It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

probe to the moon........why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And probes always cost less than manned missions, and long term manned missions will cost 10 times as much as a short term mission.

Yet a few posts down you claim that it's important to get off of this "Rock" How important is it? Just cut out the fancy new jets that don't even fly and knock off the perpetual wars and what do you know we might just get off this mad house of a planet that you call the "Rock" ( just to get to another rock)
If we are too poor due to the improper allocation of the worlds resources then stuff has got to seriously change indeed.

I agree with other posters it is curious that we have not returned to the moon in all these years, yet we are producing high tech stuff at a rapid pace world wide.

Atom smashers....not a problem......atomic ships/subs....no sweat we got the cash.....Pre paid contracts for new jets that are unproven.....check is in the mail.....
Fly Armour and troops non stop in a loop to the middle east......hey get on board soldier.....
Back up Israel with Trillions so they can shoot stone throwers and bulldoze adobe homes.....can do.....
But go to the moon and all of a sudden it's too expensive......I guess it is all priorities and who's those are is certainly clear to me.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Its not just cost alone. One of the biggest reasons Apollo ended was lack of interest that continues to this day.

It would be nice to give space a huge budget, but getting rid of the military isn't going to suddenly make everyone best friends working together.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It would be nice to give space a huge budget, but getting rid of the military isn't going to suddenly make everyone best friends working together.
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well it would be a good start no? How can Nations go to war if they have no funding?
Then the Generals are sitting around twiddling their thumbs and worried about their pensions and prestige whilst we plan to get off of this "Rock".
Regards, Iwinder
This post is a bit off topic and I apologize in advance but I am simply answering your question.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

And you think that after decades of distrust everyone is going to suddenly agree?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And you think that after decades of distrust everyone is going to suddenly agree?

Take away the funds and they really have no choice do they?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

Regards, Iwinder

back to reality this is an impossibility, it would be great and all but wont ever happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And how are you taking the funds from other countries?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

Regards, Iwinder

Never going to happen.

As long as there are geopolitical borders or governments that wish to remain in power, there will always be military forces, and they will always be funded.

Try making suggestions based upon reality.

What we need is: something on the moon or in space that is desperately needed here. If the moon were to some how be full of oil, you bet your rear end that we'd already be up there pumping away.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Have you ever wondered where the flying saucers are when they are not on earth? when something we sent up there went around to the dark side of the moon--something was seen that caused a lot of interest. what they saw was a colony where the flying saucers had been parked. i knew about it before i heard this. so when i heard the Pres say he wanted funds to study the dark side of the moon--i knew why.
not hard to figure out--they dont want to tell you much--just that they want to study it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: poligripparrot

Have you ever wondered where the flying saucers are when they are not on earth?

Not really.

when something we sent up there went around to the dark side of the moon--something was seen that caused a lot of interest.

There is no "Dark" side of the moon. You have the "Near Side", which faces us always, an the "Far Side", which faces away from us always. Both sides get equal amount of sunlight.

what they saw was a colony where the flying saucers had been parked. i knew about it before i heard this. so when i heard the Pres say he wanted funds to study the dark side of the moon--i knew why.

I see. I'm sure you can provide us clear images of this "colony" on the far side of the moon using the images provided by Arizona State University's LRO?

LROC Quick Maps

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

... i knew about it before i heard this...

How?

I mean, how did you have knowledge about this before you even heard about this?

edit on 11/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Have you ever wondered where the flying saucers are when they are not on earth? when something we sent up there went around to the dark side of the moon--something was seen that caused a lot of interest. what they saw was a colony where the flying saucers had been parked. i knew about it before i heard this. so when i heard the Pres say he wanted funds to study the dark side of the moon--i knew why.

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I see. I'm sure you can provide us clear images of this "colony" on the far side of the moon using the images provided by Arizona State University's LRO?

I'd settle for the link that shows "the Pres say he wanted funds to study the dark side of the moon".

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: poligripparrot

Someone watched too much Iron Sky, huh?

It's funny, was it intended?

A collaboration between the space agencies wouldn't be that new, and there could be companies interested in funding that one too, since it is to mine ressources...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join