It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am thinking of going MORMON.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
(post by Psychonautics removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Those gods are older than Mormonism. Hardly new age.
I thought this thread would be more a discussion on why you are thinking about joining, but you don't seem to even know anything about them.
It seems you are using this religion for some personal agenda you have.
Can you not discuss the reasons you are thinking about joining?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
From your reactions to people asking questions and giving advice based on personal experience, this seems like more a troll thread than an attempt to get information. You keep telling people to keep replying so you can get to the top. May that be your real goal?

EDIT: so sick of that mainstream American arrogance. Luckily I happen to know you folks won't be able to sing much longer

And then you come along with some veiled, empty threat, like you're important enough to have some inside knowledge that we're all going to be ...what?..dead? soon. But, you're not trolling. Right?

(post by WineWithIce5 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Those gods are older than Mormonism. Hardly new age.
I thought this thread would be more a discussion on why you are thinking about joining, but you don't seem to even know anything about them.
It seems you are using this religion for some personal agenda you have.
Can you not discuss the reasons you are thinking about joining?

Page one of this thread lists Mormon Core Values which are in my view correct.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
From your reactions to people asking questions and giving advice based on personal experience, this seems like more a troll thread than an attempt to get information. You keep telling people to keep replying so you can get to the top. May that be your real goal?
And then you come along with some veiled, empty threat, like you're important enough to have some inside knowledge that we're all going to be ...what?..dead? soon. But, you're not trolling. Right?

Actually YEAH MOST OF YOU WILL BE DEAD SOON

It is called The Revelation, what part in it plays the US government who happens to control your life.

ah that's ok, you are about to tell me you don't believe in that stuff or that you are other religion etc...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

…23"Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him. 24"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25"Behold, I have told you in advance.

BUT that is okay! Because:

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.…

So... the road your on, depends on whether or not your HIS sheep, or not... Good luck on this journey and I wish you well!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

ROFLMAO.

And you don't think the Russians [ or any other government ] are going to burn right along with us?
Wow, that some blinders you have.

Edit to Add : Not playing anymore, got better things to do. The paint on my living room wall is drying. Much more interesting.
edit on 23-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

When you join a temple, they inspect your naked body. They do the same for your family...kids included.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

And you don't think the Russians [ or any other government ] are going to burn right along with us?
Wow, that some blinders you have.

Buddy, US has killed directly and indirectly over a MILLION people in the last 14 years. But of course, I don't expect that to matter to ya.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty
When you join a temple, they inspect your naked body. They do the same for your family...kids included.

I don't have kids, and as for body inspection, for all they know I have Giant Satan Pentagram Tattoo on my stomach.

So why shouldn't they they check out if I have NAZI tattoos or other kinds of BS stuff on my body

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

I don't have kids,
That might be a good thing.
Anyway like a lot of the posters have suggested sounds like you need lot's of research before you make any decision.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A gang of atheists shills and saboteurs. Why I had no idea that religion part of ATS is complete sham and a waste of time.

Had I shown up going into wica or kabbalah or outright satanism, I would receive warmer welcome

shame on you, and whatever you put out into the Universe may it come back straight at you in this life and another.

EDIT: so sick of that mainstream American arrogance. Luckily I happen to know you folks won't be able to sing much longer

You are so right. How dare anyone give their opinion on what you put out here for opinion and debate. What the hell are we thinking? I'm with you bro. Jump right into the Mormon church, and enjoy yourself. Personally, I've been considering the direction some of my fellow atheists have taken. Becoming the pastor of a church. Seems to work out well for them, and they make a good living. They tell me no one even suspects they're atheist. Especially the Mormon congregations.

I hope it works out for you. I really do.
edit on 11/23/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All religions are fairy tales in my opinion. I would say though that If you like the congregation and they give you a sense of belonging and make you feel more rooted to the world around you then go for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Don't make a big deal out of it.

So, You Want to Be a Mormon...

If you don't want people to "make a big deal out of it", why on earth would you post such a personal decision on a discussion board like ATS, where people are WELL-KNOWN to make a big deal out of EVERYTHING, and open up your personal relationship between you and your Jesus for all to criticize? And then get "prickly" when people ask questions and criticize your choice?

I don't really care about your religious decisions at all. Be a Mormon. Go for it. It's as good/bad as any other religion people latch onto.

Mormons are not obsessed with conversion

They're not???

The Mormon church is preparing to blanket the globe with more missionaries than ever as a surge of young men and women pack their white shirts, ties and knee-length skirts.
Church scholars say the unprecedented number of missionaries gives Mormons an opportunity to bring in a higher number of converts, and perhaps more importantly, do a better job of keeping current members active.

Source

Well, congratulations, anyway. The Mormons I've met are also of high integrity. I can't speak for the intelligence and vision of anyone who takes up with a religion, but Mormons seem like good people. Just don't come knocking on my door.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

www.nybooks.com...

Yet Stalin was also worse, because his regime killed far, far more people, tens of millions it was often claimed, in the endless wastes of the Gulag.

Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin. In “Europe A History,” British historian Norman Davies counted 50 million killed between 1924-53, EXCLUDING wartime casualties.
capitalization my own.

Maybe just trying to catch up?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
I would say though that If you like the congregation and they give you a sense of belonging and make you feel more rooted to the world around you then go for it.

Finally One Guy Gets It Jeeessssuuusss

I am not impressed with religion part of ATS and will from now on stay the hell away from it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin. In “Europe A History,” British historian Norman Davies counted 50 million killed between 1924-53, EXCLUDING wartime casualties.
capitalization my own.

You are comparing Exaggerated history of Soviets with modern day actions of USA from 2001 an on.

So you are saying Russians went positive and Americans negative.

No worries, I am sure you are about to dig yourself out with some twisting.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow so much hate in this thread.

I say if you are interested in joining the LDS Church than go for it.

There is no fast track to it though, you will have to meet with missionaries who will teach you the beliefs of the church and you can then decide what you want to do.

I'm not sure why you brought this up on ATS, anything religious is 'immature' and 'for those darn sheeple.'

Good luck in your endeavors and make the decision yourself, don't let other people bash you for your decision.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

thanks

you and maybe 2-3 others on this thread are ok

<< 1  2    4 >>

join