It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Pasta / Noodles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Personally like Angel Hair with Shrimp Scambi or Baked Ziti w/Ricotta cheese with Mozzarella baked over it all.

But i lied my favorite are the noodles they serve at the Japanese Hibachi grills - could eat that all day everday w/steak...lol

What are your favorite pasta dishes?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Potato gnocchi is my favorite with fresh grated peccorino romano cheese and cracked black peppercorns. I also love manicotti.

For sauces fra diavolo is one of my favorites, or a basic gravy with tons of garlic. First I get the garlic a little brown by frying it in olive oil for a bit then adding it to the sauce. It simmers for hours with the garlic stewing. Or I'll make one from fresh cherry tomatoes, they melt down and some of them burst from the slightest pressure.

Sometimes I'll make linguini aioli. Pesto genovese with plenty of cheese and the right amount of olive oil, I make that often. And vegetable lasagna, along with eggplant parmesan

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
stuffed shells is up there on the list.

i love linguine and clams with mushrooms.....super easy to make. load it up with garlic salt and parm cheese.....that dish is off the chain....

im cooking the turkey for the fam on thurs. i always stuff mine with pasta.

i boil spaghetti....let it cool off.
mix a load of shredded mozzarella, a can of parmesan cheese, a large container of cottage cheese, a small container of ricotta cheese, and a couple eggs....hit it up with whatever spices you want....
mix the cheese and eggs together....add the mixture to the noodles and mix it all up again...stuff the bird.

its awesome man...the fam loves it

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

White Mac N Cheese cooked and put in a casserole dish, side of fried bacon turned to crunble and mixed in the cooked MNC. Then... layer of shredded cheddar over the top of the mix.
Top it off with woven uncooked bacon strips... White mac N cheese bacon pie. Just broil it in the oven until the top is crispy n golden bacon goodness.

Or parm bowties are good too. lol
edit on 21-11-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My buddy made spaghetti with Cream, Hunts Tomato paste & butter & it was about the best sauce i ever tasted a bit dry but it was awesome....

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
another fav of ours is broccoli and (whatever noodle you like)...we use ziti

boil a pound of ziti...boil a as much broccoli that will fit the pan...

mix them together and put a layer in the pan....sprinkle a light layer of mozzarella cheese on it..repeat till at the top layer and then load it down with mozzeralla...after that hit it up hard with parm or romano....bake at 350 till cheese it melted and the edges start to get crispy..

nom nom nom

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I'm a big fan of stuffing, but that stuffing you describe sounds different and delicious. Can you post how you make it recipe wise? And how does it affect the Turkey? Does it keep it moist and tender?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Not a fan of thick noodles, will go with angel hair, rice vermicelli/ rice noodles. Also, vegetable lasagna and homemade mac and cheese. Perogies are another favorite.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I can do pasta any day...no matter what shape size or form.
I love fettuccine and linguini but my staple is macaroni with beef and cheese and some bread crumbs on top.

I love all pasta.

Spaghetti with butter and pepper is a staple.
Macaroni and tomato juice with pepper is a staple.
Pasta and cheez whiz is a staple.

A bag of pasta is cheap...how you spice it up...is up to you.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I'm a big fan of stuffing, but that stuffing you describe sounds different and delicious. Can you post how you make it recipe wise? And how does it affect the Turkey? Does it keep it moist and tender?

not bragging but since you kind of asked, my turkey is the chronic...i will only eat mine and my mothers which is why i always make it....flat out refuse to eat anyone elses...
my bird comes out with moist meat, golden brown crispy skin...i will post a picture of it thurs when it is done...

i use a foil tent....only way to do it...some people put it in a bag or cover it with a lid...thats nasty

anyway, no, it does not effect the meat at all. the bird has to cook a little longer just like if it were stuffed...the juices from the bird run through the pasta stuffing while it cooks and that gives the pasta stuffing flavor...

i dont have a recipe really....it is all about how much cheese you want to use....i will tell you again what i do with a little more specifics...

rinse the bird off and pat it dry...make sure its dry..rub it down with butter...all sides....salt, pepper, and a light touch of paprika(helps it brown)....

i will boil about 1.5 lbs of noodles...set them aside and let them cool.
in a big bowl i am tossing in about 16 ounces of mozzarella, 16 ounces cottage, 8 ounces ricotta, and a large can(16 ounces i think) of parm cheese....i add 2 eggs to the cheese mixture(this helps it stick together)...i throw in salt and pepper and mix all the cheese and egg mixture up...
i take the cheese mixture and add it to the pasta and ix it up real good....
then stuff the bird.....

put the bird on a cheapo rack in a disposable pan...put a fol tent over it...not touching the bird..i mean an actual tent so the bird is covered but it is not tight...maybe 4 inches from top of bird to foil...
throw it in and start the cook as per weight...

baste it with its own juices once every hour...take the tent off for the last hour...
let it rest for 30 minutes and carve that dude up...
all the meat is moist...the skin is crispy...its fantastic.

i will start a thread thursday with a pic of it before i put it in and when i take it out.....

thats it....i do it the same way every year

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I can do pasta any day...no matter what shape size or form.
I love fettuccine and linguini but my staple is macaroni with beef and cheese and some bread crumbs on top.

I love all pasta.

Spaghetti with butter and pepper is a staple.
Macaroni and tomato juice with pepper is a staple.
Pasta and cheez whiz is a staple.

A bag of pasta is cheap...how you spice it up...is up to you.

Yes - the PA Dutch Egg Noodles w/butter.
That's all you need!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
more important than the pasta is the gravy(red sauce)...

if anyone says they use canned sauce for these delicious sounding dishes i might have a meltdown...
you have to make your own sauce and let it reduce for at least 3 hours

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I have used canned before but I prefer buying roma tomatoes and reducing them to a good sauce.
I make killer sauces...I recently did a sloppy joe's sauce I reduced from a can of tomato soup.

I kicked its butt.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Homemade noodles with Parmesan cheese, butter, and a little salt make a good side dish. Pretty cheap too.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Fettuccine Alfredo w/chicken breast from DeFalco's Deli and Grocery in Scottsdale,Az, My favorite pasta and my absolute favorite place to get it. I get to enjoy once or twice a year when I'm there. Good thing too. If I lived there I'd be a 300 lb. gourmand.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Tortelloni, they're bigger than tortellini. More stuff inside so more flavor. Don't ruin them with heavy sauces, just add garlic and butter, maybe saute some fresh chopped tomatoes with that. Not too much Grana Padano and extra virgin olive oil on top and good wine aside.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I no particular order (and as long as I am making them):

Garganelli
    Malloreddus
    Tortelloni
    Strozzapreti
    Croxetti

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My favorite is the wide egg noodles....in anything that requires pasta...just my fav.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My favorite is Italian Pasta; you know I am always ready to eat Italian Pasta!! Well dear I am also very good in making pasta. I learned the proper recipe from an online cooking video site. It contains much more video recipes for beginners.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Pleased to know about this information on preparing fast food. Last month, at one of dinner party with my friends, prepared a new recipe about which I came to know from Nom Photo App. Everyone liked it a lot and praised me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join