It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am thinking of going MORMON.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Don't make a big deal out of it. I already believe in Jesus so it wouldn't be that big a switch.

Let me put it simply, there are not a lot of Mormons where I live, but those that I've meet are people of high integrity, intelligence and vision.

Mormons are not obsessed with conversion, they have an attitude of "we know what we know" and "if you want to know what we know, that is just fine too"

I find that refreshing. The only thing is that they look a little too white, and I would be just another white guy. But I think they don't advertise as much as others that's why.

Oh and.... if I ever get a chance ......voting Romney looks better and better........KIDDING

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Do you know what they believe? Do you believe the same?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Well if south park is right you are choosing correctly.
Outside if that off chance, you sure you want to choose a religion based on small sample size?

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Do you know what they believe? Do you believe the same?

I am sorry but i am gonna be skipping questions from you, no worries I have that right, just like you have a right to post.

link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5
Don't make a big deal out of it. I already believe in Jesus so it wouldn't be that big a switch.

Except you would believe Joseph Smith to be a prophet of God...

I'm just going to leave this here, lol:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You know I guess I should make a trip to Main Church of Latter Day Saints and make a final decision, might as well convert at the center.
edit on 23-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Mormon doctrine is not as straighforward as it looks at first glance. There are some VERY eccentric teachings at the centre of it, which don't get presented on first acquaintance.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

No offense Daaskapital

But you are quoting what is vulgar and offensive show. SouthPark is not every man's dream cartoon just so you know.

Some of us consider ourselves, intellectuals

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Yes, you have that right. But it would not be very smart.

You should look into their beliefs first. Specifically Joseph Smith being a fraud .. and it being able to be proven.

One is his fraudulent translation of Egyptian scrolls, another is his idea that native americans were actually Jews.

There are a number of other things as well, look it up or don't.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I will travel to meet other Mormons, and if they are of behavior and Thinking as those I've already met.

I am in.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It was a joke. Come on, lol.

I'm not here to have a go at you and your religious choices. Go for whatever religion you want. I hope you done your research on Mormonism though...
edit on 23-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You should look into their beliefs first. Specifically Joseph Smith being a fraud .. and it being able to be proven.

eheheheh

I am sure your "ways" work with some people.

But if you want to accuse Joseph of being fraud, proof is on you.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Let me put it simply, there are not a lot of Mormons where I live, but those that I've meet are people of high integrity, intelligence and vision.

Mormons are not obsessed with conversion, they have an attitude of "we know what we know" and "if you want to know what we know, that is just fine too"

I find that refreshing. The only thing is that they look a little too white, and I would be just another white guy. But I think they don't advertise as much as others that's why.

Oh and.... if I ever get a chance ......voting Romney looks better and better........KIDDING

You only cited what you perceive to be be the Mormon people's outlook on life. Do you have any specific quotes from the Mormon doctrine you'd like to add?

Anything that might make others see why you've made this change?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You've managed to convince me that you're a wind-up merchant, as they say in these parts.
I'll leave you to it.

edit on 23-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's just fine with me, think whatever you want.

If I were you, I would save that pent up wrath for "those who say they are Jews but do lie"

Just saying. There is worse out there than bunch of Mormons you perceive as "weird"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

fairly certain you are trolling, and fairly certain that is against this websites T&C's.

could you explain the last part of your post?

Specifically, this part?

The part where you said you were kidding? Are you serious or are you trolling?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

eheheheh

I am sure your "ways" work with some people.

But if you want to accuse Joseph of being fraud, proof is on you.

Book of Abraham.

Check Mate.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
You only cited what you perceive to be be the Mormon people's outlook on life. Do you have any specific quotes from the Mormon doctrine you'd like to add?

Anything that might make others see why you've made this change?

Good questions

HERE WE GO, HOW MUCH TIME YOU GOT

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisaical glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You've managed to convince me that you're a wind-up merchant, as they say in these parts.
I'll leave you to it.

You more or less nailed it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Good copy and paste.

Do you believe in the Book of Abraham?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join