It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am thinking of going MORMON.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Brother I have been talking with LDS members for over 2 1/2 years. I know their doctrine well.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

LDS members don't teach the same Jesus of the Bible. Jesus in the LDS doctrine is the literal spirit brother of Satan. In the Bible Jesus is the creator of Satan. Jesus in the LDS doctrine is one of three Gods. Jesus in the Bible is the one and only God.

LDS members also believe that they will become Gods one day. LDS members believe that God used to be a man(and he had a God) like you and me and that you can one day become a God of your own, but this belief clearly contradicts Isaiah 43:10

Mormons are not obsessed with conversion, they have an attitude of "we know what we know" and "if you want to know what we know, that is just fine too" I find that refreshing.

Yea mormons are like that because they have no evidence Scripture or Science backing up there claims. If you truly believe in Christ you shouldn't find that attitude refreshing. The Bible plainly tells us that we are to spread the word to all.

I am not going to write where I am pulling these verses from but if you want to read the context just copy and paste it into google:

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

The Bible has a test for prophets:

You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed

Joseph smith prophesied that Jesus would return in 1891. Joseph Smith claimed that the Native Americans were of Hebrew decent(yet they are of East Asian Descent based on mitochondrial DNA)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was a member since about age 9 and have been out for a while now.

Research the church's history and esp. Smith's relationships and his Masonic beliefs, before that mob he stirred-up killed him.

Check out the King of Beaver Island story, you might still find a few believer's in that prophet who had just as much authority from God as Smith did, you could join that branch of the Mormon family if you want.

I did too much LDS in the 70s, I'm glad that the flashbacks (missionaries) haven't been coming around anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Mormons use the same words as Christians but they define them differently and this is the key to understanding why all of the articles of faith are pretty much incorrect.

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

Mormons believe the three mentioned here are three different Gods. God the Eternal Father used to be a man like you and I. He went through the process of exaltation and became a God, before that He had a God.

Isaiah 43:10 is all I have to post to show this belief is unbiblical.

3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

An LDS member believes we are "saved by grace, after all we can do."( 2 Nephi 25:23) The LDS believe in three separate kingdoms of heaven: Terrestrial Telestial and Celestial. God the Father only lives in the Celestial Kingdom(Christ lives in the Telestial kingdom). Heaven in the traditional Christian view is where the Father lives. Only a mormon can make it to the celestial kingdom in the LDS doctrine. Mormons have a works based view. You do all you can to work your way into heaven and then Jesus makes up the difference, saved by grace, AFTER all we can do. Traditional Christians believe they are only seen as clean through Christ.

4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

First Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ(2 Corinthians 11: 4) if its not the same Jesus it does you no good.

Second repentance in the traditional christian view is a change of mind about how your are to be saved. You are supposed to change your mind from relying on yourself to relying on Christ.

Third Baptism by immersion is not the saving baptism(Matthew 3:11)

Fourth, You are sealed with the holy spirit at the moment of belief Ephesians 1:13-14

5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

"those who are in authority.." refers to LDS high priest. In the Bible Jesus is the high priest and the one who has authority to command the holy spirit.

6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

They believe in living prophets, but the Bible clearly tells us prophecy as far as revelation for the Church is no longer in effect.

"For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John."

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it"

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe

8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

Major problem here. LDS members think the Bible has been corrupted, and that it isn't the complete word of God. Yet the Bible clearly states that God will preserve his Church and his word. I have given you enough information to see that the LDS doctrine is unbiblical. If you still want to follow a separate Christ from the one of the Bible then join them.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Don't do it! I have close ties to it thru marriage and it is really crazy stuff that they believe in, plus they love to judge others... Avoid at all costs! Just my two cents... They try to recruit all the time because their numbers are down since the advent of the internet. They even tell their members to not research any of the disputed issues, as doing so would show them to be untrue. Good luck, regardless!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5
Don't make a big deal out of it. I already believe in Jesus so it wouldn't be that big a switch.

Let me put it simply, there are not a lot of Mormons where I live, but those that I've meet are people of high integrity, intelligence and vision.

Mormons are not obsessed with conversion, they have an attitude of "we know what we know" and "if you want to know what we know, that is just fine too"

I find that refreshing. The only thing is that they look a little too white, and I would be just another white guy. But I think they don't advertise as much as others that's why.

Oh and.... if I ever get a chance ......voting Romney looks better and better........KIDDING

Thats just mormonic. The Mormons twist the bible, dont trust them.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
someone thinks it would be the awesome to have multiple womenz

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

lololololol

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: WineWithIce5
I already believe in Jesus so it wouldn't be that big a switch.

It depends. What do you believe about Jesus now? The vast majority of main stream Christianity believes Jesus is divine ... literally God incarnate. The mormons do not. Mormon belief includes multiple planets and that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers elsewhere. Read more here . They do not believe in the Holy (divine) Trinity being God. That's a HUGE difference in belief structure. Mormons have a vastly different interpretation of Who God is than main stream Christianity. If you believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers on another planet before coming here and that Jesus isn't Divine ... then you are in the right place. If you can't buy that ... the start looking elsewhere.

As far as South Park goes. The Mormon episode, as with most episodes, is crass humor but it is factual. South Park tells the truth with crass humor but there is no getting around the facts that they had in regard to what the Mormon belief system is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

FF... how many times have you said nearly the same words to me over the last two years? lol...

And how many times did I say.. Ohh.. FF.. your soooooooooo right! ???

hahahaha

Jesus and HIS Holy Spirit needs to teach him the truth... until then, the OP is on his own path i believe.
edit on 23-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Comparing one ridiculous origin story to another and choosing one group of brain washed followers over another and feeling smug that somehow THAT insane orginization makes more sense than the other and will somehow get you eternal ice cream... what's NOT to like about religion?

But whatever gets you through... it can be a tough slog.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"Yes" any Church™ is a business, EXACTLY.. but more importantly it has to do with a computer program that 'scrambles' My postings when/if I activate it and that is one of 3 ways to do it...

God is FREE!!! any body that makes $$ at Church™ or trying to decipher communique from The One Infinite Creator just $ullie$ the message.. Each Self has a 'direct link' to TheeOne and any Church™ is getting the aforementioned "used" or second handed, then those in 'the flock' who cannot think for their own Self are led astray by those who profess to 'believe' If those same folks would do away w/the distortion they'd "KNOW" 'know' trumps 'believe' "felt" 'thought'...
The One who KNOWS does not talk(type)..The One who talks(types) does not KNOW... The same thing Jesus got whacked for and then that red rum was pinned on His bff, Judas.. QUIT charging for God!

If those who choose pot to communicate with Hunab Ku, how is that different than You?

And "ABSOLUTELY" I'd like to see Church™ run on "air and water" and the Church™ to start paying their taxes!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Why don't you tell us the true origin story then boss man.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You don't need to belong to any cult to find religion just search your heart for Jesus.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

get your hands on the BOOK of MORMON--start reading it..if it makes any sense to you--then you must ask yourself-"if this is really the history of America--why are there No artifacts found in the ground? or in the native indian languages?"
i have always enjoyed the missionaries when they come to my door--but i made the mistake of telling them the truth
--"i will never get baptized in your church" so now they do not come any more.
now--i prayed like they asked me to, to ask God if that book is true? the answer i got was "YES, BUT..."
i needed to find out what that "BUT" meant--and this is the answer i got.
"it is not the history of the america but the future written in code"
i asked "when did this start?" the answer was "Sept. 2014"
i have not tried to decode it--but it would be fun to sit down with someone else and try.
i asked this, "will the Mormons ever know this?" the answer i got was
"their Prophet will hear this same message very soon"

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: poligripparrot

Threading in dangerous waters. Everything you just said is completely unbiblical .

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Generally speaking, at their church services and functions, they are basically like any non-denominational Christian church. The things I think are good about therm is that they are family oriented, are big on genealogy, and they believe in preparedness due to their belief that these are the latter days. Another plus would be their priesthood system that makes it possible for people to climb the church ranks and gain higher positions.

But ultimately they have the twisted beliefs outlined by FlyersFan (all true in my understanding) because of their false prophet Joseph Smith, a conman who desired an earthly kingdom based on his own false doctrines.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Why would I tell you anything about the beginning of everything when my main point was nobody here has all the answers... and to think for yourself? Especially when the provided answers from the myriad of religions are conflicting, arbitrary and incorrect.... or at least most of them must be wrong as they cannot ALL be right ...right?

But again... existence can be rough and having a father figure to watch out for you is okay... as long as it's seen as what it IS... faith... rather than a perceived hard truth people are willing to kill each other over... or at least argue on internet forums over.

So I find religion to be more separating than comforting... but that's just how God made me and I apologize for seeming to have more answers than others. I would say I have less answers... but I might be more accurate... God only knows.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join