It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 alien autopsy image is ‘smoking gun’, researcher claims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Blue-Blanket-Pack-of-2-L12063850.jpg]metalized blue tarps[/url] be anachronistic?

Well, it's not this one. The aspect ratio is all messed up, or it's a bad crop. I think it's from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hey Blue Shift,

why do you keep posting pictures that you think are not it?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicRay

To see if anybody else might recognize it when it eventually pops up, or if they've already seen it somewhere. Just trying to beat the reveal to the punch, I guess.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicRay

Hey Blue Shift,

Process of elimination?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ooh the irony !
Imagine if all the dissected animals was actually ! Wait ..... Wait ....

UFO nuts making fake aliens !

Ooh I can hear the face palm !

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It looks like a humanoid with a Grey alien head, the body looks too manly. Greys are correctly described as slim and since they don't have to use their muscles to keep physical shape, you can expect they do not have such a body build.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Asking "it's not this one, is it?" is a little weird because the big reveal isn't until next year, so how could anyone know if it's the same photo Tom Carey has?

The 2nd photo you posted was from Agents of SHIELD by the way.

I suppose it's possible Tom Carey is ignorant enough to reveal a photo that's been publicly available on the internet this whole time, but we won't know until 2015. There's been over a year build-up of this smoking gun photo so I'm expecting something new that we haven't seen before. If he comes out and shows a photo we've all seen before then I have a new theme song for Mr. Carey on his next book tour.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You all realize NONE of the picture posted so far of of the alleged alien corpse...right? Come on people, please I'm trying to see at least a little bit of intelligence in the forum community. I realize that this one will probably be bogus as well but can we at least wait until January, when it is released before making any conclusions.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24
You all realize NONE of the picture posted so far of of the alleged alien corpse...right? Come on people, please I'm trying to see at least a little bit of intelligence in the forum community. I realize that this one will probably be bogus as well but can we at least wait until January, when it is released before making any conclusions.

I agree. I don't know why people don't just yawn when they hear this stuff until the goods are produced, studied and confirmed.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I agree. I don't know why people don't just yawn when they hear this stuff until the goods are produced, studied and confirmed.

Because the vast majority of the people in the "UFO community" in the US want to believe a certain narrative and need validation for those beliefs.

They are a ready made audience for being fooled and separated from money based on that fooling.

Watch Mirage Men and you'll see what I mean here.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Because the vast majority of the people in the "UFO community" in the US want to believe a certain narrative and need validation for those beliefs.

They are a ready made audience for being fooled and separated from money based on that fooling.

Yes, I'm familiar with that. The ET believers have been programmed to believe that beings from another planet will save them. I guess the real question is why these people long to be duped. I understand the motivations of the people doing the duping. It's the dupees who are interesting. They get conned by every bs spinner coming down the pike and line up for more. In that sense, they're no different from the people who get conned by televangelists. I think I answered my own question: to them aliens are gods and this is just another religion.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I think I answered my own question: to them aliens are gods and this is just another religion.

Bingo.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yes, I'm familiar with that. The ET believers have been programmed to believe that beings from another planet will save them. I guess the real question is why these people long to be duped.

Why does Scientology exist?

Why does any religion or cult have followers?

It's the same thing really, whether they chose to admit it to themselves or not.

We're asked to "believe" rather than seek irrefutable evidence.

We're questioned about our sincerity for seeking truth when we don't 'have faith'.

Sound familiar.

Science does not require faith or belief, it simply needs evidence to support a claim/prediction.

As such, American UFOlogy circa 2014 is more religion than science.

I understand the motivations of the people doing the duping. It's the dupees who are interesting. They get conned by every bs spinner coming down the pike and line up for more. In that sense, they're no different from the people who get conned by televangelists. I think I answered my own question: to them aliens are gods and this is just another religion.

You hit the nail on the head. Frequent a UFO convention for a day or two and then the next week go to a "prosperity preacher" event, or go to any number of cult introductory meetings.

The parallels are endless.

People with a need to believe always will be willing dupes for those cults of personality willing to lead them down the road they think exists (for whatever reason).

I think of a great episode of the remake of Cosmos with Neil DeGrass Tyson.

It was the one where they were talking about this group in the distant past in Turkey who learned through observation that lightning was not spirits and demons as they had been lead to believe but something natural which they could celebrate.

One of the key victories of knowledge over dogma in early civilization.
edit on 24-11-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
This story has been brewing for months. The geologist's slides do seem to date from the right era, but are of a body in a glass case and could be of a mummified or deformed human (like in the Sirius "alien").

First we are going to see the marketing,

...then we'll see what happens when it falls apart.

Frankly, if the image is not new or something significant Schmitt and Carey have everything to lose. So, I do not think they take this lightly. I don't know much about Tom Carey, but Don Schmitt has been doing significant and respectable Roswell research since the mid 80's.

Honestly, even if it's real we'll still have people on this thread saying it's fake without even looking at the expert testimony from the ex-Kodak employee.
edit on 19-12-2014 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I've known Don Schmitt for a long time and he's one of the most level headed and skeptical people out there and does his legwork regarding research. He's racked up over 400 interviews regarding Roswell. A good number of first hand witnesses, military personnel and a large number of second hand family members. He's not part of the UFO scammers crowd. He's part of the small group of UFO researchers out there that actually do research by testimony and evidence involving lab work by real accredited scientists. I'll be the first to admit he's taking a big risk, and he's expressed his concerns too. Let's wait to see what it is and then judge it based upon it's merits.

There's always been someone promising to reveal the "big one" and I'm just as skeptical as the rest that this will be real. Let's hope that Carey & Schmitt are not being set up. Part of their research involves government contacts. Could those contacts be looking to derail the 2 with this? All the government would have to do is flood other websites and Youtube with similar looking faked alien images and footage and everyone would take the Carey image to be a hoax too.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Even if you had the original film, with emulsion numbers.... there is always some of that in cold storage somewhere on this Earth that you can get. Somewhere, someone has some, unexposed. So the part of matching it up with a camera that would have been used at that time is real easy. The rest is all movie special effects, elaborate sets, Digital to Film CGI.. etc... and we know how good that can be.

Bottom line, there will never be a way to authenticate anything that has to do with photography today. Everything that has to do with photographic evidence will always have a hoax factor, and there will never be closure based on photography submitted as proof.

An arm, head or foot? That might work..

Slide are way easier to authenticate than digital images.

The slides have the film sealed with glue under the aged paper. It'd be pretty hard to take old film and process it new, glue up the slide to fake this. The film would have a different and newer look to the emulsion…the image wouldn't have properly aged. The glue and paper can absolutely be tested for age. Staining things with coffee grounds may produce an aged look, but it would not test as old. There are experts that can and do verify these things. They can test for how the film image has aged properly. There are many subtle things that would be really, really difficult to hoax on this without a great deal of effort. They didn't go to just someone that processed Kodak slides in a photo booth, they went to someone who was involved deep within Kodak on this. And there are other real scientists involved.

If someone is hoaxing Carey on this, it'd have to be one hell of an elaborate hoax or maybe something done by our our 3 letter agencies.

Amother possibility is that this alien slide image was produced by the government years back as a hoax or for some unknown purpose. And the people who got a hold of the slides took them to be real.
edit on 19-12-2014 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Honestly, even if it's real we'll still have people on this thread saying it's fake without even looking at the expert testimony from the ex-Kodak employee.

Hopefully we will all get a chance to look at the picture and testimony when its finally released in the next few weeks or months , although the article does say Carey aims to release his findings in full early next year.

Lets hope that nothing happens to delay that aim and we are given info on the tests done and name of the expert.
I await the release of the photo and documentation with interest.

edit on 19-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

you know, we will have to PAY to see these pics, right??

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

It wouldn't surprise me. Thats what the world of Ufology is all about anyway. $$$

They'll be on the internet within days of release anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I know nothing , I await enlightenment.

edit on 19-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join