It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

A whole lot more "American Spirit" in the Latinos that I know - hard workers, good community members, educated, politically active. Don't see that in what we used to call in West Virgina - Trailer Trash Culture.

The ignorance of believing only white americans are americans is mind blowing. We are a nation of immigrants.

Yes a nation of immigrants who did try to learn English as a language and Did not receive social benefits from the taxpayers. This time around, things are different.

So it was okay for your forebearers (who probably never learned 'good' english either) but isn't okay for todays potential forebearers.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I can see what your upset about, but the truth is it's only going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hey if you had health insurance you could have gone anywhere.

Sweetheart they were here first - don't forget it. You could use this as a learning experience. A taste of what minorities go through everyday.

Better learn to speak Spanish.

viva El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles

The land was sold fairly to us - don't forget it. It wouldn't hurt for them to learn some English.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lots of yous happy race warriors and slap happy party mixers.

But probably the stupidest and most racist thing I have been seeing for a while now is lumping all white americans under the Angle/Saxton heading. Bunch of ignorant sons of bit**es. Dumb azzes do this all the time.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
California is a textbook perfect example of what happens when liberals are in charge. Now we have a liberal led government. And look at what is happening on a national level now. The same thing that happened to California. We will never solve this problem as long as people refuse to admit there even is a problem. This is the only country on earth that lets people from other countries vote in their elections. And we wonder why there don't seem to be many politicians who have America's best interests at heart. Is it really that confusing? Really?

Yep and we have an economy that is the envy of the world, even in these times.

Ah - I found it - fellow ATSer AlaskanDad posting the following article that compares Kansas's 'Republican Wet Dream' governing to California's 'Commie Granola' governing:

america.aljazeera.com...

It compares the facts to the fantasies:

Now, thanks to recent tax cuts in Kansas and tax hikes in California, we have real-world tests of this idea. So far, the results do not support Laffer’s insistence that lower tax rates always result in more and better-paying jobs. In fact, Kansas’ tax cuts produced much slower job and wage growth than in California.

The empirical evidence that the Laffer curve is not what its promoter insists joins other real-world experience undermining the widely held belief that minimum wage increases reduce employment and income.

But no it is not, as a whole, a bastion of white exclusivity.

And that is the point. Perhaps many of you are looking for this fantasy Whiteland (kinda like a Buddist Pure Land but without the compassion, wisdom and clarity).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

The land was sold fairly to us - don't forget it. It wouldn't hurt for them to learn some English.

Selling land is a pretty 'white' concept. Natives thought it was pretty silly.

And as for being fair - it wasn't. Fair implies all parties have adequate knowledge to make an informed choice. Capitalism doesn't promote 'fair', it promotes exploitation.

But I digress from the topic.

It's called "Egocentric Pattern Projection" - don't ya just love that expression - just learned it myself and had to do a thread on it. Got a whole 3 flags and no replies - can't do better then that.
edit on 2-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dukesy
a reply to: FyreByrd

You are an idiot - you don't get it - the U.S cannot sustain that kind of invasion you idiot. They (Hispanics) may be enjoying the benefits now but in the short term might as well as stayed in Hispanic land because we as a country are going broke. America will no longer be able to help anyone - nor any other nation of people get out of their poverty stricken swine driven government situation. It is the ignorant present administrations idealistic misguided inexperience that is driving this American destroying future. It is the raping of our country at everyone's else expense for no educated reason. FyreByrd you the problem and not part of the solution as usual.

As usual most liberals shoot off their mouths and want their ideal taken care of with everyone's else money. When the Hispanic mothers were shown on TV coming her with children (which was a setup scam) I didn't hear one liberal say - "oh - please come to my home - I will take of you"). If you think for one minute that this president is going to see the beginning of his destruction of America continue - think again honey - get use to it - you idiot.

You weren't listening.

As to raping the country - really, it's the illegals - really?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You know some people are slamming the OP, to those I say let them have an emergency and go the hospital and have medical personal serve them that can't speak English to a proper degree, if it's a life or death issue and answers to questions that get misunderstood, then we will see how you feel ?

And wow don't go to the ER if you have a wart, that is a family doctor or clinic issue, oh wait it's not free, so now these people are clogging up the lines for people with real issues. The doctors should just send them away saying this isn't an emergency, go away. Oh but then they get labelled prejudice. Catch 22

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Selling land is a pretty 'white' concept. Natives thought it was pretty silly.

Yea they did. Their thinking was if you want land just run the other guy out.

Oh wait that was before Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: rubbertramp
a reply to: Night Star

sad to say, that's how it works. not to long ago i could walk onto any job site and run heavy equipment for minimum 20 bucks an hour, even up to 30+.
now i'm offered 9 or so, i gave up even trying, i've had employers literally say things like, 'but that' s what we pay the migrants/illegals.'
now one needs to go to alaska or north dakota for those kinds of wages.

I've known Illegal Immigrants that work for GOVERNMENT here. Have cubicles and their own phone extensions and everything. No E-Verify means they could even be in the Governors office potentially. I've known Illegals in the film industry that make da.mn good money and they keep getting hired because they know the job so well and they're good at it. But in fact, they STOLE an American job to get there. Many of the assistants and production help are making Union wages on sets and working loads of hours and overtime.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Not one government employee is un-documented, they may not be citizens but they are documented and paying taxes.

Any Union film will not have any undocumented either. And I doubt that independants would shy away from the undocumented as well - I'll ask around - as 'the industry' is one of the last bastions of Unions in the country - and Unions don't mess with that stuff and most working independantly are going doing so until they can get their Union Card.

Incorrect. I live in California. I live in Los Angeles and I am born and raised here. There are people that sell IDs by the thousands all over Downtown Los Angeles. They catch the people fresh over the border and they have entire shops which have underground ID makers in back rooms.

You want anything, you can get it, it's known.

There is also no E-Verify...up to GOVERNMENT level. California is a State where E-Verify is banned through ALL phases of security checks. Private, City, County, State. There are no checks, there is no real audit of it.

You have no idea of what you're talking about. I have literally KNOWN Illegal Immigrants which have worked in a Governmental capacity. At lower levels, clerks and administrative, but they exist.

You just have no idea what you're talking about.
edit on 2-12-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You think a census is going to do a good job at counting illegal Mexicans LMAO!!!! That is the most Hilarious thing I have heard all week. I was in Cali, Irvine and L.A. back in 92 and I hardly seen many Mexicans till I went to San Diego. There were more Japanese in LA at that time.

I can only imagine how bad it is right now. The only way to get them to leave is to cut off the money and benefits they get and close the dam border!!! No guns will be required, when the economy tanked a ton of buses were filing out of Florida back to Mehico.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When you look at others what do you see? What is the truth or reality? Some see good while others see something or someone bad. I believe there is the divine spark in every atom of creation when we think negative thoughts about others that is sensed by that divine nature, and is actually connected to your own soul. All things are connected and further fuel our fate wether good or bad. I believe we should have the mind to realise the divine within ourselves and others. Hate for others and anger is actually hate and anger channeled into yourself just in another form. I believe love is the same when we feel love for others it is channeled into ourselves as well. A scientist tried this with different glasses of water channeled hate love peace etc, he then froze the water and studied the effects under a microscope the results were amazing see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

They were here first? How is that a logical argument to what the OP was trying to get through to the readers? They didn't pay a single dime in taxes to help build anything for our country. They take and take and take, complaining the whole time. If they are not legal citizens they should not benefit from any of our Democratic laws that were made to build up a country from nothing. Did Mexico not sell that land (by force sure, the U.S. did take over Mexico City as a persuasion, Mexico folded like their yard furniture)? I will try that next time I foreclose on my house that I built, show up 30 years later and start eating and sleeping in that newly remodeled house with a pool I couldn't afford to build. I was there first anyways. What if legal Americans just started killing illegal immigrants? They are invaders of our country IMHO. Like little brown Trojan horses, sneaking in and destroying a nation by their own presence. That would be a sight, and would probably cause many to retreat back to the country they remain loyal to and yet flee it in droves.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyJackjohn

The narrow-mindedness of Americans claiming one must learn English in a Spanish dominant city isn't going to cut it anymore.

So if your city becomes Spanish dominate, every resident in that city will have to learn Spanish? They can't go to a hospital or a restaurant or whatever just because of one group of people? That isn't going to cut it. When all other foreign speakers learn and speak English, including the Hispanics who came here legally, we are to change just for the Spanish speakers who refuse to learn the language of the land? You mean that all new immigrants, no matter where they are from or what their home language is, now has to learn English AND Spanish in order to live here?

There are over 200 languages spoken here people. To cater to just one group causes problems. I know how the Asians, Africans, Indians etc. where I used to work felt when they saw signs being put up around the place in Spanish. It places the Spanish speakers above all the others in importance. The others asked why their language wasn't included and asked why the others were so special. ALL of the Spanish speakers knew and understood and spoke English very well except for one!

All my other co-workers who spoke foreign languages would stop speaking their language if any other person who didn't speak it were around. They all said it is respectful and all could be included into the conversation. They did not like when the Spanish speakers would carry on most of the day in their own language. They found it rude and arrogant.

I don't care if I moved to another Country and how many people of my home Country were there, I would never ever expect that the entire damned city change because of us. The citizens of that Country didn't leave their Country, why should they cater to one group??

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Fair? Are you saying they never stole land from another tribe? When you're on top you think everything you do is fair but when you're in second place with everyone else nothing is fair. Tell me when was the last time the world was fair?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm curious, indulge me - what hospital were you born in?

I wasn't born in LA but have lived mos of my life here and you see a wholely different city than I do and I've lived in San Pedro, Westwood, Inglewood, Sylmar, Westchester, worked in downtown, El Segundo, the west side, chatwworth and other places and the most white LA I've seen is Westchester near LAX were my Black neighbor's home (single family homes) was fire-bombed in the 80s and I did get weird looks at the local grocery with my brown (third generation US citizen) fiance - but it was only a few square miles.

So I'm curious where, in LA you were born and raised.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We appear to be functioning just fine with Spanish quickly becoming a secondary language in this country, so why fight it?

Why fight it? People are now missing job opportunities because they are required to speak Spanish and they aren't good at learning a foreign language. Many people just can't pick up another language well enough to converse and get by. Why fight it? Because never before, until millions upon millions of illegals came here, has any American citizen been forced to speak a foreign language in their own Country just because of one group of people. ALL others came here, learned the language and it was never an issue. No one ever had to speak a foreign language in order to get a job to provide for their families. No American citizen should have to speak a foreign language to be treated at a hospital or order in a restaurant or whatever just because of one group of people.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Sorry you had to see so many Hispanics in one day. Must have been very traumatizing for you.

That was rude and ignorant. He isn't racist!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Some of the posts in this thread are just downright xenophobic

Where?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

They were here first? How is that a logical argument to what the OP was trying to get through to the readers? They didn't pay a single dime in taxes to help build anything for our country. They take and take and take, complaining the whole time. If they are not legal citizens they should not benefit from any of our Democratic laws that were made to build up a country from nothing. Did Mexico not sell that land (by force sure, the U.S. did take over Mexico City as a persuasion, Mexico folded like their yard furniture)? I will try that next time I foreclose on my house that I built, show up 30 years later and start eating and sleeping in that newly remodeled house with a pool I couldn't afford to build. I was there first anyways. What if legal Americans just started killing illegal immigrants? They are invaders of our country IMHO. Like little brown Trojan horses, sneaking in and destroying a nation by their own presence. That would be a sight, and would probably cause many to retreat back to the country they remain loyal to and yet flee it in droves.

The OP implies that new un-documented 'aliens' are taking over the city. He incorrectly assumes that because someone speaks Spanish (or any language as a mother tongue) they are 'illiegal'.

The demographic is changing true - but undocumented immigration is only a minor part of that shift. Most of the change is from an increase in Brown US citizens.

He sees a vast - or another poster does - conspiracy to talk over the country by poor and mostly frightened people seeking a better life.

Coming across the border is not an undertaking to be made lightly many die making the attempt.

www.nytimes.com...

I honestly don't know what the writer of the OP is seeking but I do know that ejecting all undocumented and sealing all borders will not get him his "Leave it to Beaver" fantasy.

Eventually, now you must use your imagination for this here, humanity (should we exist so long) will become one color. It's simple evolution.

The colors separated out because of migration and physical segregation over the near quarter million years we have roamed the planet. Remember we all started out Black - is it Primodial Eve they call the common mother out of Africa) and it is inevitable, with contact and communication amoung all the continents and peoples, that we will become one color again.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join