It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

probe to the moon........why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

This article has pictures from when it had been launched. Through the porthole.

Yes, during test flights, not when it went to the ISS though. Dragon 2 has 3 larger windows, so if it ever gets to go to the ISS, maybe we'll see some images, but AFAIK, the ISS is a military asset and no images by non-military operators are allowed from anywhere near it. A view from Soyuz on this page:
www.esa.int...

edit on 19-11-2014 by GaryN because: change link

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

You're kidding right? The ISS Is purely a joint program by NASA, and many other countries. Hence the INTERNATIONAL part. It's a civilian space station, and there are no restrictions on taking images of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So there aren't any images of the ISS from dragon?

nssphoenix.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Military asset???

The ISS programme is a joint project among five participating space agencies: NASA, Roscosmos, JAXA, ESA, and CSA.[15][17] The ownership and use of the space station is established by intergovernmental treaties and agreements

Source

Do you actually have sources for some of these rather incredible statements that you make?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
a reply to: Xeven

We can either go to the moon colonize and mine it or watch China do it. Who ever does it will eventually rule the Earth.

Just sending humans there is a status symbol for their home country.
But even China knows that there is nothing on the Moon that we need down here.

Perhaps not down here but there is plenty on the moon that we will need as we expand throughout the solar system. Helium-3 for fusion reactors for example.

Also in case you didn't know, its a lot easier to take water from Lunar ice since the moon has 1/6th the gravity of Earth so if you are going on a deep space mission you will fuel up and grab your water supply probably from the moon.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Why now?

Faster, better, cheaper.

Its at the point where private ventures can go land on the moon and we have a small but growing space economy. 50 years ago we were just dipping our toes in the water.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So there aren't any images of the ISS from dragon?

Good photos, not. That's from a thermal imaging device, not going to give away too many trade secrets there.
Meanwhile they have a fancy high-res megapixel camera in the cargo bay, they expecting the cargo to do something unexpected?

Arecont Vision® Megapixel Cameras Reach New Heights on the SpaceX Dragon Spacecraft
www.businesswire.com...

@eriktheawful

Do you actually have sources for some of these rather incredible statements that you make?

Just conspiracy web sites.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Right, because the military is going to work with Russia, Japan, and all those other countries on a military project that's apparently so classified that they don't allow pictures of it from just anyone.

High resolution ISS images

An entire Google search of high resolution ISS images. There are even good images of it from the ground through telescopes.

The ISS is a join NASA/ESA/JAXA/Russian program, that has NOTHING to do with the military.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They aren't removing Reseau marks from the Apollo image catalogs. They are providing images without the Reseau marks.

LOL man that was a good one.

Seriously though. NASA & ASU are in an open conspiracy. A conspiracy for what? To do exactly what you said " providing images without the Reseau marks."

This is a fine example of an open conspiracy. The government is doing CGI of historical documents of the Apollo moon landings and nobody cares about it because pretty pictures. What NASA/ASU are doing to the Apollo images is outside the ethical boundaries of photojournalism.

The OP has seriously ridiculed the idea of returning manned missions to the lunar surface.

really? mans walked on the moon and they want us to invest in sending a probe to the moon?

to do what? more than the people that were already there? do not see the point if you ask me unless no one was there in first place lol

I don't think that the OP even realizes that there is a serious New Race for Space & the Moon.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

And as was pointed out to you a few dozen times, the ORIGINAL IMAGES aren't being touched. You can still get the original images untouched.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There have been so many hundreds of probes sent to the moon already, many or even most are still classified, so perhaps the founders of this venture don't know a lot about those, or just trying to keep the space adventure going in their own way..

You can't spend that much money and NOT know a lot about our moon, well, the public doesn't get to see that really fun data. Some does slip through however.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't think there has even been 50, and the data are readily available - as my groaning bookshelves will attest.
edit on 19-11-2014 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You don't understand.
You don't know the things he knows.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

High resolution ISS images

Well I guess those are a little better, but they don't give away much either. They sent an IMAX camera to view inside the ISS, I was hoping for an outside tour, in 3D of course. Guess I'll have to settle for an animation.

Fly Around International Space Station
www.youtube.com...

The ISS is a join NASA/ESA/JAXA/Russian program, that has NOTHING to do with the military.

Where's the conspiracy fun in that? I'd say it was the military of all the participating countries that are in on it together. That's more likely the case.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
There have been so many hundreds of probes sent to the moon already, many or even most are still classified, so perhaps the founders of this venture don't know a lot about those, or just trying to keep the space adventure going in their own way..

You can't spend that much money and NOT know a lot about our moon, well, the public doesn't get to see that really fun data. Some does slip through however.

If you have a few billion, this company will take you to the Moon:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Where's the conspiracy fun in that? I'd say it was the military of all the participating countries that are in on it together.
So...the military lets tourists in their secret facilities?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So the US is in the habit of letting potential opponents have free access to what it supposedly a classified space station? Along with civilians and tourists, but won't let an unmanned cargo module take pictures.

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

I don't think there has even been 50, and the data are readily available - as my groaning bookshelves will attest.

The Soviets alone sent close to 50 unclassified probes to the moon before 1977, (granted some never left earth orbit and a few pin wheeled into the launch pad), (They were spoofing NK's future space program using spare parts maybe haha)..

I was speaking about all earth launched lunar missions and not just NASA's lunar programs.

Since the moon was considered and still is, a military interest for all kinds of interesting reasons, especially back in the day before manned missions there, it would be disingenuous to suggest there were no secret missions to the moon, and in saying that, both the Soviet Union, and the USA were always at each others heels trying to find ways to make the moon useful in military applications, which the both did do a lot of. So I think it would be safe to say (even here with the kiddies), that much more than 50 moon missions were done in the pastwww.russianspaceweb.com...

edit on 20-11-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: ea-ee

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'm talking about ones that actually made it!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So the US is in the habit of letting potential opponents have free access to what it supposedly a classified space station? Along with civilians and tourists, but won't let an unmanned cargo module take pictures.

Makes perfect sense.

That is the beauty of the conspiracy. It makes no sense so no one would ever discover it.

Most of the topic has been done to death in this and other threads so I won't bother saying much more than how sad I am that people complain about us learning more about our backyard. It's almost like saying we have gone to the beach so we no longer need to explore the depths of the ocean.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join