or English) in America is not an excuse for this emergency room madness in my opinion... especially in Los Angeles, a Spanish named city. Speaking both languages should be a high priority in America these days and that is the double truth. The narrow-mindedness of Americans claiming one must learn English in a Spanish dominant city isn't going to cut it anymore. Having the option to learn French, German or Latin in high school is great, but not really necessary in North America. I'd say English first, then Spanish as a requirement, and if you get both of those down then you can choose another language to learn of your desire.

We must learn to live with each other, because I don't foresee illegal immigrants "going back."

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
[SNIPPED]

It may seem like Republicans want cheap labor and Democrats want an invincible voter base but it's really about greed.

Luckily all of the road signs are still in English but the billions spent translating drivers exams into other languages is the most troubling, how are people that only understand Chinese supposed to drive in the US safely? - there is a joke there somewhere but it's not funny.

The difference between Mexicans and Italians is that you'd want to visit Italy on Holiday because as good as it seems there they came here for something even better and are trying to integrate, a large portion of Mexicans are satisfied with snatch and grab jobs they send money back home with, God love them all and I have no malice towards people just trying to live but what you saw in your hospital is the same as most hospitals in southern states especially.

The endgame is that the budgets drawn up don't include the costs of there phantom populations and will forever be short until it hurts lawmakers bottom line, and then and only then will the laws be enforced and 43 million people be sent to the back of the 1.8 million per year line.

Of course being a democratic powerbase that believes in everything natural except selection that will probably never happen.

edit on 2-12-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join